testtest

XDE 4.5 slide stop problem

Neb220

Alpha
Hello,
Just purchased a new XDE yesterday.
Before even firing i have found that it appears the mag slide stop catch is too small. This results in the mag popping up past the slide frequently and making the stop not function at all. This also stops the mag from properly ejecting when it happens.

Is this maybe a fluke? And a replacement part would be protrude more to actually work?

Attachments

• 3EFA270B-01F3-4534-B734-09E7C6A59E43.jpeg
    3EFA270B-01F3-4534-B734-09E7C6A59E43.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
  • A7C87DAF-E764-42D5-A16D-5C04B8DE7643.jpeg
    A7C87DAF-E764-42D5-A16D-5C04B8DE7643.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 269
  • F285909D-2541-4AED-9507-2EF0B7A946F0.jpeg
    F285909D-2541-4AED-9507-2EF0B7A946F0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 237
Hello,
Just purchased a new XDE yesterday.
Before even firing i have found that it appears the mag slide stop catch is too small. This results in the mag popping up past the slide frequently and making the stop not function at all. This also stops the mag from properly ejecting when it happens.

Is this maybe a fluke? And a replacement part would be protrude more to actually work?

I do not have an XDE to compare to, but many, many others here do and I’m sure they will. When you inserted the mag are you seeing it hit the slide stop? There should be a cutout in mag, front right made for the slide stop that it sets on once your mag is inserted. Once you insert you do insert it is it moving up any? The mag will ride higher than the frame, that’s not an issue. Once you insert a mag lift your slide stop and see where it’s “seated” on your mag.

I have the 3.3 slide. Don't know if these pics will help. The one problem I had with mine was the mag release button was sticking. I sent it back and they replaced the assembly. No issues with the slide. Let me know if you need more pics.

20200820_185130.jpg20200820_185154.jpg20200820_185311.jpg

I do not have an XDE to compare to, but many, many others here do and I’m sure they will. When you inserted the mag are you seeing it hit the slide stop? There should be a cutout in mag, front right made for the slide stop that it sets on once your mag is inserted. Once you insert you do insert it is it moving up any? The mag will ride higher than the frame, that’s not an issue. Once you insert a mag lift your slide stop and see where it’s “seated” on your mag.
Thank you for the reply!
When using the 9 round mag with the hand extension it only messes up about half the time. With the 8 round pinky rest it almost always pushes beyond the the slide stop point that is supposed to sit on the mag cutout you mention. I compared it to another XDE at a dealer and that one had no issues. I am wondering if maybe they machined to much off or it got bent somehow.

But mostly i want to make sure if they fix it its not a big problem with the XDEs?

I have the 3.3 slide. Don't know if these pics will help. The one problem I had with mine was the mag release button was sticking. I sent it back and they replaced the assembly. No issues with the slide. Let me know if you need more pics.

View attachment 9218View attachment 9219View attachment 9220
Thank you! The mag does stick on mine which i see as a result of that lever falling off the mag indent its supposed to stay ontop of. Hopefully me sending it to them will fix the issues.

From the time I called them to the time I had it back was less that 2 weeks. (That was pre pandemic of course) Haven't had a problem since and I really like it. With mine, after I registered it for warranty, they sent me a discount code for a one time purchase. Don't know if they still do that. I used mine for sure.

From the time I called them to the time I had it back was less that 2 weeks. (That was pre pandemic of course) Haven't had a problem since and I really like it. With mine, after I registered it for warranty, they sent me a discount code for a one time purchase. Don't know if they still do that. I used mine for sure.
Good to know, they told me 2-4 weeks. Pretty bummed i havent even got to run any rounds through it, but i think i will really like the gun when i can.

I have the XDe in .45 with the 3.3 bbl. Like Jmcd's and his pics, mine looks and functions properly. The mag release on mine, shoots the mags out forcefully. I'm sorry to hear about your issue, and like the others here, feel confident SA will correct the problem you're having. Good luck Neb220, and I hope they're able to turn around your fix faster then they quoted to you.

Just got the gun back from springfield. This gun holds the slide open fine, but if the slide is closed and the hammer de-cocked, the mag wont engage unless you really slam it in. And once you do it wont eject if slide is closed and hammer is decocked.

Also, im no gun smith, but this spring seems like it shouldnt be sticking out like this?

Attachments

• 371B14BF-A688-4622-B297-6FC2DE83052C.png
    371B14BF-A688-4622-B297-6FC2DE83052C.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
i think at this point i just want a refund. Crazy to have issues like this without even putting a round through it, and then problems after repairs were made.

I found many issues on other forums with similar problems of the XDE.

not problem with mag catch/release. theres not enough pressure from spring in mag pushing up on the follower. had xds with similar slide stop function issues. unload mags. then off with the bottom plate. give a little tug on spring to stretch it a bit. ...a bit! re-assemble. slide stop fully functional!

not problem with mag catch/release. theres not enough pressure from spring in mag pushing up on the follower. had xds with similar slide stop function issues. unload mags. then off with the bottom plate. give a little tug on spring to stretch it a bit. ...a bit! re-assemble. slide stop fully functional!

That was not the case with the original issue i posted above. As the photos show, the mag would extend above the stop since it was not machined properly.

Your spring issue also is not whats happening with the mag failing to engage. The silver metal trigger mechanism wont align with the mag if the slide is cloased and hammer decocked.

They received the gun back yesterday. No email or call from them. I know they got it from the fed ex signed receipt.

Found even more complaints online about issues with trigger/slide/magazines.

I just want to be rid of it at this point. I dont trust the gun, or springfield to fix it.

Back