testtest

Hottest food you've ever eaten

I used to not like spicy but then something unlocked it for me later in my life. Now I'm excited to be growing these next season:
I found out about Smokin Ed via Shawn Evans on Hot Ones. Great interview show on youtube if you haven't seen it.

^ OK, since Hot Ones/First We Feast has now been mentioned more than once and not just by me, I feel better posting about things like this.....

Any of y'all pepper fiends like Chili Klaus? 😁

His hometown boys' choir one was also pretty sweet. Before my voice changed, I could really hit those high notes and was in my school choir. Not so much, after the drop.....

^ OK, since Hot Ones/First We Feast has now been mentioned more than once and not just by me, I feel better posting about things like this.....

His hometown boys' choir one was also pretty sweet. Before my voice changed, I could really hit those high notes and was in my school choir. Not so much, after the drop.....
Not to the extent of chowing on raw Reapers and the like, but I do like some good peppers. I've watched a number of Chili Klaus videos. I love the finger snapping :)

Did it sound like finger nails going across a chalkboard :unsure: :whistle:? Music too my ears.

Time for a fix....

Attachments

• 16286969526674831192302496166028.jpg
    16286969526674831192302496166028.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
One day my wife and I stopped into a Tai restaurant in Seattle. It was the first time for me. My wife had warned me to "be careful" because it was supposedly "spicy" and when I finished looking at the menu, thinking I was being conservative, I ordered a dish labelled "Country Style". Hey, I AM from Texas after all. I have had mucho spicy food before. Sriracha and Tapatio are on the counter as we speak.

When the bowl of soup arrived, it was beautiful!
When I dipped my stainless-steel spoon into the mixture, it started curling away from the liquid.
Not being too bright, I tasted my first Country Style Tai dish.
The skin on my tongue blistered and then peeled like Rango in the desert.
Sweat burst forth from every pore on my body.
I thought I had mistakenly swallowed reactor cooling liquid or some other fusion related material.

Then, the owner of the restaurant came out from the kitchen wanting to see who had ordered that dish.
It was plain to see who had. There at the table was the melted, smoldering remains of what had been a 250-pound Gringo.
It was then I was warned of the hazards of Tai Country Style cuisine.
She thought it was pretty entertaining...

I have no doubt they threw that bowl away when we left.

Needless to say, I did not get a take home doggie bag.

I am quite certain one could use that liquid to clean driveways, strip epoxy paint from aircraft carriers of kill fire ants.

Whenever I go to a Thai or far-eastern restaurant (even the hottest curry at Indian restaurants), I ask them to make it as hot as they would for a native and it's never as hot as they claim. The only time I've been stymied by anything hot is a ghost pepper or Carolina reaper.

Sometimes, the "native" level of "hot/spicy" is actually less heat than what just ordering "regular spicy" comes out with. To "them," the level of "spice" does not necessarily coincide directly with the heat of the dish, rather, just how much "spice" is used.

It really depends on the restaurant.

One "Indian Spicy" from an Indian restaurant around where I work is this way: looking at what are supposed to be identical dishes, one ordered "Spicy" while the other "Indian Spicy," there's more heat in the "Spicy" one, while the "Indian Spicy's" sauce is darker in color, and also has notably more spices (both type and quantity) added. Meanwhile, the "Indian Spicy" at the place that's closer to my house actually has me sweating from the heat, and the "Spicy" variant is just less heat (but same type of spices, same color, etc.). 😅

ghost pepper nachos, God I thought I was dying. Big chunks of pepper, I sure thought about killing the guy who made em. But I forced my way thru them.
I like spicy food. I've had some great lamb vindaloo in London and Thai chicken w/peppers which made me sweat, but I loved the taste of them. My wife bought me a bottle of Carolina Reaper sauce and that's where I draw the line. I can't taste the stuff through the pain. It was like drinking napalm.

I used to not like spicy but then something unlocked it for me later in my life. Now I'm excited to be growing these next season:
I found out about Smokin Ed via Shawn Evans on Hot Ones. Great interview show on youtube if you haven't seen it.
I wish someone around my parts had young plants of those. I've tried to start some hot peppers from seed in the past yet hardly successful.

This year I've got 2 ghost, 2 habanero and four Serrano's all doing great. I bet I got 25 habanero peppers on one plant and I got enough serrano peppers to last me a lifetime they did really good this year.
I'm actually amazed at the flies that pollinate these things I've not seen one bee or anything like that a normal pollinator on these plants all I've seen is these tiny little flies.

So since I make my own pasta sauce and used to work with a guy who was a pepper expert we were talking one evening and I asked him for a recommendation on what I could use for a pepper in my nest batch of sauce. A few nights later he saw me at work and gave me two dried peppers, he warned me they were hot. That weekend I made my sauce which normally takes about
5-6 hours. I crushed up both peppers into the mix. When I was done I cooked up some pasta, what he didn’t tell me was they were Carolina Reapers 🔥🔥🔥
I thought I was going to die. 😂😂😂

So since I make my own pasta sauce and used to work with a guy who was a pepper expert we were talking one evening and I asked him for a recommendation on what I could use for a pepper in my nest batch of sauce. A few nights later he saw me at work and gave me two dried peppers, he warned me they were hot. That weekend I made my sauce which normally takes about
5-6 hours. I crushed up both peppers into the mix. When I was done I cooked up some pasta, what he didn’t tell me was they were Carolina Reapers 🔥🔥🔥
I thought I was going to die. 😂😂😂
Let me guess, you aren't close friends any more :)

Back