testtest

Your first Springfield......

I bought my first Springfield in 2016.
I decided to get a plastic fantastic and bought a MOD-2 9mm compact and it worked so well in 2018 I bought a MOD-2 9mm Tactical, then since I never had one I bought a Range Officer Operator.

IMG_0304.jpg

Last edited:
My first Springfield was a 1911 GI .45 OD green, also made in Brazil. The finish was not done very well. Shot good, but I traded it in for a Kimber Custom after I got hammer bite a few times.

Last edited:
3.3" XDS in .45 about 4 years ago.

Was planning in going with a Shield, but there was no .45 option at the time.

It's been 100% reliable, easy to carry and I shoot it well, can't ask for much more than that.

Of course that led to me adding a suppressor ready XDM, a 3.8" Mod. 2 sub compact and a Mil-Spec 1911 to the collection. Again all have functioned 100% and they shoot well. At this time I'm not planning on switching platforms.

An M1A as my college graduation gift from my father, about 25 years ago. I had wanted one all through my teenage years (got an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine those years). I was floored, loved it, and still have it (along with two others!).

I went to Cabela's with a list of 3 firearms wanted. One was a Century Arms AK47, and I honestly forget what the other 2 were, but I believe one was a revolver. I had to select a number (like at a supermarket deli), and you better not go to far, as they only call your number out a few times before going to the next number. After standing there for 30+ minutes, I get called and go through the list, and the sales guy says nope to each one. He did call other stores to see if they had one that could be shipped there, but again no luck. Well after driving 1.5 hours to get there, I said to myself "I didn't drive all this way to leave empty handed", I started walking down the counter full of guns with him following on the other side. I finally spied a Springfield Armory Range Office 1911 45 that looked good. I already has a Colt Gold Cup and Kimber Custom II SS in 45s, but figured I'd add to my collection. It was half the price as the other two and shot just as accurately and well as them. So started my SA collection journey of their firearms, which currently includes their 1st Saint gen 1 AR15, a M1A, 1911 TRPs in 45 and 10mm, XD-M in 10mm, XDS 3.3 in 45, XD.Mod2 3.3 in 45 and the XDE 3.3 in 45. They'll be likely more :devilish:

M-14 Marine Corps Issue 1963-1968. looked for one but over priced & poor condition.I know they have the M1A but I wanted an original. I still remember field strip & re-assemble with eyes closed.I had a hard time at the range originally(camp Matthews,sandiego) but managed a 214 at boot camp.Later qualified with 221 & 218.

My first was an XDS in 2012. I hadn't even heard of them but the shop owner was attempting to make up for a bad experience he helped me into. He was supposed to be saving for some of his dad's favorite customers and got a royal chewing for selling it to me. I'm still glad to this day he took one for the team 😉
IMG_20200115_212253571.jpg

Last edited:
4.5-inch XDm9 - the NRA Crest year - bought second-hand from a friend who'd put a few hundred rounds on it.

The following pictures were from the summer of 2012, as I crested 30,000 rounds live-fire:

Dirty 4.5 Costa Ludus 2012 - top.jpg

Dirty 4.5 Costa Ludus  2012 - right.jpg

Dirty 4.5 Costa Ludus 2012 - left.jpg

CostaHE02-1.jpg

The gun is currently at around 55,000 live-fire rounds, from this past weekend's class......

Throttle Drill 1.png

I'm glad to say that even at 55K in, it - and my aging eyes - are still holding their own on walk-backs with the usual 115 gr. range-fodder. :)

4.5-inch XDm9 - the NRA Crest year - bought second-hand from a friend who'd put a few hundred rounds on it.

The following pictures were from the summer of 2012, as I crested 30,000 rounds live-fire:

View attachment 1362
View attachment 1360
View attachment 1361
View attachment 1363

The gun is currently at around 55,000 live-fire rounds, from this past weekend's class......

View attachment 1364

I'm glad to say that even at 55K in, it - and my aging eyes - are still holding their own on walk-backs with the usual 115 gr. range-fodder. :)
That’s just like my XDm 4.5 9mm, the NRA roll mark was just for one year, and if I remember right, there was just a little over 2000 that had it.

My first Springfield was an XD .45 compact. I still own it. Love it for its simplicity and reliability. Shoots straight, too. There’s something about the .45 XD that feels special. It really muted the recoil, but not in a way that takes away from tactile feel.

Back