testtest

Xds vs xde

Dadavis93

Operator
so I've really been looking at upgrading my edc currently carrying my lc9s im looking really hard at a springfield armory and I wanted some opinions on this before I decided im looking at either an xds in 45 or the compact xde ive had alot of trouble finding an xde in my area to look at has anyone got an opinion of which they prefer.

For what it is worth I saw grab a gun.com has XDS in stock for a moderate price, and then saw a fair deal on another site for the XDe

Seems like a production of hellcats went out recently too as I am seeing them in stock online.

Obviously not like supporting your LGS but if they dont have them...

Had both, XDs in .45 and XDe in 9mm, I found the trigger reach on the XDe in DA, too far for me and was ending carrying it C&L, both were reliable with no issues, I will eventually get an XDs model 2 some day.

The XDs is much smaller, actually the XDe is big by todays standards and on the heavy side understandable for a DA/SA weapon, the bore axis is high, but surprisingly is a smooth shooter, but I don't have many 9mm firearms to compare to though.

Love my 1st gen XDs 9mm. Compact, light, invisible under even a tee shirt and light cargo shorts (IWB holster). I wear it every waking moment, even when mountain biking, and never know its there. Good trigger, decent feel, I like the grip safety as opposed to a thumb safety, I upgraded my sights to TruGlo's and have a Viridian instant-on laser as well.

Use-wise...well, I haven't practiced in over a month due to ammo shortages. Finally got mad at myself last weekend for not practicing, and dumped a mag just to see how bad I'd gotten after this much time. 10 yards, 8 rounds into an 8" plate target, group was about 4" across. It's a better shot than I am ;)

The trigger reach in DA for the XDe is a little long, but okay for me. The biggest decision is between striker fired and hammer fired. I prefer hammer fired for appendix carry but that is just me. And, after the first round, the trigger is really nice on the XDe.

I have an XDS Mod 2 and the XDE in 9mm. Both are great guns. The only negative I have with the XDE is the DA trigger pull. As others have mentioned, it's very long. Depending on how you carry it though, you have the option to eliminate that problem. I have been carrying the XDS for most of the summer. I guess it comes down to what you prefer, hammer or striker.

I have the XDS Mod.2 in both 45 acp and 9 mm. They are both great guns. I know that some people consider them over-sized for their capacity, but I find their slimness very easy to conceal, and the grip design accommodates my large hands better than some of the sub-compact wonder 9's. I don't have any experience with the XDE line, but both Academy and Cabela's/Bass Pro in my area have the XDS Mod.2 45's in stock. I've noticed that the Academy stores in my area will usually have an XDE or two in stock as well. They are actually some of the very few semi-auto's left in the cases.

I have both the XDs and XDe .45 3.3" bbl versions. Both fit my hands fine. I was also lucky to get the SA "Gear Up" promotion for both (plus the XD.Mod 2 .45 3.3" bbl pistol), so my luck's been pretty good along those lines. ;)

Back