testtest

How to make the United States united again?

Have you been asleep or do you have @Annihilator , @10mmLife , @BET7 and a few others blocked? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
1633444477588.gif

Note to self: Reminder that discussion of politics and/or religion are a bad decision.
That's why I posted quotes by people whose thoughts and words can inspire us to search our own souls for answers that hopefully will bring about solutions that will make the world we live in a better place.

Democracy is a revelation, but it's complicated. There are elections to hold, politics to create, rights to assert, grievances to settle and institutions to build. To many, it's exhilarating. For others, it can be disappointing when it turns out that democracy doesn't immediately make life better.

Atifete Jahjaga

If everyone would do their very best to act civil all the time; if everyone would truly be as courteous as they possibly can with everyone, even their enemies; we would begin to come together. Not everyone will do this; but if enough do this, we will soon come to "herd immunity" with regard to our divisions. However, if not enough do this; if most people stay "locked down" and stay behind their masks, we will never reach "herd immunity" with regard to our divisions.

In reality, there are those who are actively pushing us apart; those people must be stopped somehow, or we will never come together. I believe that the whole overblown reaction to COVID is in part an effort to keep us divided. (And yes, I do believe it is overblown.)

There's one thing I rarely if ever hear in these sorts of discussions, and that is, we need to reconcile with God. We are greatly offending Him with some of the things going on in our society. The key, in my opinion, is all of the innocent blood being shed each year via elective abortion. And I believe that some of the terrible things currently going on are triggered by our constantly offending God and arrogantly rubbing it in his face.

Perhaps a sincere apology to God for some of this might cause Him to back off from some of the judgments we are currently experiencing as a country.
Sounds very "locked down" to me. Your post has disenfranchised virtually all non-Christian Americans as well as the significant numbers who respect a woman's right to control her own body.
I submit that if God were to rain down punishment on the US, it would not be because of abortions or LGBTQs, but rather intolerance, hatred, bigotry, greed and dogma.

Sounds very "locked down" to me. Your post has disenfranchised virtually all non-Christian Americans as well as the significant numbers who respect a woman's right to control her own body.
I submit that if God were to rain down punishment on the US, it would not be because of abortions or LGBTQs, but rather intolerance, hatred, bigotry, greed and dogma.
Women however can't have control over their bodies if they haven't been vaccinated, right? Racism? Guess what kills more black people than anything else. Abortions. Followed closely by other black people. Intolerance? All these supposedly oppressed groups are totally tolerant right? As long as you agree with them. Who was it again that was talking about rounding up a certain ex president's supporters and having them sent to re-education camps?
Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Women however can't have control over their bodies if they haven't been vaccinated, right? Racism? Guess what kills more black people than anything else. Abortions. Followed closely by other black people. Intolerance? All these supposedly oppressed groups are totally tolerant right? As long as you agree with them. Who was it again that was talking about rounding up a certain ex president's supporters and having them sent to re-education camps?
Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Vaccination is an example of sacrificing a very tiny bit of freedom for the good of a whole country's population. It has nothing to do with respecting women's rights.
I don't know who talked about sending political fanatics to re-education camps. It wasn't me. However, those convicted of violent crimes should be granted long vacations at a Federal gated community.
One more thing. Blaming poverty on the (disproportionately non-white) poor is a part of systemic racism.

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”
― George Washington

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.”
― George Washington

Forcing people to inject a vaccine is by definition taking women's ( and men's) choice and control of their body away from them.

I don't need you to explain your ideas about racism to me. I can just turn on CNN and hear them. Having been born and raised in a city that is disproportionately non white and having spent the last 9 years working in neighborhoods that are nearly 100% non white and the most dangerous in the country, literally, I know all kinds of things about racism. I don't need lily white suburbanites to expound on the ideas they got off MSNBC to me.

Let's got get to arguing any particular issues here.

He is pretty intent on letting everyone know exactly where he stands Benstt. On a forum where that sort of political stuff is allowed I really have no issues with it. Here however I personally prefer not to get too deep into the weeds. Maybe some of his like minded fellow forumites could start a PM where he could get it off his chest.

Vaccination is an example of sacrificing a very tiny bit of freedom for the good of a whole country's population. It has nothing to do with respecting women's rights.
I don't know who talked about sending political fanatics to re-education camps. It wasn't me. However, those convicted of violent crimes should be granted long vacations at a Federal gated community.
One more thing. Blaming poverty on the (disproportionately non-white) poor is a part of systemic racism.
SubChaser, with all due respect, I've read every word of your posts to now, deciding to not interject. However when you, or anyone else for that matter, take such a stand as your quote that I've highlighted above, I must bring to your attention that there is a very famous quote of Mr Ben Franklin, in a letter concerning taxes and certain taxation requirements, that goes something like this .....

"those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Now even though these exact words were involved with a taxation dispute at the time, the sentiment/intent still holds true today in the direction of the way we typically use them. To even consider giving up any amount of freedom/liberty for any amount of perceived safety is a non-starter for me.

And I would also remind you our constitution guarantees our freedom/liberty, and not our safety. There is absolutely nothing in our world any more important to us as American citizens than our god given rights/freedom. Please consider that for a couple minutes and let us know your thoughts.

Just something worth ponderin' there young man. (y)(y)(y)

SubChaser, with all due respect, I've read every word of your posts to now, deciding to not interject. However when you, or anyone else for that matter, take such a stand as your quote that I've highlighted above, I must bring to your attention that there is a very famous quote of Mr Ben Franklin, in a letter concerning taxes and certain taxation requirements, that goes something like this .....

"those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Now even though these exact words were involved with a taxation dispute at the time, the sentiment/intent still holds true today in the direction of the way we typically use them. To even consider giving up any amount of freedom/liberty for any amount of perceived safety is a non-starter for me.

And I would also remind you our constitution guarantees our freedom/liberty, and not our safety. There is absolutely nothing in our world any more important to us as American citizens than our god given rights/freedom. Please consider that for a couple minutes and let us know your thoughts.

Worth a reminder too that the mortality rate according to the CDC's own numbers is 1.8%.

I see "CRT" taking live fire in several posts on this thread. The term is not seen in the media outside of the right-wing.
CRT is not "revisionist history", but rather telling the whole truth
"those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

woman’s control of her own body is such a straw argument, she can have perfect control by simply keeping her legs crossed. 90% of the abortions could be eliminated.
we will never all get along, the goal needs to be live and let live.

We are not talking about an "essential freedom" here, nor a "little temporary safety" of an individual. Over 704,000 deaths so far in the US. Nearly 44 million cases.
And thanks. I haven't been called "young man" for decades.😎

Your concern for the covid deaths would be admirable if you showed the same concern for the unborn children who are killed each year in our country.

Back