testtest

First Large Company pulls out of Shot Show

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
I wish they would just cancel, already it’s not worth it. In normal years the Shot Show flew is rampant. I would say I get sick at least 3 out of every 4 years.

Ahh man just wear a mask ....😷
Still not worth it, you fly into Vegas into an environment of Smoking. Cool if you are a smoker, but if you are not it is a shock to your system as is. I already have “lung/breathing“ issues from 20 plus years working with chemicals and coating guns.

Then you have all the companies including SA that pre release all of the new stuff via the internet before the show anyway. I don’t even remember the last new surprise that was exclusive to the Shot Show.

Look as someone who has attended every show in the last 20 years exempt last year, I love going and putting the faces to the voices you talk to through out the year. But you have all kinds of unintended consequences. What if I get a chest cough from all the smoking (it happens every year) Everyone in Vegas is always coughing. Will I be let on the plane to leave? Can I afford two extra weeks of expenses If I get stuck etc.

Will I be let on the plane to leave? Can I afford two extra weeks of expenses If I get stuck etc.

Or, rather, will that plane leave, at all? ;)

The way that travel - and its ancillary concerns, i.e. accommodations, rental vehicle, etc. - has played-out so far this year, it makes for quite a bit of risk and extra expense for any traveler, to say the least of a small business owner/operator.

My opinion, Sig is giving in to the lefts Covid rhetoric crap, they must be listening to Dr. Flipflop or something, pathetic.
Lol...That could be. But it could also be they dont want to spend the 1 Million $$ on a new display set up, due to their space being "re-drafted" and all the 140 people on payroll there, travel expenses for them, etc. Foe what could be a low turnout show. Could be a standoff with NSSF, But it says they are sending them a $500,000 donation.. ? So who knows. Im still bummed i didn't make it to the show a few yrs ago when it was in Indy..within driving distance from me..

Still not worth it, you fly into Vegas into an environment of Smoking. Cool if you are a smoker, but if you are not it is a shock to your system as is. I already have “lung/breathing“ issues from 20 plus years working with chemicals and coating guns.

Then you have all the companies including SA that pre release all of the new stuff via the internet before the show anyway. I don’t even remember the last new surprise that was exclusive to the Shot Show.

Look as someone who has attended every show in the last 20 years exempt last year, I love going and putting the faces to the voices you talk to through out the year. But you have all kinds of unintended consequences. What if I get a chest cough from all the smoking (it happens every year) Everyone in Vegas is always coughing. Will I be let on the plane to leave? Can I afford two extra weeks of expenses If I get stuck etc.
Chemical addiction. Tobacco is just the carrier for the real dope the companies use in "processing". Tobacco in its natural state is not going to addict anyone. Forget the cows, environmentalists need to eliminate cancer sticks. Any parent that smokes that s--- in the car or house with children are guilty of abuse. I run from it if someone fires up around me, but that chemical tendril always wafts in my direction. Smokeless is XX worse. There is nothing in Vegas I want or need, including the SS.

OK smokers, let me have it!

Chemical addiction. Tobacco is just the carrier for the real dope the companies use in "processing". Tobacco in its natural state is not going to addict anyone. Forget the cows, environmentalists need to eliminate cancer sticks. Any parent that smokes that s--- in the car or house with children are guilty of abuse. I run from it if someone fires up around me, but that chemical tendril always wafts in my direction. Smokeless is XX worse. There is nothing in Vegas I want or need, including the SS.

OK smokers, let me have it!
I was one of those kids trapped in the back seat while my parents chain smoked in the front. They would occasionally open the window for us. That had is own hazards as hot ash would bombard us each time they flicked their cigarettes out the window.

My stepdad died of lung cancer years later.

Well this is exactly how the NRA show started when it got canceled.
Pretty much. But, why?
There's many hopeful, wishful people out in this world, possibly with thoughts and mindsets of past days and some trying to keep things going for many other reasons? Sometimes not though?

Some people may be in a denial of sorts to keep some sanity, some maybe to keep others hopes up by doing and creating things interesting for themselves and others to do, some maybe to keep people busy in general and to keep their minds occupied on other things besides one crisis or another? - as a distraction of stress from those things? And, some likely just don't give a rat's bunnies about anything but a buck and bottom lines? Can be a very tough call to start and then cancel whatever for anyone? Possibly saving face or saving people? Tough call when dealing with unknowns?

Pretty much. But, why?
There's many hopeful, wishful people out in this world, possibly with thoughts and mindsets of past days and some trying to keep things going for many other reasons? Sometimes not though?

Some people may be in a denial of sorts to keep some sanity, some maybe to keep others hopes up by doing and creating things interesting for themselves and others to do, some maybe to keep people busy in general and to keep their minds occupied on other things besides one crisis or another? - as a distraction of stress from those things? And, some likely just don't give a rat's bunnies about anything but a buck and bottom lines? Can be a very tough call to start and then cancel whatever for anyone? Possibly saving face or saving people? Tough call when dealing with unknowns?
True but take SA, by the time Jan rolls by you will already know what the new products are. In another thread in another forum. Why are manufacturers waisting resources when they can’t get products out now. Do we really need a trade show to show of things you already saw on the internet that no one can ship out Anyway. Spend resources to get product out instead.

Come next week I will register and I got two months to think about it And let things play out. I miss going to Vegas.

My opinion, Sig is giving in to the lefts Covid rhetoric crap, they must be listening to Dr. Flipflop or something, pathetic.
Well, they were at the recent USCCA convention in Ft. Worth Tx. at the beginning of October 1-3 of this year. I think it may have to do with money, new floor location, and whether they have something big to announce or not, which caused them to back out. As xdman mentioned, most companies are just announcing new products whenever, and not waiting for the big conventions. My understanding is that Sig showed off the M17 X-Change kit and maybe more at the USCCA show. Just a guess on my part on their cancellation.

Well, they were at the recent USCCA convention in Ft. Worth Tx. at the beginning of October 1-3 of this year. I think it may have to do with money, new floor location, and whether they have something big to announce or not, which caused them to back out. As xdman mentioned, most companies are just announcing new products whenever, and not waiting for the big conventions. My understanding is that Sig showed off the M17 X-Change kit and maybe more at the USCCA show. Just a guess on my part on their cancellation.
Also that show is directed at the buying public, gun stores will order new stuff no matter what. But it’s the public you want on your side to demand the new product.

Back