testtest

Why This Forum?

I joined to read & learn. 24 year Air Force aircraft mechanic, another 26 years civilian aircraft mechanic, retired from aircraft after the 50 enjoyable years. Needed something to do, so started firearms. First one was a Glock 19 gen 4, then Sig P365, Glock 42, Taurus TX-22, and Springfield RO Elite in .45. Mrs Tinyman started also with S&W 380EZ. We both do "range runs" and enjoy both our time together and hole punching.

I joined to read & learn. 24 year Air Force aircraft mechanic, another 26 years civilian aircraft mechanic, retired from aircraft after the 50 enjoyable years. Needed something to do, so started firearms. First one was a Glock 19 gen 4, then Sig P365, Glock 42, Taurus TX-22, and Springfield RO Elite in .45. Mrs Tinyman started also with S&W 380EZ. We both do "range runs" and enjoy both our time together and hole punching.
Hoorah Chair Force! (Sorry, I can never resist, I was a Seabee). I'm pretty new here, too, but welcome!

Gave up on carrying 5 shot SW AirLite PD after Summer of Love 2020. Bought (2) 9mm Hellcats to carry. Went from 5 shots to 28-30 shots for CCW. So found this forum as an offshoot of that.

Got plenty of Glocks, nearly a dozen of them. But the Hellcats are in a class by themselves. Lots of 'late to the party' copycat wannabees, but NOTHING compares to the Hellcats. Been around guns for 55+ years. I've never seen a more perfect gun than the Hellcat.
Welcome to the forum!

Like a lot of other people, I came here to get a SA specific question answered. Everyone so far seems very respectful of one another and for that reason I've decided to hang around.
Welcome to the forum.

If you stick around long enough you will see we are all like a big extended family with lots of great people coming from all walks of life who most of the time get along great, though occasionally we have a few tiffs here and there but very rarely will anyone hold a grudge or be outright disrespectful.

Welcome aboard!

You have no one to blame but yourself. 😎
DC7FD639-25A3-4AB4-AD68-5B1D5C53C130.gif

Ok, I'm a new guy. I kind of mentioned this in a thread here already, I joined the forum mainly because it's been a pleasure dealing with Springfield's Customer Service and Support. If my screen name gives the impression that I'm LEO I'm not, it's part of my email address from when I used to buy/sell city service surplus, police, fire, road, emt. So there's that! But oh yeah, I do support the Blue.
Anyway, I bought my first plastic auto guns June/July 2020 during the height of this new world all around us. I've always had some Italian off brand 22lr 6 shooter sitting in a tool box out in the garage and 6 super old rounds sittin in a box somewhere. I'm a Car guy btw.
Kind of hearing/seeing the news, tv, internet, radio out in the garage Aaand seeing the lines at the Academy Sporting Goods by my house 1 or 2 hours before they open and seeing the empty showcases when I went in there later in the day I thought it might be a good idea to come up with Something. Talking to people, I knew that getting ammo was going to be a big factor and I knew a good idea for a novice like me a 9mm was probably the best bet.
Ok, ok, I wanted a Glock or S&W or Sig etc etc, I'm new at this! Cabela's and Academy both told me they could probably get me something, to keep checking with them but if I wanted ammo I'd have to get in the lines at 7am, they open at 9 and they sell out fast or the truck might not show up...I'm Not going to do that...I thought about pawn shops...but again no ammo!
Then I remembered there is an indoor range 20 minutes from my house. Called them, Bingo, they had some used guns and some higher priced new guns like Kimbers aaand they promised me 50 rounds with any New gun purchased.
So, I asked the Senorita over the phone how much is a lower priced decent new gun gonna run me? She tells me that after talking with me over the phone, from what they have in stock an XDe 3.8 9mm would be a good bet, $525. XDe, what's an XDe? A Springfield? I don't want a World War 1 carbine!....I want a Glock, they only have used, No ammo.
I ended up buying TWO, came with 100 rounds.
A year latter I purchased a used XDs 4 45 from them and that's the one that I'm having problems with, but Springfield has promised to trade out for a brand spankin new XDe 3.3 45. That's why I joined this forum. I should have my New gun by 12/10. My 9s btw have been very trustworthy! Yes, I'm sold on hammers, I can't stand a safety in the handle.
All my plastic guns Will be Springfields! I did buy a wheel gun the other day, a 2.5 44 mag Alaskan...I got some sort of bug now, hope my ole lady don't get pissed......Whew that was long...Later!

Welcome to the forum again hardworkin, is understandable with different things going on from place to place now days.
"...I got some sort of bug now, hope my ole lady don't get pissed." - Uh, oh, that darned bug again!

There's more than a few of us here that have that same "bug" and sorry to say a mask won't always help. But, loaning her one of your guns and learning at local classes with your wife may help her to understand better? After that and if she enjoys it, you may end up going out and helping her pick out another nice one too? Besides, is always nice to have another good shooting buddy around. - You and possibly her too. :)

Back