testtest

Glock .45 ACP Models to Make You Forget the 1911

I've owned a Gen 3 Glock 21 since 1999, it was my first Glock purchase. It's a hoss of a handgun, not a concealed choice for sure, and it definitely could never be confused with a 1911. Is it lightweight? Nope. Is it sleek looking? Also no, any aesthetic beauty of the Glock 21 is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Is it functional? Completely and to the point a handgun can be fail safe, the Glock 21 is. Will it go bang every time? That's a hard yes from me. A few thousand rounds later and my G21 still has all its original guts. Both my Glock 21 and Glock 22 spend most of their time in my gun closet, semi-retired, neither handgun has anything left to prove at all. Both handguns are uber reliable, and they stood the test to time for two decades. I've expanded my horizons and have several different kinds of handguns, and I've never been a Glock "fanboy". I will acknowledge freely and go tell it on the mountain that I would not hesitate to purchase another Glock and I would also never doubt the ruggedness and reliability of Mr. Gaston Glock's "Plastic Fantastic";)

Mr. Bob, why do you end so many sentences that do not ask a question with a question mark?
C.S.
Good question? Simple answers.... :)
Because of several things for example. One is because some things are only thoughts and some things may apply to other means, ways, reasons and some may be because of legalities and liabilities....there's many reasons. Including those thoughts may also be other persons thoughts as well and to possibly think about something more? And, is also another form of being inviting to someone or something, like leaving a door open in a building for a better flow for people or conversation.

Questions usually beget more questions and that's how most people learn is by asking more of them.... This chatroom or site is another way some people can enjoy themselves and usually have a good time while learning and conversing....
The world is a never ending school, a classroom, it doesn't really end after formal education.

I don't think anything on the market is going to dethrone a 1911 for me. I really want to give a P220 a go when I have the spare cash again but I don't hold out much hope for it's success. I prefer HKs over almost any other pistol but even the HK45 and the USP fell short of the 1911 and it's entirely due to the trigger. That short, amazingly crisp 1911 trigger is something special in a pistol. I've given Glock a go and they simply feel terrible to me. The only thing I've tried that I'd take a Glock over is a Hi-Point. The feel of them does not work for me.
I have both the Sig 220 Legion and 1911’s. Buddy has a HK .45.
Legion is nice, but something about the HK .45 just shoots and speaks volumes to me over the Sig, and I love my Sigs.
My next .45 will be the HK.

I know this is going to make some upset at me, but I thought it was a good article, oh by the way, I own both 1911’s and Glocks……

1635969702402.gif

I know this is going to make some upset at me, but I thought it was a good article, oh by the way, I own both 1911’s and Glocks……

Nope, not me Annie,
Was an interesting and okay read. We're all hopefully in the same ballpark anyways?
But, a Glock ....Oh, man some peoples kids? Must be that Martian influence factor?
(Self grounding in a corner may be optional? ) :)

Got rid of all my 1911's except a Colt Custom Shop hard chromed plated model. And only have that cause I could not find it to sell until It was too late for gun shows. I'm all plastic now. Revolvers are out as well. 5 to 6 shots...C'mon man. Dems ruined it for low capacity and revolvers.

1911 is from 1911. Move into modern times, hi cap plastic guns.

Zombie hoards are real!

Attachments

• rioters on freeway July 2020 SS.jpg
    rioters on freeway July 2020 SS.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 100
I purchased my very first Glock in 1985 while living in Miami, it handled the heat, humidity, and Salt air better than my shooting buddies 1911.
Heat, Humidity and salt??

I purchase my firearms to handle threats, malcontents, bullies, MethHeads, Meatheads, home invaders, rapists, murderers, mental maniacs, devils, criminals and lawbreakers of every sort that might choose me as their next victim. And I trust my 1911 to do that, anywhere, anytime. Glock for me is like an ill fitting shirt, pair of trousers, or wedgie briefs; uncomfortable and distracting. And I'm not fond of reaching halfway up the piece to find the trigger then drag it all the way to the rear of the gun to make her go Bang then extending my finger like pointing at something to get a reset. Whether it's a vehicle, tool, fork or spoon or firearm, I'll take metal over plastic anytime, I enjoy what it does for my confidence. 1911 men are real MEN & WOMEN, you Glocker's are children tagging along.

Hey! Invisibleflashinthepan "Colt Custom Shop hard chromed plated model. And only have that cause I could not find it to sell until It was too late" I'm in the market!

Heat, Humidity and salt??

I purchase my firearms to handle threats, malcontents, bullies, MethHeads, Meatheads, home invaders, rapists, murderers, mental maniacs, devils, criminals and lawbreakers of every sort that might choose me as their next victim. And I trust my 1911 to do that, anywhere, anytime. Glock for me is like an ill fitting shirt, pair of trousers, or wedgie briefs; uncomfortable and distracting. And I'm not fond of reaching halfway up the piece to find the trigger then drag it all the way to the rear of the gun to make her go Bang then extending my finger like pointing at something to get a reset. Whether it's a vehicle, tool, fork or spoon or firearm, I'll take metal over plastic anytime, I enjoy what it does for my confidence. 1911 men are real MEN & WOMEN, you Glocker's are children tagging along.

Hey! Invisibleflashinthepan "Colt Custom Shop hard chromed plated model. And only have that cause I could not find it to sell until It was too late" I'm in the market!
Got to really disagree with your post that people who like/ use Glocks are children, I have both 1911’s and Glocks, you come off believing that the 1911 is all god mighty……..hello…. It’s not…. It’s a great design…. but it’s not the mighty lightening bolt of Zeus like you say, everyone has there opinion I understand that, but this is where we disagree

Back