testtest

WW2 Gun Inplacement's

So I took some photos of the WW2 history around the area where I live out her on Cape Chiniak located on Kodiak Island. There are several old bunkers, some big 8" gun inplacement's and pill boxes just right down the road in both directions from my house. Even an old air strip and tarmac where they use to land store and take off WW2 aircraft! I live in a very small rural community. The historic area I live hasn't been turned into a park or tourist attraction, and I'm very thankful for that. Everything left out here by the Military 75+ years ago is pretty much still in tact as far as concrete and big guns with the exception of the gun's breech's witch were all packed with explosives by the Military and destroyed after the great war. I tried to attach the photos to this post but they were to large and I don't know how to make them smaller witch really bums me out because I know a lot of you guys would really enjoy seeing some of our country's historic monuments here in the great state of Alaska! At least I tried to attach them! Sorry guys☹️

So I took some photos of the WW2 history around the area where I live out her on Cape Chiniak located on Kodiak Island. There are several old bunkers, some big 8" gun inplacement's and pill boxes just right down the road in both directions from my house. Even an old air strip and tarmac where they use to land store and take off WW2 aircraft! I live in a very small rural community. The historic area I live hasn't been turned into a park or tourist attraction, and I'm very thankful for that. Everything left out here by the Military 75+ years ago is pretty much still in tact as far as concrete and big guns with the exception of the gun's breech's witch were all packed with explosives by the Military and destroyed after the great war. I tried to attach the photos to this post but they were to large and I don't know how to make them smaller witch really bums me out because I know a lot of you guys would really enjoy seeing some of our country's historic monuments here in the great state of Alaska! At least I tried to attach them! Sorry guys☹️
Go to Imgur.com and set up an account. It's free. Upload pictures there and then copy and paste the link in your posts here.

Like this.

This is my wife with my sweet little baby kitty she rescued a couple years ago.

eehi11P.jpg

My squaw (she told me to call her that years ago! She enjoys being called squaw! Weird! Her real name is Jody. She's an American indian. Alaskan Aleut to be exact.) and I took a walk out in the woods with our dogs last night. The cat thinks she's a dog so of course she followed. She's black and her name is Ruger. I call her Ruger the Couger. So halfway through our walk witch was about 500 yards from home. Ruger lights of after an ermine. We don't see her for the rest of the walk or a few hours after we get home The Squaw was just worried sick asking me to go look for her in the middle of the night in the Alaskan wilderness! I said "She'll be back!" We woke up this morning to Ruger the Couger in her bed and a dead ermine on the living room floor! 😂😂😂

My squaw (she told me to call her that years ago! She enjoys being called squaw! Weird! Her real name is Jody. She's an American indian. Alaskan Aleut to be exact.) and I took a walk out in the woods with our dogs last night. The cat thinks she's a dog so of course she followed. She's black and her name is Ruger. I call her Ruger the Couger. So halfway through our walk witch was about 500 yards from home. Ruger lights of after an ermine. We don't see her for the rest of the walk or a few hours after we get home The Squaw was just worried sick asking me to go look for her in the middle of the night in the Alaskan wilderness! I said "She'll be back!" We woke up this morning to Ruger the Couger in her bed and a dead ermine on the living room floor! 😂😂😂

I am part Cherokee and part Lakota. None of my relatives in Oklahoma mind being called Indians. They are proud of it.

I am part Cherokee and part Lakota. None of my relatives in Oklahoma mind being called Indians. They are proud of it.
Exactly! My Squaw is very proud and still calls me "White Man!" 😂😂😂 We have a very unique and peaceful relationship. She is the best woman I know and can survive in the wilderness on her own with the very best of'em!

Last edited:
T
Thanks for the info BassB I'll definitely look into it and do what I can.
It's easy peasy brother. Once you upload your photos you can go into your Images library, click on a photo and a drop down opens up with different links. You want BBCode ( message board and forums). Click it and your link is automatically copied. Come here and paste it into the post.

It's easy peasy brother. Once you upload your photos you can go into your Images library, click on a photo and a drop down opens up with different links. You want BBCode ( message board and forums). Click it and your link is automatically copied. Come here and paste it into the post.
Roger I'll probably have the squaw help me with it. It's funny
because she's old school in the woods as am I, but I'm computer illiterate and she's a computer wizz! 😂 At least compared to me anyway!

My grandmother on my dad's side is maybe a 1/4 Indian of I don't which? She had told me her dad was 1/2. She was born and raised in Kansas, so that might help me figure out which Indian she could be? Her love of paint horses makes me believe she could be along with her temper! She never took any of it out on me.
Awesome Brother! Maybe plains indaian? Sioux, Pawnee or Cheyenne perhaps?

Sounds like a neat place to explore.
We had Nike Defense Systems set up in the local “mountains” in north Jersey about 15 miles outside NYC during the 50’s (before my time). Nobody really knew about them. Not much left other than concrete slabs but still interesting to know they were there at one point.

My grandmother on my dad's side is maybe a 1/4 Indian of I don't which? She had told me her dad was 1/2. She was born and raised in Kansas, so that might help me figure out which Indian she could be? Her love of paint horses makes me believe she could be along with her temper! She never took any of it out on me.
Really hard to say. If her descendants were relocated to Kansas originally it may help you figure it out, but a lot of people wound up in surrounding areas after the great roundup was over. Off the reservation as they say. I have a good friend who is half Cheyenne who owns an oil and gas company in Attica, Ks.

Best bet is to check the Dawes Rolls.

We had Nike Defense Systems set up in the local “mountains” in north Jersey about 15 miles outside NYC during the 50’s (before my time). Nobody really knew about them. Not much left other than concrete slabs but still interesting to know they were there at one point.
Definitely cool place to check out. Nothing is fenced off or anything. A person can walk through and explore all the bunkers and pill boxes and such. We use to camp in them and play Rambo and Commando when we were kids years ago. With our old dead tree limbs for rifles and such. A lot of history up in those old bunkers as well as memories!

There was one near my High School and behind Bell Laboratories near the Watchung Reservation in NJ. I never went there after it was decommissioned and abandon, but a friend of mine visited and thought it was cool.

These are old five inch gun inplacement in a different neighbors yards just a few hundred yards down the road. As you can see. One has been protected with a concrete retaining wall after the state road was moved back from the ocean cliff due to erosion. These WW2 monuments are protected. Not even the property owner can remove them.

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_142416046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220415_142416046_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220415_142311514_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220415_142311514_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20220415_142152920.jpg
    IMG_20220415_142152920.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20220415_180742437_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220415_180742437_HDR.jpg