testtest

Xds Mod 2 9mm OSP

I just purchased an xds mod 2 from palmetto state that is optic ready. I cant find any info on what kind of optic would fit (although I imagine any micro red dot would fit. Swapfox Sentinal, Sig Romeo, Halosun ect...) but does it need any kind of adapter plate or does it come with something? I didnt even know they made an xds that was optic ready.

That makes two of us. It wasnt an option when I purchased mine.

That makes two of us. It wasnt an option when I purchased mine.
Yeah which I like that it is optic ready. I actually just bought a canik tp9 sc for that reason and then seen that one on sale so I bought it too. Apparently the xds osp is a new product. I guess they don't push it because the price point is alot below the hellcat. I was told by springfield customer service though that its a micro reflex platform and that the shield rmsc will fit so that tells me that all the other micro reflex red dots should fit just fine.

This pistol is also being sold with the Crimson Trace CT-1500 for $100-$120 more than the naked OSP. I cannot find any information on the CT-1500 alone. The only other place I have found it is packaged with SCCY compact pistols.

Springfield is super weird for selling this pistol before they even released any press or customer support. I am going to pick mine up (w/CT-1500) this Wednesday!

See here:

It is set up for a Shield RMS footprint.

I just purchased an xds mod 2 from palmetto state that is optic ready. I cant find any info on what kind of optic would fit

I just got mine with the CT-1500 from Crimson Trace. Here are the dimensions of the CT-1500. Presumably anything with a similar footprint (with or without the bulge on the left) would fit.

CT-1500.jpg

The circles in the corners are recesses that fit over mounting posts on the slide. And the circles in the middle (7.5mm from left recess) are the mounting screw holes.

I got mine over the weekend. So far, so good. Only one problem. The manual says to remove the cover plate on the slide with a Torx Driver so I can then attach the CT. I don't currently own one so before I go out and buy the wrong kind, does anyone know the size needed? Thanks1

Damn you all...I was almost going to buy one the other day...almost hit add now thank you to this post. However, what little willpower I have I decided NOT to buy.

That said, I think I found a fair covid price at NW armory. See below, and maybe someone will buy instead of me. :)

“Only” 489. They also have the naked version for 379. Please buy them out so I dont do it...

If it's any consolation, this combo is Les than perfect.

The plastic body of the CT-1500 has some flex to it. Because the mounting screws are so far back, aggressive use of the dot, like belt racking the slide, can cause your zero to lift a bit. If you owe the front back down with your palm, it goes back into place. I have yet to decide just how upset I am about this.

You make get different results with the Shield RMS, but that's a pricy upgrade. Does anyone have experience belt racking that optic?

My previous experience is with a Holoson 507C. And that thing is rock solid on my milled XD.

@RonBow appreciate that. Well appreciate the information, sorry it does not seem to be working positively for you.

I have a Romeo zero on my hellcat that i have been putting on and off. The polymer is just ok, but I have not compared to a holosun or any other metal red dot though. I think if I belt racked my RZ it would bend as well. I saw some videos where someone was racking with a holosun against a post...I dont think the RZ would handle that.

So what you are saying is I should get the naked Mod 2..lol. Just kidding. Kinda

I got mine over the weekend. So far, so good. Only one problem. The manual says to remove the cover plate on the slide with a Torx Driver so I can then attach the CT. I don't currently own one so before I go out and buy the wrong kind, does anyone know the size needed? Thanks1
I would call the Springfield Customer Service 800 number. I'm guessing it would be a Torx #10 as that's the one on my Hellcat OSP but call to be sure. A good Torx driver isn't terribly expensive.

I just picked up my XD-S MOD.2 9mm OSP w/Crimson Trace CTS-1500 Red Dot sights, but unfortunately they didn’t include the torx bit needed to remove the plastic cover on slide, so and I’m having the same trouble finding the correct size bit. My T10 bit was too small but it’s also worn so I’m going to buy a new one and give it another try :(

I just picked up my XD-S MOD.2 9mm OSP w/Crimson Trace CTS-1500 Red Dot sights, but unfortunately they didn’t include the torx bit needed to remove the plastic cover on slide, so and I’m having the same trouble finding the correct size bit. My T10 bit was too small but it’s also worn so I’m going to buy a new one and give it another try :(
Update: Turns out a T10 bit is the correct size needed to install the CTS-1500 sights...a new unworn bit was a good investment lol.

I know this thread is old... But I've had my xds mod2 OSP with the infamous POS CT 1500, it's trash. Has anyone mounted anything different yet? I'm ready to buy a quality optic and hopefully someone by now has put something on other than the CT

It takes a T-10.

I bought one with the CT included. The mount is not a Pickatinny(sp?) rail. The CT base fits the pre-drilled and tapped slide.

I bought one with the CT included. The mount is not a Pickatinny(sp?) rail. The CT base fits the pre-drilled and tapped slide.
Same here, mine was already mounted. All I did was pull it off and used thread locker. I do not like co-witness and I'm looking for a quality optic that's 1/3 and fits. Ive read the shield optics fit, but I don't want co-witness

Back