testtest

Favorite hunting knives

Sld1959

Hellcat
Anyone have favorite hunting knives? These are my favorite since the 80s. The two folders are dual locking blades and the Marbles I watched being made on the factory floor. All have spent many hours with me, I think the large trapper probably the most.

20210623_152902.jpg

These are my favorite blind and shelter builders.

20210623_153119.jpg

20210623_155256.jpg

Last edited:
I'm partial to Scandinavian knives (from all three countries), although I also like some AG Russell designs, & I like the Cold Steel SRK-C.

And Swedish axes for various sizes that can come in handle when hunting season comes.

My .02

This is what I use in the field. S30V steel. Cabela's/Buck Personal Butcher Shop done by Paul Bos.

Attachments

• cabelas-alaskan_guide_series_pbs_crosslock_knife_by_buck_knives_p1_.jpg
    cabelas-alaskan_guide_series_pbs_crosslock_knife_by_buck_knives_p1_.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 224
Hard to beat the classics
Definitely true. My first knife was a Buck folding knife my dad bought for me when I was five years old, 43 years ago. I still have it and it still keeps an edge very well. I lost the sheath a long time ago but the knife is still in very good condition. I keep it in my gun safe now, I definitely want to pass it on down once I shuffle on off....lol

2005 Benchmade prototype and a hammer forged butcher knife are my favorite. And my EDC pocket knife is a S&W ExtremeOps. Which was gifted to me from my Squad Leader. The blade has my rank, name, unit, and unit motto on it. I miss working with those guys.

Attachments

• 20210625_132134.jpg
    20210625_132134.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 183
Definitely true. My first knife was a Buck folding knife my dad bought for me when I was five years old, 43 years ago. I still have it and it still keeps an edge very well. I lost the sheath a long time ago but the knife is still in very good condition. I keep it in my gun safe now, I definitely want to pass it on down once I shuffle on off....lol
Ny dad passing suddenly has made me think about passing on stuff while I can to who I want to give it too.

I just spent a day going thru my knife duffle and keeping what I want to keep and use. The rest, some 70 odd pieces I am passing to my nephews and daughters husband, and thier kids. These include cheap impulse buys, sone really nice pieces, a lot I have made, and important things like my dad's navy issue folder, his first hunting knife, my very first hunting knife. The first knife I bought myself and some other.

Makes a few less things I need to worry about, until that day.. stole a fav line from way of the gun. Lol

2005 Benchmade prototype and a hammer forged butcher knife are my favorite. And my EDC pocket knife is a S&W ExtremeOps. Which was gifted to me from my Squad Leader. The blade has my rank, name, unit, and unit motto on it. I miss working with those guys.
Very nice, and unique

Ny dad passing suddenly has made me think about passing on stuff while I can to who I want to give it too.

I just spent a day going thru my knife duffle and keeping what I want to keep and use. The rest, some 70 odd pieces I am passing to my nephews and daughters husband, and thier kids. These include cheap impulse buys, sone really nice pieces, a lot I have made, and important things like my dad's navy issue folder, his first hunting knife, my very first hunting knife. The first knife I bought myself and some other.

Makes a few less things I need to worry about, until that day.. stole a fav line from way of the gun. Lol
I'm surprised I've been able to keep up with that old Buck lock blade all these years. I lost it a few times in my 20's during moves, etc but it always seemed to turn up, so I finally put it up to make sure it didn't walk off again.

Back