testtest

XDS mod 2 grip 4.0 10mm RDP with red dot.

My favorite handgun from Springfield is a xds 45 4.0. I love the gun so much I have two. It’s deadly accurate, super concealable. I always found the trigger to be very decent. 100 yards is not an issue for this gun. We see a surge in 10mm but in my mind not where it should be. What made the 45 4.0 so shootable. I think it was the extra mass of the front of slide due to the shorter recoil spring. It tames it enough for 45 super. If we could have the exact same for a 10mm this I think would make it a very shootable sidearm. I am thinking a 4.8” barrel with the RDP brake and the wasp red dot. Make the grip the same length as a 6 round 45. Height would be about 4.8” without red dot included. This puts a 10mm in the size of the sig 365 xl but with a longer barrel and slide. Not to big but not to small. But upgrade to the grip ergonomics of the new XDS frame. More comfortable and more grip. I was going to attempt to photoshop the gun together but just haven’t had the time. I think this would be a great seller and already know a few that would definitely buy it. What is everyone’s thoughts.

Yeah not a fan of the Xdm 10mm 3.8. They missed the mark with that one.
I have to disagree, would I have bought the Elite XDM 10mm with the 4.5 inch barrel? Yes I would have but I ended up with the 3.8 inch and it’s a fantastic shooter. Recoil is nothing like I thought it would be and with the Holosun 507C X2 installed it’s fun to shoot.
Not a miss at all for Springfield.

I have to disagree, would I have bought the Elite XDM 10mm with the 4.5 inch barrel? Yes I would have but I ended up with the 3.8 inch and it’s a fantastic shooter. Recoil is nothing like I thought it would be and with the Holosun 507C X2 installed it’s fun to shoot.
Not a miss at all for Springfield.
My point by it being a miss was the 4.5 was a good size. However with the market going to micro sizes. A xds 10mm would have been a better seller. The 3.8 is just a chunky gun. Not saying it’s terrible. But pointless in its size when the market has gone slim.

My point by it being a miss was the 4.5 was a good size. However with the market going to micro sizes. A xds 10mm would have been a better seller. The 3.8 is just a chunky gun. Not saying it’s terrible. But pointless in its size when the market has gone slim.
No, it wouldn’t.

There’s a reason the G29/XDm 3.8 are about as small of a 10mm you can buy…and that is, unless you’re firing watered down .40 level loads, that thin, short grip is going to make it unpleasant and difficult to control.

In short, they wouldn’t sell enough to justify production costs.

Last edited:
No, it wouldn’t.

There’s a reason the G29/XDm 3.8 are about as small of a 10mm you can buy…and that is, unless you’re firing watered down .40 level loads, that thin, short grip is going to make it unpleasant and difficult to control.

In short, they wouldn’t sell enough to justify production costs.
That is not true. The 45 Xds can shoot 45 supers. The xds is a very strong platform. Also you did not read it in it’s entirety. I said a full grip.

That is not true. The 45 Xds can shoot 45 supers. The xds is a very strong platform.
Show me exactly where I said it wasn’t strong enough. I’ll wait.

In either case, just get a .45 and run supers. It’s a superior round to 10mm, across the board.

Have you fired super through an XDS?

Show me exactly where I said it wasn’t strong enough. I’ll wait.

In either case, just get a .45 and run supers. It’s a superior round to 10mm, across the board.

Have you fired super through an XDS?
I have two 4.0s one I use for supers and another just reg ACP. A 4.0 10mm RDP with a 4.8” barrel and a full grip to me is the ultimate 10mm. The reason I love the xds 4.0 is it ticks the box of 1911. Not as good as trigger but a great performer. I love slim guns and I know several that would get it. Plus right now the only one on the market that I would be interested in is the mp 10 or a 6” 1911. The 4.0 45 was a fantastic seller. Enough Springfield did another small run last year. I honestly have never been a fan of the XDms don’t like the grip texture. Hated the resets in the triggers and the excessive long grip in the full size. I think the mod 2 was a better looking gun and much better ergonomics.

Back