testtest

Would you accept this?

UPDATE 9/28: I have not yet contacted Springfield Armory about the rifle. So it’s not that they haven’t responded. I don’t know if they monitor this group or not.

Just to clarify, this was NOT a display item. It was a direct ship from the Rural King warehouse to my local store and I did not get a discount off the price because of the damaged buffer tube. I actually posted the original question and pictures while in the store trying to decide if I would accept the gun with the scratches. And yes, I did try cleaning it, it’s scratched into the metal, it doesn’t rub off.

The main thing that bothered me is that everyone is paying top dollar on firearms and ammo right now, it would be nice for it to be in top condition. It would be different if I scratched it. It’s not supposed to come that way.

VERDICT: I took the rifle out for the first time this weekend and I LOVE it. Tight groupings. Even shooting through the same holes. Great solid build and a lot of fun to shoot. The scratch bugs me and it shouldn’t have come that way, but I really do recommend the Saint Victor. I think I just got a little unlucky with quality control because of the high demand right now. (Oh, I also recommend the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6. Sweet setup.).
Very nice. Congrats btw. Caught up in all the hub bub of the scratches we missed the overall picture. New firearm and excitement that comes with it. Victors are fantastic guns. I won't rehash the pages, but enjoy your new rifle. Nice scope choice. Ran my 2 victors this week end as well. Fun times

Sweet looking set up MsMelissa 👍. It’s not that I disagree with you on paying good money & then ending up with a damaged product when you take possession. My earlier post where I said I’d probably take it, was given in light of this unprecedented run on firearms and their short supply. I feel your annoyance & I’m interested in SA’s response if you contact them.

Sweet looking set up MsMelissa 👍. It’s not that I disagree with you on paying good money & then ending up with a damaged product when you take possession. My earlier post where I said I’d probably take it, was given in light of this unprecedented run on firearms and their short supply. I feel your annoyance & I’m interested in SA’s response if you contact them.

I’ve always been impress with Springfield’s fit and finish and quality. My 1911 Loaded is perfect and probably my favorite. This new Victor is an awesome shooter. I’ll check with Springfield, they may send a replacement buffer tube. If not, life is short and I will enjoy an awesome rifle.

I’ve always been impress with Springfield’s fit and finish and quality. My 1911 Loaded is perfect and probably my favorite. This new Victor is an awesome shooter. I’ll check with Springfield, they may send a replacement buffer tube. If not, life is short and I will enjoy an awesome rifle.
Copy that! Good luck with your Saint Victor. I have the original Saint AR & just bought a Saint Victor 300BO pistol.

MsMelissa, I refrained from offering my opinion on whether you should keep it or not, but in the end I'm glad you did. Here's why ...... back in about 1980-1 I was planning a long awaited and planned trip to Wyoming to hunt Pronghorns with my dad. I had several rifles I could've taken, but was really in the mood and had a terrible hankering for a brand new Remington Mod 700 'Classic' in .270 Win. Well I had it ordered and was anticipating getting in time for the trip, but it was delayed for some reason (don't remember why).

Well, it was finally delivered to my front door a couple days before we were to leave and wouldn't you know, it had a small blemish in the wood right behind the trigger guard. Not real bad, but bad enough I almost decided to send it back and not be able to take my new rifle on the biggest hunt of my life till then. But I wanted so bad to take it with us, I swallowed hard and went to the range to sight it in. I couldn't even take it out of the case without feeling almost sick.

Ended up taking the new rifle on the best hunt trip of my life ...... first big trip with my dad, brand new rifle, and filled 2 buck tags and 4 does tags with my new rifle and the thought of that slight blemish faded over the ten days we were out there. To this day that's my very first choice of rifles when I reach into the safe to get one and hadn't even thought of the blemish in years until reading your post about yours.

Yeh, that little blemish is still there, but it doesn't bother me in the least today. I've had too many good times and better memories with that rifle to let it bother me anymore. From your reports of your range day with your new rifle, I'm betting it will be exactly the same for you. Enjoy it as it is and know that it'll never let you down just because it has a little blemish. If it's as good to you as that old 700 has been to me, it won't be long before you make your own blemishes on it here and there, and these today won't even be relative. :D(y)(y)(y)(y)

@MsMelissa I’m really glad your happy with your Saint AR they awesome shooting rifles, I will say my very first AR15 was the Second generation Saint 5.56 with the free float hand guard, it had no scratches but the stock fit so tight on the buffer tube that adjustment was near impossible. Extending the stock required two people, one to hold the gun and one to pull on the stock while holding the lever. collapsing the stock I had to bang it on a bench.
The buffer tube scratched up very quickly.
The fix was I installed a really nice Magpul stock and buffer tube,
It allowed me to adjust one handed and was not loose that it wobbled. Just a thought. Until then and this may sound a little strange but pick up a black permanent marker and put some color on those scratches, let it dry and rub with cloth and work the stock in and out on the tube, this may fill in the deeper grooves with color and help make those scratches less noticeable....
Just a thought.

MsMelissa, I refrained from offering my opinion on whether you should keep it or not, but in the end I'm glad you did. Here's why ...... back in about 1980-1 I was planning a long awaited and planned trip to Wyoming to hunt Pronghorns with my dad. I had several rifles I could've taken, but was really in the mood and had a terrible hankering for a brand new Remington Mod 700 'Classic' in .270 Win. Well I had it ordered and was anticipating getting in time for the trip, but it was delayed for some reason (don't remember why).

Well, it was finally delivered to my front door a couple days before we were to leave and wouldn't you know, it had a small blemish in the wood right behind the trigger guard. Not real bad, but bad enough I almost decided to send it back and not be able to take my new rifle on the biggest hunt of my life till then. But I wanted so bad to take it with us, I swallowed hard and went to the range to sight it in. I couldn't even take it out of the case without feeling almost sick.

Ended up taking the new rifle on the best hunt trip of my life ...... first big trip with my dad, brand new rifle, and filled 2 buck tags and 4 does tags with my new rifle and the thought of that slight blemish faded over the ten days we were out there. To this day that's my very first choice of rifles when I reach into the safe to get one and hadn't even thought of the blemish in years until reading your post about yours.

Yeh, that little blemish is still there, but it doesn't bother me in the least today. I've had too many good times and better memories with that rifle to let it bother me anymore. From your reports of your range day with your new rifle, I'm betting it will be exactly the same for you. Enjoy it as it is and know that it'll never let you down just because it has a little blemish. If it's as good to you as that old 700 has been to me, it won't be long before you make your own blemishes on it here and there, and these today won't even be relative. :D(y)(y)(y)(y)
I've bought some "Blem" AR15 lowers from Palmetto State Armory (PSA), and on some, I can't even tell where the blemish is. The others are minor and the discount PSA offered was attractive enough for me to go with the "Blem" lowers.

I've bought some "Blem" AR15 lowers from Palmetto State Armory (PSA), and on some, I can't even tell where the blemish is. The others are minor and the discount PSA offered was attractive enough for me to go with the "Blem" lowers.
I've bought a few of their blem uppers, as well...$119 for a 16” nitride “blem“ with handguards? I’ll take two, thank you...one had a minor ding on the takedown lug, but not where it would interfere with function...the other had a discolored blotch in the finish underneath the ejection port, which would be covered by the open dust cover.

However...knowing you are getting a blem, and getting something which isn’t a blem with a blem are kinda different.

Dunno. I see this whole situation as buying a new car with a curb scuff mark on a tire...it doesn’t effect the function, and it’s something which is going to happen anyway...nothing to get excited about, or turn down the deal.

I've bought a few of their blem uppers, as well...$119 for a 16” nitride “blem“ with handguards? I’ll take two, thank you...one had a minor ding on the takedown lug, but not where it would interfere with function...the other had a discolored blotch in the finish underneath the ejection port, which would be covered by the open dust cover.

However...knowing you are getting a blem, and getting something which isn’t a blem with a blem are kinda different.

Dunno. I see this whole situation as buying a new car with a curb scuff mark on a tire...it doesn’t effect the function, and it’s something which is going to happen anyway...nothing to get excited about, or turn down the deal.
Agreed Hans, if I was buying a non blem and it came with a blemish, I'd be on the phone requesting the "Blem" price. My point was that sometimes I'm OK with a blemish if I know in advance it's coming that way (while saving some coin in the interim). ;)

Back