testtest

XD Look-a-like: The BRG9 Elite 9mm

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The BRG9 Elite is a not-so-subtle nod to the Springfield XD series of pistols but whereas the XD (aka the HS 2000) hails from the great country of Croatia.

The BRG9 Elite 9mm

1666633001791.png

Range Demo

I'm not going to say anything to the quality of Turkish pistols ( or shotguns for that matter), but it's kind of like how I would rather burn alive than drown. It's an irrational fear of drowning. I can swim like a fish. I live on a river. I was on a dive time from the time I was 7 until I was a teenager It's deep bodies of water that freak me out. Anyway, Turkish shotguns. Same irrational fear. I've handled a few, I was unimpressed. I know some folks have them and like them. Our pal Hans has a Turkinelli he favorably reviewed. And I trust his review more than anyone on You Tube. Bassbob will not be buying any Turkish guns in the foreseeable future. He also won't be saying any bad things about them since he doesn't own one and can't reliably review it.

I guess for the price I’d just get an XD.
I purchased one from Sportsman Outfitters a couple of weeks ago for $199, no shipping fee, but they charged $14 sales tax. My FFL was $27. I took it to the range yesterday and was very surprised as to how accurate it shot and felt in the hand. I ran a variety of different ammo through it with different grains (115, 124, 147) and only had two light strikes on some crap ammo (BPS) I bought during the Covid debacle. I'm quite pleased to be honest. It came in a nice case with anything you need to clean or maintain. For that kind of money and to use as a "range gun" you can't beat the deal.

I purchased one from Sportsman Outfitters a couple of weeks ago for $199, no shipping fee, but they charged $14 sales tax. My FFL was $27. I took it to the range yesterday and was very surprised as to how accurate it shot and felt in the hand. I ran a variety of different ammo through it with different grains (115, 124, 147) and only had two light strikes on some crap ammo (BPS) I bought during the Covid debacle. I'm quite pleased to be honest. It came in a nice case with anything you need to clean or maintain. For that kind of money and to use as a "range gun" you can't beat the deal.
That’s not a bad deal. Everything I’ve seen online was around $300 plus all the fees and taxes.

It does not say Kyber Pass on it at least, those are the ones I would worry about.

I have shot a number of Turkish firearms. Have yet to have one malfunction on me. Never seen one do so at the range either. So if I go simply by my experience and those I trust, like our Mr Hans, I would say why not. If they make something I am interested in at the time I would have to give them a look. Hey I am living on a fixed retirement income these days if it could save some serious bucks on something worth while why not.

Nice looking firearm. I've owned a couple of XDs(and will probably obtain one in the near future) and I'd rather spend the extra money for the original not a copy.
There was a time I was interested in Browning High Powers and though the originals were much more expensive than the clones, I was more accurate with the originals. I tried a couple of different clones and they just didn't feel the same.
I don't have anything against Turkish firearms. I owned a Tisas 1911 that wasn't bad. And I got it cheap.
Perhaps I'm an old man and prefer quality over quantity.

Back