testtest

XDm 5.25 40 cal S&W

Hello I’m new here
I have a question. I maybe posting in to wrong location. Please move or delete.

Did Springfield discontinue the XDm 5.25 40 cal S&W

Did Springfield stop including all the extras in the box.

Look like SA is paring down their lines a bit.

40 S&W is a bit on the decline. It's been the only handgun caliber that's always available during the various panics in my area.

My Fav LGS is getting rid of a lot of stuff that doesn't move during normal times, when folks have come in the last 3 months and taking just about anything. They're glad to get rid of the stuff they've been stuck with, and won;t restock if/when things reach a new normal.

Hello I’m new here
I have a question. I maybe posting in to wrong location. Please move or delete.

Did Springfield discontinue the XDm 5.25 40 cal S&W

Did Springfield stop including all the extras in the box.

So I cannot say for sure what SA has done, I will say the site looks like they are moving in the proper direction of offering 10mm and .45ACP in the XDm. If they did offer it in a .40 before, which I believe they did, they realize that the .40 is being phased out. The FBI stopped using them a few years ago. Honestly I wouldn't pay attention to what military and federal agencies carry anyway.

Right now the focus is primarily on 9mm. For those of us who own and prefer larger calibers we are either set in our ways and prefer the .45ACP, have explored the versatility of the 10mm and are sold, or have likely added both to the collection. Read up on the 10mm if you are looking for a larger caliber. I would not go with .40S&W.

More importantly try them all out.

What extras do you think should be in a SA case? Magazines? As far as I know they have run promotional offers like most but standard for out of box extras can include up to three magazines, speed loader, chamber flag, and a cool guy sticker. Any more and I would say it is promotional.

They used to come with XD gear when I bought my XDm in 9mm about 10 years ago, you got the hard case, holster, double mag holder, magazine loader.
I have seen that recently with a S&W M&P 9 2.0. It came with a challenge coin and small fixed blade as well as the double mag holster and gun holster. It was promotional. Honestly SA's price point is beyond fair not including all that stuff.

They used to come with XD gear when I bought my XDm in 9mm about 10 years ago, you got the hard case, holster, double mag holder, magazine loader.
When I bought my XDm 5.25 10mm, I got the case with those cut outs, but none of that gear. The sales guy was perplexed on why it had the cutouts but no gear. I told him that some one there probably took it to give to some previous customer that also didn’t Receive it. He said he’d check, but I told him not to bother since I never use that stuff anyways. I just throw that stuff in a 📦 and forget about it. In this case, less gear to clutter up the basement.

So I cannot say for sure what SA has done, I will say the site looks like they are moving in the proper direction of offering 10mm and .45ACP in the XDm. If they did offer it in a .40 before, which I believe they did, they realize that the .40 is being phased out. The FBI stopped using them a few years ago. Honestly I wouldn't pay attention to what military and federal agencies carry anyway.

Right now the focus is primarily on 9mm. For those of us who own and prefer larger calibers we are either set in our ways and prefer the .45ACP, have explored the versatility of the 10mm and are sold, or have likely added both to the collection. Read up on the 10mm if you are looking for a larger caliber. I would not go with .40S&W.

More importantly try them all out.

What extras do you think should be in a SA case? Magazines? As far as I know they have run promotional offers like most but standard for out of box extras can include up to three magazines, speed loader, chamber flag, and a cool guy sticker. Any more and I would say it is promotional.
When I bought my xdm40 5.25" 3 or4 years ago it did come with 3 mags, mag holster, holster, hard case, mag loader and the gun of coarse!

When I bought my XDm 5.25 10mm, I got the case with those cut outs, but none of that gear. The sales guy was perplexed on why it had the cutouts but no gear. I told him that some one there probably took it to give to some previous customer that also didn’t Receive it. He said he’d check, but I told him not to bother since I never use that stuff anyways. I just throw that stuff in a 📦 and forget about it. In this case, less gear to clutter up the basement.
Mine was empty also, but 2 months later the rest showed up in the mail, well most of it? 2 extra mags and a range bag.

IMG_20200330_211337089~2.jpg

I was glad to get my .40 XDm in the 5.25
And yes they stopped making the 5.25 in .40 Cal.

Back