testtest

Let me see your Rack!

SaltyMonkey

Professional
Small compared to some big game Hunters on here.

Attachments

• 3EE62C48-4D4E-4A0E-B389-5F678E9642F9.jpeg
    3EE62C48-4D4E-4A0E-B389-5F678E9642F9.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 155
I never put any on the wall. Saved some racks for deer camp, but never a wall mount.
May have to change that mentality for this guy if he steps out for me this season though … he has a tendancy last 3 years to disappear from my area during season and come back afterwards .. go figure 😆
7A604361-DE3A-46E5-8A19-44AA999A1501.jpeg
C332C624-41F3-41FA-9EDD-A48CA5FCEE8B.jpeg

Small compared to some big game Hunters on here.
Any that the hunter takes and has worked hard and ethically, can and should be proud of his accomplishment. Not only has he preserved a way of life that has existed for generations before him, but has ultimately helped to preserve it for generations to come. As well as helping today's wildlife overall.

Congrats on a fine 'Non-typical'. Hard to tell from the pic, so I'll ask if you had him scored? If so, what was it? (y) (y) (y)

I never put any on the wall. Saved some racks for deer camp, but never a wall mount.
May have to change that mentality for this guy if he steps out for me this season though … he has a tendancy last 3 years to disappear from my area during season and come back afterwards .. go figure 😆
View attachment 20488View attachment 20487
I had the opportunity to hunt one much like this several years ago over 3 or 4 years. Each time I saw him over those years, it would be just before dark, so close I just couldn't bring myself to taking him. So, each year he got by till one year ..................................

I was just leaving my tree stand late one evening when out of the corner of my eye I saw him easing along a sorgum row. Well, whether or not it was too late to shoot didn't matter because I was already unloaded and I was so close to him, I knew that any working of the bolt would be the end of my seeing him for awhile. What to do, what to do ................................. Well........................

I was actually within a few feet, maybe one or two good steps from his behind and he hadn't even realized I was there yet, so I just made a leap and grabbed for his tail. Dammit, I missed the tail but jammed my fore finger clean up his butt. Surprised us both really big time!!! Obviously he took off like a bat out-a-hell, so I took off right with him. Tried as I might, I just couldn't gain any on him. I had a really hard time just keeping up with him.............................

But I knew the only way in the world I would ever stop him would be to gain at least that one step on him so that I could 'crook' my finger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

✋ True story, I swear ................. well at least the first paragraph !!!!

Nice rack, looking around to insure my wife did not hear that.

I have never mounted one, or even ysken a picture of one. My dad did not believe in doing it and I guess it rubbed off on me.
I've taken pictures of quite a few over a lot of years, but never mounted one. A few sheep and that one old ugly goat maybe........................................ way back when I was kid I think ............... but never a deer in the wild.

Jus' kidden, y'all, jus' kidden. That goat was just way too ugly for me !!!!!

Dang !!!! Y'all are a 'hard' crowd. If I can't get a belly laugh out of my posts #11 & #12, I just need to give up jokes and comedy all together. I know it don't always read as good as it's told, but I never failed to get damn near an uproar every time I told either one of those in a hunting camp somewhere. Dang !!! :confused::oops::unsure:

I've got to assume at least some of you are sound :sleep: I hope it's not that my jokes are that baaaad !!!

For the 3 of you who seemed to enjoy them, "Thank ya', thank ya' very much"!!!!

I had the opportunity to hunt one much like this several years ago over 3 or 4 years. Each time I saw him over those years, it would be just before dark, so close I just couldn't bring myself to taking him. So, each year he got by till one year ..................................

I was just leaving my tree stand late one evening when out of the corner of my eye I saw him easing along a sorgum row. Well, whether or not it was too late to shoot didn't matter because I was already unloaded and I was so close to him, I knew that any working of the bolt would be the end of my seeing him for awhile. What to do, what to do ................................. Well........................

I was actually within a few feet, maybe one or two good steps from his behind and he hadn't even realized I was there yet, so I just made a leap and grabbed for his tail. Dammit, I missed the tail but jammed my fore finger clean up his butt. Surprised us both really big time!!! Obviously he took off like a bat out-a-hell, so I took off right with him. Tried as I might, I just couldn't gain any on him. I had a really hard time just keeping up with him.............................

But I knew the only way in the world I would ever stop him would be to gain at least that one step on him so that I could 'crook' my finger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

✋ True story, I swear ................. well at least the first paragraph !!!!
I love your stories jumpinjoe

Back