testtest

XD-M Elite question

If I understand correctly, the OSP Elite models no longer come with mounting plates. I've heard that SA offers a free one of your choice, if that's true where can I find them?

Thanks to all who reply.
It’s true. Mine came with a card with a web address where I could choose which one I want sent to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
Friday I should receive the xd-m elite osp in fde. This will be my third SA, my other two, one is a xd Mod 2.0 two tone with threaded barrel in 9mm and the other is a Gov 1911 stainless in 45. I bought that one in 1995. I would post some photos but I'm always on this laptop and my photos are on the desktop.

Thanks to all who took time to answer my questions. I also have the Dragon Fly coming.

Friday I should receive the xd-m elite osp in fde. This will be my third SA, my other two, one is a xd Mod 2.0 two tone with threaded barrel in 9mm and the other is a Gov 1911 stainless in 45. I bought that one in 1995. I would post some photos but I'm always on this laptop and my photos are on the desktop.

Thanks to all who took time to answer my questions. I also have the Dragon Fly coming.
KD,
Is understandable. I keep pic's here in different places too. When you get to it and if want to, there's a separate listing for "Showing off your 1911" if you haven't found it already? Lot of nice ones on there!

Well to just be honest about it, you are one of the reasons I've decided to be a regular here. I'll look for the "Showing off your 1911" thread.

Hah, okay what did I do now? :)

Once get around to finding the 1911 thread, you may be surprised at how many nice lookers there are in many different brands and configurations too? - Is a very nice thread and collection.

Easiest way to get around sometimes is to look towards the top of page for "Home" toward left top side of page, scroll down to guns and you should see the thread and many others.

TLDR: Got my XDM Elite and love it.

Well, I have had my XDM Elite for one week. I've shot 100 rounds of my plated 124 gr X-Treme bullets loaded with 3.8 gr of Tite Group and 4.7 gr of Auto Comp (50 rounds with each). Function was perfect as expected. Cases ejected around 4' and all together. Sights were on at 25 yards, no need for adjustment. Accuracy was really good, only shot standing off hand. Trigger is also really good for a striker fired pistol. If I had to guess trigger pull weight would be in the 5 +/- .5 lb range.

I should be getting the optic mounting plate today. I went with the HEX Dragonfly red dot because I didn't have one and like to try different things. Plus I can keep it all Springfield. The Dragonfly reminds me of my Leupold DP Pro. The brightness adjustment only goes in one direction because it doesn't have an up/down button and the elevation and windage adjustment screws are large and click audible and tactile; tactile meaning you can feel the detent when turning.

The four pistols shown in the photo are the only ones I have out since I'm packing up for a move. I keep the Sig P225 in 9mm in my wife's Lexus in the center console and the P229 in 357 Sig in my truck's console. The other two are recently purchased. I much prefer a hammer fired DA/SA gun for use inside of a vehicle to prevent (or significantly reduce) the chance of an accidental discharge all the while keeping the pistol in the ready condition.

Didn't mean for this to be a book.

IMG_20211112_102129.jpg

TLDR: Got my XDM Elite and love it.

Well, I have had my XDM Elite for one week. I've shot 100 rounds of my plated 124 gr X-Treme bullets loaded with 3.8 gr of Tite Group and 4.7 gr of Auto Comp (50 rounds with each). Function was perfect as expected. Cases ejected around 4' and all together. Sights were on at 25 yards, no need for adjustment. Accuracy was really good, only shot standing off hand. Trigger is also really good for a striker fired pistol. If I had to guess trigger pull weight would be in the 5 +/- .5 lb range.

I should be getting the optic mounting plate today. I went with the HEX Dragonfly red dot because I didn't have one and like to try different things. Plus I can keep it all Springfield. The Dragonfly reminds me of my Leupold DP Pro. The brightness adjustment only goes in one direction because it doesn't have an up/down button and the elevation and windage adjustment screws are large and click audible and tactile; tactile meaning you can feel the detent when turning.

The four pistols shown in the photo are the only ones I have out since I'm packing up for a move. I keep the Sig P225 in 9mm in my wife's Lexus in the center console and the P229 in 357 Sig in my truck's console. The other two are recently purchased. I much prefer a hammer fired DA/SA gun for use inside of a vehicle to prevent (or significantly reduce) the chance of an accidental discharge all the while keeping the pistol in the ready condition.

Didn't mean for this to be a book.

View attachment 22051

Sounds good to me KD, I like keeping things with firearms in line too, good luck on the move.

Thanks Bob, been over a year now since first breaking ground.

This is the main room, where all the gold is stored :cool:. The door is a Brown Vault door and weights 2,100 lbs, 1.5" thick steel plate, 8" of concrete on all the walls with 3 walls and the ceiling that is surrounded by earth on the exterior. The room is 24'x12'.
IMG_20210930_191221.jpg
IMG_20210930_191024.jpg
IMG_20210930_191135.jpg

Thanks Bob, been over a year now since first breaking ground.

This is the main room, where all the gold is stored :cool:. The door is a Brown Vault door and weights 2,100 lbs, 1.5" thick steel plate, 8" of concrete on all the walls with 3 walls and the ceiling that is surrounded by earth on the exterior. The room is 24'x12'.View attachment 22068View attachment 22069View attachment 22070
Very nice KD,
Just hope some sort of safety/security prep or device was made in case of someone mistakenly getting caught inside and was likely was prepped for? Like older walk in freezers sometimes rarely had inside releases, could be a nightmare if wasn't prepped for. Am sure there is/was and there is good choices on how when custom building.

Yes, it does have a lever on the inside to prevent anyone from getting locked in. Not only that but you can lock yourself inside and disable the keypad so even if someone did know the code they still couldn't get in.

IMG_20210930_191059.jpg

Yes, it does have a lever on the inside to prevent anyone from getting locked in. Not only that but you can lock yourself inside and disable the keypad so even if someone did know the code they still couldn't get in.

View attachment 22071
Good deal, sounds well planned and as a possible saferoom as well.
Some of the best security is lacking in detail and that can be a good thing.

Back