testtest

XDM Elite

Marek71

Master Class
Question for you guys out there, why would someone choose to buy a compact for example the compact XDM elite with a full size grip instead of just going for the full size gun 4.5 in barrel? I really like the XDM elite compact but the problem is with the smaller grip my pinky hangs in that weird spot on the magwell. Getting the same gun with a full size grip because of the grip size I think will take that out of play for any concealed carry. Just wondering what others thoughts are on this.

20220923_150557.jpg
20220928_122131.jpg

Is that extended mag shorter than the full size grip? I think I need to just rent one and give it a try maybe that pinky on the mag will won't be that big of a deal when I'm actually shooting it maybe it just seems more of a big deal when I'm thinking about it when I hold the gun.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to try them out first that way I'll know for sure how comfortable the compact is shooting maybe the magwell pinky things not such a big deal after all and it's nice that you can always put that extended mag on there and have a bigger grip for when you want it.

The full size is more comfortable to shoot, but it is too big for concealment carry. which the compact in 9mm may be smaller. mine is a 10mm and my finger does hang off the bottom of the grip. on cheap ammo it's not too bad but full power loads it makes you appreciate the full size grip.

I have 2 XDM Elite handguns, 10mm and 45ACP both are the compact models and at the 3.8 barrel length being just .7 of an inch shorter then the 4.5 I consider them full size guns, my hands are larger than normal so I use the extended mags in both for a positive grip, I also have a XD Mod2 40 caliber grip zone model that I’ve been using the extended mags in for years.
I won’t bother with pictures as
@Belt Fed covered that.
Final thought for me is even with the extended mags concealment has never been an issue and I’m not a large bodied person.

I picked this Springfield Armory XDm Elite 10mm 3.8" compact yesterday at gunshow.

I also ordered some 16rd mags and mag sleeves and optic plate. The flared MagWell will be gone soon.

Later I will get Holosum HE507C-GR X2 green dot Circle/dot

Attachments

• S A XDm Elite 10mm Compact 01.jpg
    S A XDm Elite 10mm Compact 01.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
Remove the flared magwell and keep the short mag, it will give you the pinky room you are seeking. I had the same issue until I removed the flared magwell.
This ^^^^ one of the mags has a bit of an extension on the short mags. It works just the same as the Pearce mag bottom you buy after market.
Of course Pearce also has new bottom pinky extension just for the 10/45 XD-m Elite series.

I tried to remove the flared magwell.

I punched out the pin.
Tried to slide the backstrap and flared magwell downward as per manual but I cannot remove it.

Any ideas or videos?

There is a vertical pin that has to come out before you can remove the flared magwell, then you punch the horizontal pin out to get the backstrap removed.
Thanks, I also watched two videos. LOL it was not easy for them to remove the flared megwell so I knew I have to muscle it off and I got it removed. What a Pain. Now my pinky fits, just fine.
Now much better.

Attachments

• 1679258596404.jpeg
    1679258596404.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 65
  • S A XDm Elite 10mm CompactA.jpg
    S A XDm Elite 10mm CompactA.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back