testtest

How to make the United States united again?

Same way with people who vote republican. The republicans act like they're going to do things for the common person then immediately bend over to the rich and corporate donors. No integrity there, and just as naive for anyone that isn't independently wealthy to vote GOP.
This is why in post 167 I said we need term limits to start over and get rid of the swamp which is filled with both democrats and republican. Benstt you can rag on republicans and I can rag on democrats all day long but it doesn’t solve anything, our time would be better spent educating voters on 2a rights and the future of our country.

This is why in post 167 I said we need term limits to start over and get rid of the swamp which is filled with both democrats and republican. Benstt you can rag on republicans and I can rag on democrats all day long but it doesn’t solve anything, our time would be better spent educating voters on 2a rights and the future of our country.
No argument there. I'm just saying neither party has a monopoly on nonsense. I fully support term limits.

Term limits alone won't fix the problem. What you get is more rookies at the mercy of skilled career lobbyists with very deep corporate pockets. Do away with corporate campaign financing and put very strict limits on private donations. That cuts lobbying off at the knees. And there is not enough money to support massive major party operations. The two party system falls.

I’m not convinced that political unity is necessary or desirable. I personally don’t see an acceptable avenue of compromise with anyone who supports the current administration or the 4 trillion dollar piece of crap they’re trying to foist on the American people.

I’m not convinced that political unity is necessary or desirable. I personally don’t see an acceptable avenue of compromise with anyone who supports the current administration or the 4 trillion dollar piece of crap they’re trying to foist on the American people.
Loyal opposition is a good thing. I agree with you that there is no way for me to support the current puppet administration and their swamp partners.

Unity requires some common foundational principles shared by all. The source of our current divide is a different set of foundational principles. One side reveres the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It values individual liberty above all, within a reasonable framework of law and order. The other side reveres the ideals of Marx. They value the power of government as a tool to mold society, like it or not, into a predetermined ideal. These are not compatible visions. One of them is going to triumph over the other.

There is no unity to be had when one side says, "live and let live," and the other says, "conform, or else!" When your "free speech" becomes their "hate speech," your only choice is to conform, or fight. When your "right" becomes their "public menace," you must abdicate your right, or fight for it. When your attempt to persuade people subjects you to the violence of mobs and banishment form the public forums, being fired from your job, or expelled from your university, how do you unify with those who oppose you? You don't. You are in a confict which you will either win, or lose.

Unity requires some common foundational principles shared by all. The source of our current divide is a different set of foundational principles. One side reveres the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It values individual liberty above all, within a reasonable framework of law and order. The other side reveres the ideals of Marx. They value the power of government as a tool to mold society, like it or not, into a predetermined ideal. These are not compatible visions. One of them is going to triumph over the other.

There is no unity to be had when one side says, "live and let live," and the other says, "conform, or else!" When your "free speech" becomes their "hate speech," your only choice is to conform, or fight. When your "right" becomes their "public menace," you must abdicate your right, or fight for it. When your attempt to persuade people subjects you to the violence of mobs and banishment form the public forums, being fired from your job, or expelled from your university, how do you unify with those who oppose you? You don't. You are in a confict which you will either win, or lose.
Fully agreed.
You are an excellent communicator Ranger; wish I could present a case that clearly. Thank you.

Back