testtest

Fred Bear’s Ten Commandments of Hunting any Wild Game

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
In the world of archery and hunting one of the “founding fathers” of both arenas would be the legendary Fred Bear. Known for being a phenomenal hunter, tremendous steward of the outdoors, and for being a trailblazer in the field of archery and bows, he is one man who we all owe a lot of credit to where we are today in the world of hunting.

My boyhood hero. The reason I started wearing a fedora for huntin when I was a kid,, somethibg I still do lol. I read Fred Bears Field notes at least once a year.

I have an old Bear Grizzly recurve I watched being made in his factory in Grayling and he even signed it before it got glassed.

Thanks for the link, Talyn. Fred Bear is one of my heroes also, along with Daniel Boone. :)

I also have a Bear Grizzly recurve from back in the 70's. I hunted with it a lot. I sort of hated to, but I spray painted it with flat black to help keep from spooking deer. I always enjoyed bow hunting.

Anyone stiff use the Berger Button? I do....I don't know if you can buy them anymore.
Vic Berger used to own an archery range in Springfield Oh when I served time there.
(That is how I describe my stay in Springfield)

Thanks for the link, Talyn. Fred Bear is one of my heroes also, along with Daniel Boone. :)

I also have a Bear Grizzly recurve from back in the 70's. I hunted with it a lot. I sort of hated to, but I spray painted it with flat black to help keep from spooking deer. I always enjoyed bow hunting.
I remember a story about Daniel Boone that I think was in my Boy Scout manual. When asked if Daniel had ever been lost, he thought about it for a while and replied "I was once a mite bewildered for a few days but no never lost."

Anyone stiff use the Berger Button? I do....I don't know if you can buy them anymore.
Vic Berger used to own an archery range in Springfield Oh when I served time there.
(That is how I describe my stay in Springfield)
I use them. Got a couple packs new I think. I found them maybe 19 years ago at Jay's sporting goods in Michigan. They also had my favorite Damascus shooting glove.

My mistake I use brush buttons, lol Berger buttons are fir a compound I believe, I know very little about those new fangled things, I think they are a fad and won't last... lol that's what all the old timers said.

We used to get kicked out of Indian John's archery shop by asking where the aluminum arrows were.

In the world of archery and hunting one of the “founding fathers” of both arenas would be the legendary Fred Bear. Known for being a phenomenal hunter, tremendous steward of the outdoors, and for being a trailblazer in the field of archery and bows, he is one man who we all owe a lot of credit to where we are today in the world of hunting.

My mother worked for Fred Bear in Fla.I should have gone and met him but I never did. I regret that very much . Last time I visited my mom we went over to the plant but because it was aftrer hours we didn’t go in. She told me many stories about Mr Bear and how nice he was. Bobby M

My mother worked for Fred Bear in Fla.I should have gone and met him but I never did. I regret that very much . Last time I visited my mom we went over to the plant but because it was aftrer hours we didn’t go in. She told me many stories about Mr Bear and how nice he was. Bobby M

Guessing that's how the ball bounces sometimes Bobbym? - Knowing the feeling, sometimes the closest things go undone at times? Your mom was lucky too, never heard of anything too unusual or nasty about Fred or his company. Was a good guy and company. Have lived in both FL and MI previously and may be easier to relate to the company in some ways then?

I know where you coming from
My first bow was also a green Grizzly which I purchased in the late 60's. Now I have a dozen bows on the rack. Unfortunately due to recent illnesses I can only pull the lightest one on the rack now.

We used military face paint sticks, came right off when you wanted.

Was never really a fan of bow hunting, but for some reason way back in the late 60's I had reason to buy a bow. It wasn't a "Fred Bear", but a "Ben Pearson" recurve. Another real archery proponent.

I just gave that bow to my yard son a couple years ago when I moved, along with 8 of the original wooden arrows I bought with it. Even had the original waxed string, although it had been retired many years ago and just stored with the old bow for posterity ................ I guess. (y)(y)(y)

Back