testtest

XD-s Trigger

iklwa

Master Class
I carry the XD-S and the pistol is very accurate; however, the trigger shoe eats my trigger finger(s) under recoil when I shoot without gloves.

Can anyone suggest a replacement trigger shoe that won't chew me up when I'm trying to have a little fun?

Thanks,
I.

Different grip / different part of your finger? I've got a few thousand rounds through my XD-s 9mm EDC with no finger issues....

Might be you just need to callus a bit? I remember when I taught archery in the summers, the first week or two SUCKED until my calluses returned (I did not allow triggers on my range!). I work with some guitarists who also put a layer of super glue on their fingertips before/during long gigs, as a substitute callus.

Different grip / different part of your finger? I've got a few thousand rounds through my XD-s 9mm EDC with no finger issues....

Might be you just need to callus a bit? I remember when I taught archery in the summers, the first week or two SUCKED until my calluses returned (I did not allow triggers on my range!). I work with some guitarists who also put a layer of super glue on their fingertips before/during long gigs, as a substitute callus.

Oh, a tough guy, huh?

I wear gloves for all of my outdoor, around the house, and mechanic work.
The callus wouldn't stay even if I had one. My work gloves make my hands sweat and then there goes the callus.
I was actually looking at that trigger last night and the safety lever does not go flush with the trigger face. It provides a vertical edge running the bottom half of the trigger face.

Perhaps a little attention to that edge with my Super Duper Dremel Tool is in order...

PS I use full power, 230 grain LRN loads.

I have an XD-S Mod.2 and the trigger safety goes flush when engaged. That seems weird that it would protrude like that.

I used to own a Ruger American and the trigger safety would bang against the pad of my index while firing. It was annoying, but I got used to it. Maybe it was because Ruger used a all metal trigger assembly.

I was just looking around the web and Surprise! Surprise!
There is an entire pile of comments regarding the XD-S trigger bite!
So, I guess I'm not the only softy in the peanut gallery.
Today I am firing up the Dremel.

Not a tough-guy comment, just an attempt at constructive suggestion. Any time I pick up a new hobby/habit (rowing machine, cycling, new gun, whatever), the new pressure points need some time to get acclimated. That's all.

Not a tough-guy comment, just an attempt at constructive suggestion. Any time I pick up a new hobby/habit (rowing machine, cycling, new gun, whatever), the new pressure points need some time to get acclimated. That's all.
I was just trying to be humorous.
I know I have tender mitts.
Just giving you a little guff.
Have a great day!

Back