testtest

YOU MUST BE KIDDING !!

This past Monday my brother in law and I took the trip to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. I wanted to look, touch, handle and if happy, purchase a H & K 45C V1. A few feet away from us were two (gentlemen) with a revolver on the counter and a gun sales employee explaining to both of them (one not speaking any English and his buddy speaking a foreign language counseling him on what the form was and explaining in a foreign language how to fill the form out). This went on for several minutes until I interrupted the sales guy asking what was going on here. I told him that the buyer is committing a felony if he can not complete the application himself. (it was apparent to me that the purchaser could not read or write english) and as a gun sales employee he should know better!! I was so #issed off that we left the store. Several things came to my mind on the way home. What was the sales guy thinking? These (gentlemen) were so out of place that a blind old lady could see right thru them. (Sorry about the old lady comment) I almost turned around to go back to the store and speak to the store mgr. but I thought that this guy will never pass a NICS check.
It frost's my chestnuts that law abiding gun owners have to jump thru hoops each and everyday to protect themselves from thugs like this.

This past Monday my brother in law and I took the trip to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. I wanted to look, touch, handle and if happy, purchase a H & K 45C V1. A few feet away from us were two (gentlemen) with a revolver on the counter and a gun sales employee explaining to both of them (one not speaking any English and his buddy speaking a foreign language counseling him on what the form was and explaining in a foreign language how to fill the form out). This went on for several minutes until I interrupted the sales guy asking what was going on here. I told him that the buyer is committing a felony if he can not complete the application himself. (it was apparent to me that the purchaser could not read or write english) and as a gun sales employee he should know better!! I was so #issed off that we left the store. Several things came to my mind on the way home. What was the sales guy thinking? These (gentlemen) were so out of place that a blind old lady could see right thru them. (Sorry about the old lady comment) I almost turned around to go back to the store and speak to the store mgr. but I thought that this guy will never pass a NICS check.
It frost's my chestnuts that law abiding gun owners have to jump thru hoops each and everyday to protect themselves from thugs like this.
Just...wow. That's sad...sounds like Cabela's just wanted the sale. Hopefully you were right and the NICS check tanks.I can smell the stink from here.

I know of one case where a FFl dealers was several hundred guns off on an ATF IOI audit (like almost a 1,000) they gave him a couple weeks to get it straight. On the return audit he accounted for like 600 of them here’s the kicker. The majority of the 600 the 4473 went to the same guy that happened to be blind.

There is nothing that says a blind guy can’t purchase a gun however that many in less than 2 weeks yeah nothing fishy.

Ended up (shocker) the dealer was selling out the back to prohibited persons

As far as the Cabellas large chains have always had issues from poorly trained inept or lazy staff and they usually have a larger inventory with a lot of movement

Unfortunately, I have witnessed individuals who either could not, or chose not to, speak English shopping for firearms in a Cabela's as well.

Your experience gives me pause and leads me to the following questions:
1) Do these people specifically choose this retailer because there seems to be ignorance of the law among their employees?
2) Are these employees specifically instructed to ignore the fact that the potential buyer can't speak/read English for fear of being labeled "racist" or some other form of claptrap?
3) Would the ATF even give a rip if prohibited people from "protected classes" violate the law to obtain a firearm?

My mother was an ER hospital nurse for 40 yrs. Semi retirement gig part time was a ER clinic that also did drug screens for employment.
Any non English speaking person that tried to declare they disnt understand her directions for pee in the cup or if you dont, I throw the form in the trash can and you leave. No employment. Amazing how all of a sudden they all knew and understood English.

A northern Illinois judge declared that an illegal immigrant has the right to a firearm. No questions asked, no Illinois FOID card, because of the 2nd Admendment he can have a firearm. However if you're an Illinois citizen you're going to have to blow the governor to have one.

My mother was an ER hospital nurse for 40 yrs. Semi retirement gig part time was a ER clinic that also did drug screens for employment.
Any non English speaking person that tried to declare they disnt understand her directions for pee in the cup or if you dont, I throw the form in the trash can and you leave. No employment. Amazing how all of a sudden they all knew and understood English.
short them a penny and see how fast they speak English as well.

A northern Illinois judge declared that an illegal immigrant has the right to a firearm. No questions asked, no Illinois FOID card, because of the 2nd Admendment he can have a firearm. However if you're an Illinois citizen you're going to have to blow the governor to have one.
Sort of the same with voting….oh wait citizens don’t need ID anymore for that either. Maybe 2A stuff will come around to mirror that soon!!!!!

frankly..??

a call to the ATF, let them send in someone undercover a few times, especially if they do surveillance outside.

Since when is speaking English a requirement to be a US citizen or own a gun ? I mean it may be, but I’ve never heard that.

That said, I’ve watched Cabelas sell used 9MMs ( 5 of them) to someone who was pretty obviously to me not buying them all for himself. In fact every time you go into the store in Hazelwood, Mo. you will see guys just like him eying up the used gun rack and making their way through the lines.

I was at a Dunham's just this past Saturday. Same type of scenario, but, the salesman refused the sale. They were using some type of translator app on a phone. The salesman kept telling the customers (well one was the intended buyer and one was a friend or maybe his son?) that he had to come back with an interpreter AND two witnesses in addition to the interpreter. This was in PA

frankly..??

a call to the ATF, let them send in someone undercover a few times, especially if they do surveillance outside.
So you’re here for telling???? Sorry couldn’t resist.

Seriously though I doubt a report from one person is enough to make them jump. What was described in the original post happens A LOT. I have been at the Indy 1500 and over heard some Hispanic makes blatantly ask how much more for no paperwork. That’s the bigger issue. In the original case while there was a perceived language barrier nobody asked to not do paperwork it was presumed they couldn’t and while the presumption was probably right what stands to get a PC affidavit secured and what one presumes is not a qualifying factor very few judges will sign it.

And ATF agents have to get their ASAC or above to approve anything to move forward.

Somehow in this state that judge must be making money from this.
There was hardly ever a governor of Illinois or some politician that didn't shake someone down for extra cash.
Gov.George Ryan sold CDL's to anyone until a family was killed by a truck driver.
Almost every aldermen in the Chicago has had charges of bribery brought against them.
Madigan got caught shaking down COM-ED and is awaiting his trial and the list goes on.
If a person can make illegal money on a side hustle it can happen here.

Back