testtest

What's Your EDC, PLEASE VOTE

WHAT'S YOUR EDC, PLEASE VOTE

• Total voters
I have two 38 Specials for carrying as well as my previously mentioned post of a brace of 9mms'.
20200328_123658.jpg

20200328_123720.jpg

20200314_062454.jpg

20200328_132027.jpg

20200313_123830.jpg

In the if I could only have one scenario... I would take 357 magnum/38 special for handgun and .357 magnum (prefer 44 magnum but for ammunition compatability) 1894 Marlin Carbine in longarm. My bow could do the rest.

Yeah it's old school but it works for me and my wife both.

Hellcat with TruGlo Tritium....would be my preference if someone would build them.
Had thoughts of replacing plain Tritium sight later on with Truglo.
Plain Fiber Optic doesn't make as much sense for CC. And, Tritium doesn't last forever. 10 years max?
TruGlo's Fiber Optic with Tritium makes more sense on HellCat for different lighting scenarios and for CC.

Had thoughts of replacing plain Tritium sight later on with Truglo.
Plain Fiber Optic doesn't make as much sense for CC. And, Tritium doesn't last forever. 10 years max?
TruGlo's Fiber Optic with Tritium makes more sense on HellCat for different lighting scenarios and for CC.
Tru Glo TFX Pros are guaranteed for 12.

XD-m 3.8 .45
Kimber 1911 full size .45
XD-m 10mm 4.5"
My new EDC is
XD-m Elite 3.8" 10mm with osp
I love it. A little more snap that the .45 of the same length. I bought the $13 Fobus made holster on Springfield Armory store site. Works until I find a better OSP holster when the makers catch to the XD-m Elite 3.8 Elite OSP 10mm/.45 style of firearms.

Ruger EC9S / 9mm. Single stack, slips easily out of my pocket. Light-weight - I hardly know it is there.
Simple, no frills. Just a good, inexpensive gun.

What he meant is that no matter how much time and effort you put into your shooting, the more guns you have the less time is spent with each piece. With only one you become programmed with its ballistics, point of impact and best grip all inherently, unerringly, easier than a guy with a dozen guns can do for each of his. Time is limited, it can be shared with a dozen guns or concentrated on one.
I have some guns, my dad had a lot more than me. He was just trying to tell me to learn your gun, have faith in it, know it by instinct.
So, late to the discussion, but…

In my experience, becoming a “good” (if I do say so myself) DAO revolver shooter massively improved my accuracy with SA autos.

Now, I can confidently make a stationary head shot at 25 yards in, both platforms.

In short, cross training can bring improvements in other platforms…

Back