testtest

Your favorite weather app for storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
What is your favorite weather app you use for severe storms season?

I use Radar Scope, it has real time radar returns. It cost 9.99 to get it, and if you want more advanced features you can can subscribe for a year of lightening, storm tracks and split screen to see rotation in a storm, this costs 9.99 a year for these. This app is just radar only. In Ohio where I live, this has served its purpose more then once.

The second one I use is My Radar Pro, it cost 3.99, but there is a free version available also. This one has forecasts. Just an FYI for you.

On my phone I have 1Weather which is ok I guess.... disadvantage is the small screen.
RAM truck has UConnect that displays radar on the bigger screen.
Retired, 18" computer screen is great so I use the Weather.com most often
When a big, gruesome storm is brewing, nothing scares the wife more than to
put all the Red and Orange up on the Big Screen!!

On my phone I have 1Weather which is ok I guess.... disadvantage is the small screen.
RAM truck has UConnect that displays radar on the bigger screen.
Retired, 18" computer screen is great so I use the Weather.com most often
When a big, gruesome storm is brewing, nothing scares the wife more than to
put all the Red and Orange up on the Big Screen!!

I also use weather.com on my computer. My phone is used to talk , text , take pictures , and sometimes a video.

For my iPhone and iPad, Apps: Accuweather; The Weather Channel; Weather Bug; Local news Weather app, Personal home weather station; WeatherLink (local personal weather stations around my area). All the apps I use are free, if I were to pay for one, it would probably be Dark Sky as I've heard good reviews of that app.

Computer(s): 2 personal weather stations that download data to computer and can do forecasting (no radar, but I can get that from above DotComs); Weather Underground (personal weather stations (like mine), that upload data from their stations to the internet.

I have tried accuweather, but when they got caught getting and selling your location and then denied it, I was through with them, weather channel app is a good one, my reason for using and paying for radar scope is the radar is real time, maybe 1-2 lag time, all the others are at least 5-8 minute old scans when you get them. I can get that on tv. To me, it was worth paying the one time fee to purchase radar scope. I do pay the extra 9.99 a year for storm tracks, lightening data, split screen for velocity plus a few other features.

I have tried accuweather, but when they got caught getting and selling your location and then denied it, I was through with them, weather channel app is a good one, my reason for using and paying for radar scope is the radar is real time, maybe 1-2 lag time, all the others are at least 5-8 minute old scans when you get them. I can get that on tv. To me, it was worth paying the one time fee to purchase radar scope. I do pay the extra 9.99 a year for storm tracks, lightening data, split screen for velocity plus a few other features.
Hmmmm.....I've been using Weather.com on the puter' and past scan takes me from the last hour through the last minute. Doesn't cost cent to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back