Votes: 15 93.8%
  • What's privacy

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
If I turn off location services, then restart the phone, then click on the weather app, it usually provides my "local" weather for a place a little over 50 miles from me. 🤔

OR so they want you too believe? What if? With any cell phone you lose all rights with that 1st user agreement!

Your data belongs to you. The problem is most people (myself included) sign or click away their privacy rights without even realizing it.

I won’t rant about Google, but I don’t use their services…for anything. You are the product. They data mine your emails and documents, and they use search history data to sell your info to advertisers. You can choose to allow it, or not.

The really scary thing is this new nexus between tech and government. The FBI can’t legally surveil you, but they can legally get data from Twitter, Facebook, and Google.

Your data belongs to you. The problem is most people (myself included) sign or click away their privacy rights without even realizing it.

I won’t rant about Google, but I don’t use their services…for anything. You are the product. They data mine your emails and documents, and they use search history data to sell your info to advertisers. You can choose to allow it, or not.

The really scary thing is this new nexus between tech and government. The FBI can’t legally surveil you, but they can legally get data from Twitter, Facebook, and Google.
Read the links. Permission or not they are collecting (and using) it all. Tech and Government are husband and wife. IRS/Financial institutions & Insurance are the enforcers.

I don't think having location off does it.........the towers always know where the cell is located.

Only partly true. The towers know where the cell phone last transmitted from. They cannot for example find the phone when it is sitting idle unless "Location Services" is turned on. Also that particular type of information would only be available under warrant from LEO and generally it has to be federal. On the other hand, the people who would use that information to sell you stuff or sell your info to other companies ( that is to say, Google, Apple, etc.) can only get that information if YOU give it to them either willingly or because you don't understand how to adjust the settings of your device to protect your privacy.

That said, if you go on the internet, no matter what precautions you take ( Proxy servers, IP masking, fake names, etc.) any data on your device is compromised. Hackers are pretty firmly in control of the situation. Most people leave their Bluetooth and their Wifi enabled. That's really all it takes.

Only partly true. The towers know where the cell phone last transmitted from. They cannot for example find the phone when it is sitting idle unless "Location Services" is turned on. Also that particular type of information would only be available under warrant from LEO and generally it has to be federal. On the other hand, the people who would use that information to sell you stuff or sell your info to other companies ( that is to say, Google, Apple, etc.) can only get that information if YOU give it to them either willingly or because you don't understand how to adjust the settings of your device to protect your privacy.

That said, if you go on the internet, no matter what precautions you take ( Proxy servers, IP masking, fake names, etc.) any data on your device is compromised. Hackers are pretty firmly in control of the situation. Most people leave their Bluetooth and their Wifi enabled. That's really all it takes.

Yep, it can get out of hand trying to remember on Bluetooth and WIFI and other things too, when that happens and when going by and they're on by displays or food kiosks and get messages of what to buy or something's on sale or other annoying ads. Shut mine off 99% of the time and they generally stay off.

On the locators, am pretty sure they play odd games with who's by what at what time to appear as anonymous when they're actually not because of current laws.

Essentially, good or not, many newer things like vehicles, TV's and other products are basically bugged with locators and user info. Overall, can be like an annoying, obnoxious and disturbing cat and mouse game like with too much of tech and too much annoying and invasive intrusion? On some things, the more known, the less liked and sometimes do, use or say because of it? There's some things refuse to do or buy because of it being shoved into one hole or another? Another sign of too much, too quick or doing at all? Others may feel the same or not? Paranoid, possibly? Ticked off, definitely?

If you are interested in data privacy........and what the real meaning of the FB name change means, try this;

Thanks CS,
On reading the article, the word "embodied" in the speak, can also mean the same as embedded, that can be and mean many things including less or no security of and more intrusion into private lives and bodys and usually does? So much for the laws of security and invasion of personal privacy? May remind someone of Bewitched's nosy neighbor Alice Kravitz on steroids? May also want to thank good old J. Edgar H. for some of the off kilter mindsets too?

Back