testtest

XDM Elite Compact 10MM

RRL

Alpha
Cycled 100 rds. through my new XDM 10MM (Blazer 180 gr. FMJ FN). My first 10MM, can really feel the difference from my 9MM. Even with range ammo, it needs a firm grip and the front plastic stippling brings on some hurt approaching 100 rds.

I'm finding ammo at $29/50 rds. online. Anyone know what the ammo prices were before the ammo crisis began?

Cycled 100 rds. through my new XDM 10MM (Blazer 180 gr. FMJ FN). My first 10MM, can really feel the difference from my 9MM. Even with range ammo, it needs a firm grip and the front plastic stippling brings on some hurt approaching 100 rds.

I'm finding ammo at $29/50 rds. online. Anyone know what the ammo prices were before the ammo crisis began?
S&B and PPU 180gr was selling for $16.00 to $18.00 in my are before Covid.

I'm fortunate that I've always kept a decent stock of all the calibers I use on hand. I can still find 10mm range ammo at my LGS for around $22.00 a box of 50.

I've seen S&B and Magtech both for $27.99+tax locally twice in the last 18 months, sold out quickly. Right now on ammoseek it's hard to find for less than $.70/round after you add shipping in. $.58/round is not anywhere around me. When local's have it (usually never), usually $35/box of 50, after tax is $.75/round. Now that primers are back I'm a C-hair away from investing in reloading equipment. Sure would have preferred the new military sidearm to go 10mm...(for ammo pricing of course). $22/box was near pre-crisis pricing in WI.

I've seen S&B and Magtech both for $27.99+tax locally twice in the last 18 months, sold out quickly. Right now on ammoseek it's hard to find for less than $.70/round after you add shipping in. $.58/round is not anywhere around me. When local's have it (usually never), usually $35/box of 50, after tax is $.75/round. Now that primers are back I'm a C-hair away from investing in reloading equipment. Sure would have preferred the new military sidearm to go 10mm...(for ammo pricing of course). $22/box was near pre-crisis pricing in WI.
Most 10mm supplies you can still get? With that stated, primers being difficult finding lpp in stock.

One thing to be aware of is that some 10mm come with large pistol primers and others are small pistol primers. IIRC Hornady is small PP.
Locally I've been blessed with a great selection of 10mm ammo. Most are running $25 for 50rds. I will state my XD-m Elite LOVES the Browning X-point rounds. Those run $30 for 20-25 rds can't remember off hand, but it's what I carry day in and day out.

One thing to be aware of is that some 10mm come with large pistol primers and others are small pistol primers. IIRC Hornady is small PP.
Locally I've been blessed with a great selection of 10mm ammo. Most are running $25 for 50rds. I will state my XD-m Elite LOVES the Browning X-point rounds. Those run $30 for 20-25 rds can't remember off hand, but it's what I carry day in and day out.
Yes on the 2 primer sizes. I sure regret selling off all my past Dillion reloading equipment as I figured I was done with my "hobby". I find the 10MM is 2x the fun of a 9MM, but 2x the cost, so I really break even.

Attachments

• 20220512_192919.jpg
    20220512_192919.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
Most 10mm supplies you can still get? With that stated, primers being difficult finding lpp in stock.
Over the last month or 2, primers and powder have both come back and can be found regularly at most places I go. I never look for bullets or brass though...got plenty of brass... and bullets never left the shelves around me...keep in mind, I do not reload, but I'm preparing for it in case I do sometime soon.

Don't misunderstand, SRP's are the most common primer and can be found most any time...but if you check 10+ places a week like I do, you can usually find what you want. LPP's are still less common than SRP's, but I see them almost every week.

My usual brands I can't locate. Every now and then some foreign brand shows up. I have seen lpp, but it's been a while. srp and smrp in cci are more common as I received 2k of each being max on per order. I have several pistol primers, but would like too get some lrp and lmrp in either fed or cci. At 1 time I did see some fed AR srp. Fed, cci and now rem primers are owned by the same company (vista ??????). 1 company controlling supply is a bunch of _________(fill in the blank)!

My usual brands I can't locate. Every now and then some foreign brand shows up. I have seen lpp, but it's been a while. srp and smrp in cci are more common as I received 2k of each being max on per order. I have several pistol primers, but would like too get some lrp and lmrp in either fed or cci. At 1 time I did see some fed AR srp. Fed, cci and now rem primers are owned by the same company (vista ??????). 1 company controlling supply is a bunch of _________(fill in the blank)!
Tex, I readily admit that specific brands may not be available around me. I just know that NOTHING was available for a year, now I see stocks regularly....though those stocks may be what you describe as some foreign brand...

Back