testtest

Your advice needed - holster

Stingray

Alpha
After searching for a two months I was able to order my first handgun and it will arrive in two days.

Now I am searching for a holster (OTB) Clip On style that is designed for a Springfield Armory XDE 9459B - 9mm with a 4.5" barrel >>

If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it >>

I checked my usual favorites, but it seems like not too many companies offer paddle holsters specifically for XDE models with 4.5" barrels. Alien Gear offers a "Cloak Mod" OWB holster that might be what you're looking for. I've never owned any Alien Gear holsters, but they get great reviews and a lot of shooters seem to like them. The link to the holster on Alien Gear's website is below. The price seems reasonable, but you may be able to find it cheaper from other retailers.

There doesn't seem to be too many people making clip on style OWB holsters. Alien Gear doesn't, Crossbreed doesn't. My favorite OWB holster is the Muddy River Tactical paddle holster, but it isn't a clip on style.

I'll second (third?) the Alien Gear stuff. I have 2 of their IWB units, both bought for my XD-s, but I made a new kydex shell for one base to hold my Hellcat with O-light Baldr-mini attachment.

Been wearing them for years, good clips, no breakage, no failures. Nice and durable, and comfortable.

Yeah, while I have some paddle holsters, I would never use them for EDC, as they just are not secure enough in many cases, and do not pull the firearm in close enough to the body for concealment.

I think it is telling that even Springfield's own store does not offer any type of OWB holster for the XDE. It is apparently assumed you will be wearing the XDE IWB. I've got Springfield's paddle holster for my XDM's, but would never use it for concealment - maybe for USPSA shooting, but more likely to use my Crossbreed Snapslide for that.

Be sure when you receive your new XDE, to go online and register with Springfield. They will give you a ONE TIME offer to buy all the accessories you want for half price. That is how I got most of the magazines and such for my XDM's.

One POSSIBLE option is this holster from Desantis:

While they only let you select the XDE in 3.3", if the holster is not closed, and it does not appear to be, then it will work with the 4" barrel. I use the same holsters for my XDM 3.8" and 5.25" - the 5.25" just hangs out a lot more on the bottom. This holster appears to clip over the belt, rather than require you to thread your belt through it. I like the Desantis holsters I've had.

Last edited:
Back