testtest

XDM Elite Compact 19rnd mag baseplate removable?

XDM_CLO

Alpha
Hi guys, new to the forum in hopes of finding a simple answer that hasn’t been so simple to find by doing my own research unfortunately.

So, my question is can you remove the 19rnd extension baseplate on the xdm elite 3.8 9mm? The hole in the bottom of the baseplate is different to the ones on the standard 13/14rnd mag. (See pics)

- I am aware of the different back straps and fits (#1,2,3)

- I am aware of the need to remove the mag well + have the correct blackstrap installed for the 19rnd mags

I simply want to know if the xdm extension part can be removed or not. Not necessarily the bottom piece of the base plate. Only issue is that the hole is much different and difficult to remove. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fam.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4821.jpeg
    IMG_4821.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Hi guys, new to the forum in hopes of finding a simple answer that hasn’t been so simple to find by doing my own research unfortunately.

So, my question is can you remove the 19rnd extension baseplate on the xdm elite 3.8 9mm? The hole in the bottom of the baseplate is different to the ones on the standard 13/14rnd mag. (See pics)

- I am aware of the different back straps and fits (#1,2,3)

- I am aware of the need to remove the mag well + have the correct blackstrap installed for the 19rnd mags

I simply want to know if the xdm extension part can be removed or not. Not necessarily the bottom piece of the base plate. Only issue is that the hole is much different and difficult to remove. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fam.
Yes it is…..
I took them off mine on my Elite 3.8 10mm because I went with extended mags. It was so long ago I don’t remember exactly how however it does slide off, just be careful of the spring pressure as it will go flying.

Yes it is…..
I took them off mine on my Elite 3.8 10mm because I went with extended mags. It was so long ago I don’t remember exactly how however it does slide off, just be careful of the spring pressure as it will go flying.
I too, have a SA XDm Elite 3.8" 10mm.
It was a pain to remove the base plate.
I looked at video online and it was simple.
In my case, I muscled it off. They attached it good.

I then got SA 16rd (not the 15rd) mags and mag sleeves for them.

Yes it is…..
Thanks for the tip, I learned that about the spring through a couple of other videos where they changed baseplates. Appreciate your time Key, thank you.

usually on the mags i have had there is a tab on the bottom of the spring that extends thru a hoke on the bottom of the baseplate. You press up on this and it allows the base plate to slide forwards.
Appreciate your time, thanks! I actually discovered a hellcat video where the baseplate was pretty identical to the xdm elite 19 round extended mag hole. Yeah, seems a bit harder on the xdm bc of the tightly fit grip extension. It’s very snug fit to the mag. I may attempt it again but I gave up after a good 20 mins. I didn’t wanna ruin the spring by any chance. Thanks Sld 🫡

I then got SA 16rd (not the 15rd) mags and mag sleeves for them.l

I then got SA 16rd (not the 15rd) mags and mag sleeves for them.
Yeah I finally found a video for hellcats which had a nearly identical hole on the baseplate. Seems like you need to press the little bar of the spring down but the xdm elite grip part is deff attached firmly in there as you said. No luck yet but will attempt another time. Thanks for taking the time Lexie!

Yeah I finally found a video for hellcats which had a nearly identical hole on the baseplate. Seems like you need to press the little bar of the spring down but the xdm elite grip part is deff attached firmly in there as you said. No luck yet but will attempt another time. Thanks for taking the time Lexie!
While the video is informing, in my case following the video did not work.

Once I finally got the baseplate off, now it easily follows the video.

Back