testtest

Hottest food you've ever eaten

I wish someone around my parts had young plants of those. I've tried to start some hot peppers from seed in the past yet hardly successful.

This year I've got 2 ghost, 2 habanero and four Serrano's all doing great. I bet I got 25 habanero peppers on one plant and I got enough serrano peppers to last me a lifetime they did really good this year.
I'm actually amazed at the flies that pollinate these things I've not seen one bee or anything like that a normal pollinator on these plants all I've seen is these tiny little flies.
They aren't in stock right now and they're WAY too expensive for my budget @ 2 for $30 but Smokin Ed Currie partnered with Bonnie plants for this.
Smokin Ed also has a series here on youtube to help grow these monsters. He's a great guy that's made a great pepper.

I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned how I don't eat 'HOT' anything. I've tried on a few occasions, but never had an ability nor a desire to eat really spicy, hot foods, so I avoid them anytime possible.

Now........ as much as I believe in 'Live and Let Live' .... and .... 'different strokes for different folks', something I've never been able to understand is why anyone would intentionally put something in their mouths that they know going in is going to hurt/burn them.:rolleyes::unsure:😝😝😝

I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned how I don't eat 'HOT' anything. I've tried on a few occasions, but never had an ability nor a desire to eat really spicy, hot foods, so I avoid them anytime possible.

Now........ as much as I believe in 'Live and Let Live' .... and .... 'different strokes for different folks', something I've never been able to understand is why anyone would intentionally put something in their mouths that they know going in is going to hurt/burn them.:rolleyes::unsure:😝😝😝
There's no accounting for taste

200 Proof Wasabi

1628982113219.png

....something I've never been able to understand is why anyone would intentionally put something in their mouths that they know going in is going to hurt/burn them.:rolleyes::unsure:😝😝😝

Some believe it to be cultural - particularly for those who live in warmer, more humid climates: it makes you sweat.

There's also some science behind it, in that it triggers endorphin release: it makes you happy/high. :)

☝️☝️☝️ Haha, 'endorphin... spendorphin', I can get plenty happy/high without all the hurt .... thank you !!! :)

I can however understand the cultural part. (y)(y)(y)

I feel like it's similar to running a triathlon or a muay thai bout. I know they're going to hurt but it's still fun to do them.
No, I don't believe eating hot peppers/spices is anything at all like these two things. These are competitions and as such we will often accept the possibility of some pain.

Deliberately putting something in your mouth that you know is going to make you sweat profusely, weaken your vision and making your eyes water, turn your tongue into a fire stick, peel the skin off the roof of your mouth and your tongue, etc, is sheer insanity.

Very much like saying to your buddy ...... "Here, hold my beer", then putting your finger down on a table and smashing it with a hammer, or pouring a steaming hot cup of coffee in your crotch, or jabbing a stick into your eye, or worse of all.... going to take a leak after handling those hot peppers and not washing your hands very well before handling your own. You know damn well they're going to hurt ........ and for absolutely no reason !!!

Now that's just one man's opinion obviously. YMMV !!!

^ You know, now that the two of you are debating that, I'm actually not sure that I don't see this in some way similar to how @benstt described.

I mean, putting aside those times I know I'm going overboard, the pain/pleasure of spicy foods really does remind me a bit of a tough workout, knowing that I'm gonna feel it when I wake up the next morning (and then actually feeling it the next morning).

Interesting analogy and debate!

The hottest food I have had would have to be a Pinapple Peas and Rice with Coconut Sea Bass in Thailand. I asked for spicy, they loaded it with fresh birds eye chilis. I would not get past the third bite and paid for the meal without spice, my mouth was burning for several hours intensely. Also had a chili from a street taco vendor in Tijuana Mexico and it was outrageously hot: hotter than a ghost pepper sauce I tried, and a Carolina reaper I have. Fresh whole chilis are always hotter!

Back