testtest

XD-E with Red Dot

iklwa

Master Class
Hello All,

I have been carrying the XD-S (45) in a Gunfighters Inc Kevlar Ronin for almost three years. During the first year, the XD-E was released...and I really wanted it!
Well, I have the room in my budget now but also want a good red dot on that firearm.
I am afraid that if I plop down the shekels, next week the XD-E will be offered with the red dot.
What are the odds the red dot option will be offered in 2021?

Thanks,
Iklwa

Hello All,

I have been carrying the XD-S (45) in a Gunfighters Inc Kevlar Ronin for almost three years. During the first year, the XD-E was released...and I really wanted it!
Well, I have the room in my budget now but also want a good red dot on that firearm.
I am afraid that if I plop down the shekels, next week the XD-E will be offered with the red dot.
What are the odds the red dot option will be offered in 2021?

Thanks,
Iklwa
That’s a hard one to answer. Springfield, like most mfgs, keeps new releases close to the vest. With the XDM Elites and new Hellcat RDP it seems like the next logical big deal would be an XDE upgrade. But that’s total speculation. The mods don’t get any advanced notice on developments.

That’s a hard one to answer. Springfield, like most mfgs, keeps new releases close to the vest. With the XDM Elites and new Hellcat RDP it seems like the next logical big deal would be an XDE upgrade. But that’s total speculation. The mods don’t get any advanced notice on developments.
Well, I guess I'll just have to hang onto those shekels for a while longer.
There is nothing "wrong" with my current EDC assembly aside from no red dot. It wears a Crimson Trace laser and that works well in low light situations.
The only real issue I have aside from the creepy/long trigger is that it also eats my fingers during practice (ambidextrous).
Wearing gloves is the obvious solution but it would be nice to use the handgun without them.
Thanks for your reply!

If you want to keep the shekles for a mod 2 XDE you might consider a Powder River Precision trigger pack. There’s plenty of YouTube videos on the installation or a smith could install it pretty cheap. It would definitely solve the long creep. If you do, just make sure you get the right version (original or Mod2 XDS).

Check out Langdon Tactical. They did a excellent job on my XDE. Smoothed out the trigger bobbed the hammer, new sights, Cerakoted the slide. Took a ok pistol up 3 levels.

Back