testtest

XDS Mod 2

Iceman

Alpha
I had a chance to check out an XDS Mod2 9mm, (the owner's gun), at my local gun shop the other day. I really liked the feel of that gun. I am leaning more towards the XDS now instead of the Hellcat. As with many cc pistols now, they are very hard to find. Any members here have an XDS?

I have the XDS Mod2 3.3 in 9mm. I was able to get one that has the optional tritium front sight and blacked out rear.
We can't purchase the Hellcat here (yet) so I have no experience with it. I do have a Sig 365. The XDS (for me anyway) is one of my more comfortable guns to carry (especially in the summertime) becasue of how thin it is with the single stack. I purchased 8 round magazines to better fit my hand and that is how I carry it. By comparison, my Shield 9mm M2.0 is similar in size, but I find the grip texture too aggressive against bare skin (summertime). My XDS has been very accurate and reliable. Good luck with your decision.

I have the XDS Mod2 3.3 in 9mm. I was able to get one that has the optional tritium front sight and blacked out rear.
We can't purchase the Hellcat here (yet) so I have no experience with it. I do have a Sig 365. The XDS (for me anyway) is one of my more comfortable guns to carry (especially in the summertime) becasue of how thin it is with the single stack. I purchased 8 round magazines to better fit my hand and that is how I carry it. By comparison, my Shield 9mm M2.0 is similar in size, but I find the grip texture too aggressive against bare skin (summertime). My XDS has been very accurate and reliable. Good luck with your decision.
I echo these comments as well. I liked the shooting experience of the XD-S Mod.2 over the P365.

The XDS Mod.2 is one of my ideal carry guns. I have large hands, and the XDS Mod.2 with the 8-round magazine fits my hand perfectly. I really wish SA would ship the guns with the 8-round mag, instead of the 9-round mag that makes the gun difficult to conceal. I own the Hellcat as well, and the long, flat grip of the XDS makes it easier for me to conceal because it lays flat against my body. The Hellcat is a fine gun, but I prefer to shoot and carry the XDS.

I love my XDS with the tritium front sight, but the models with the crimson trace red dot are starting to show up on a lot of sights for $499. If you like optics, I'd consider checking out that model.

The XDS Mod2 is a great gun, but I switched to an XDM 3.8 Compact. It was a conscious choice to have a little extra weight for more capacity and the extra .5” of barrel. I carry the XDM and Hellcat as my EDCs now. The Hellcat is a bit small for my hands but a Hogue grip has helped that a little and I shoot well with it. They’re all solid guns, it’s more about what’s comfortable to shoot for you and your capacity tolerance.

I have the XDS Mod 2 3.3" chambered in .45 ACP. I have small to medium size hands and find that this little pistol works very well for me. The recoil is very manageable; the action is very reliable and the accuracy is amazing. I don't think you could go wrong with this model whether it be in .45 or 9mm. Springfield really hit it out of the park with this one.

Back