testtest

The 6 Best Handguns From Turkey

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Nice article on the 6 best handguns manufactured in Turkey, good read, I know the Tisas 1911 is a real good buy and a great pistol for the beginner or experienced shooter/collector.

Nice article on the 6 best handguns manufactured in Turkey, good read, I know the Tisas 1911 is a real good buy and a great pistol for the beginner or experienced shooter/collector.

I’ve seen a lot of these guns at my favorite LGS as of late, good to know more about them.

i once owned the Canik TP9SF, and actually liked it, but i had sold it.

i now have the Canik METE SFx, and frankly, love it more than my other one. quite a few improvements over the older model and i got it for under the $575 list price.

the SAR B6 is (to me) a clone of another gun that i own, the all metal CZ 75 B, which i have had since 2020, and got that for just under list as well. the Czech Republic make great guns too.

the SAR is basically to me, an all polymer clone of a good gun. i know people that own SAR's, and love them.

i have the Tisas 1911 A1 as well, i posted pics of it in another thread. it's really a terrific 1911 for beginners or people like me, that like to "just have one" in his collection. i got that Tisas for under $450 if i recall.

you simply cannot beat the quality of some of these foreign made guns, after all, in those countries, they sell them to military and police, and must be up to specs. sure many are cheap, but, they work.

much like a High Point, which i do not own, nor want, which is priced under what, like $200..??

good enough for people just wanting "home protection" and simply cannot afford anything else, and they come with a lifetime warranty.

i really wanted the Israeli (IWI) made Masad, in 9mm and the Jericho in .45 ACP, but stocks had been scarce of those, and i am actually slowing way down now on my purchases.

i think too that if things continue with a "certain administration", some imports of some very fine hand guns and rifles may come to a stop. why lose out on some good quality, low priced great shooters, if you can pick one up now..???

I know many praise the Caniks, but I have seen 4 fail on the range. 3 at different handgun, shoot on the move, holster draw type classes I was at and my brothers during normal range time.

I am not sold on the gun. Turkish handguns just dont do it for me.

I’m sure there are plenty of excellent Turkish pistols out there.

I give them a hard pass. Regardless of inexpensive costs

Thanks for posting Anni, good read. I have 4 Turkish guns (2 Caniks and 2 SARs). I have the Canik TP9 Elite Combat and a just purchased Mete SFx. I love the "out of the box" triggers on the Caniks. The 2 SARs, are the listed B6 (bought it for a truck gun as an addition to my normal carry pistol), and the SAR K12 Sport, which is probably their Race gun category pistol.

i once owned the Canik TP9SF, and actually liked it, but i had sold it.

i now have the Canik METE SFx, and frankly, love it more than my other one. quite a few improvements over the older model and i got it for under the $575 list price.

the SAR B6 is (to me) a clone of another gun that i own, the all metal CZ 75 B, which i have had since 2020, and got that for just under list as well. the Czech Republic make great guns too.

the SAR is basically to me, an all polymer clone of a good gun. i know people that own SAR's, and love them.

i have the Tisas 1911 A1 as well, i posted pics of it in another thread. it's really a terrific 1911 for beginners or people like me, that like to "just have one" in his collection. i got that Tisas for under $450 if i recall.

you simply cannot beat the quality of some of these foreign made guns, after all, in those countries, they sell them to military and police, and must be up to specs. sure many are cheap, but, they work.

much like a High Point, which i do not own, nor want, which is priced under what, like $200..??

good enough for people just wanting "home protection" and simply cannot afford anything else, and they come with a lifetime warranty.

i really wanted the Israeli (IWI) made Masad, in 9mm and the Jericho in .45 ACP, but stocks had been scarce of those, and i am actually slowing way down now on my purchases.

i think too that if things continue with a "certain administration", some imports of some very fine hand guns and rifles may come to a stop. why lose out on some good quality, low priced great shooters, if you can pick one up now..???
Agreed Old_Me, I love the 4 Turkish guns I own (described in my previous post). I too have been looking for the same IWI handguns (Masada and Jericho), but haven't been successful in locating any.
And please share whatever technique you use to slow down additional gun purchases, as I could really used that with all the firearm related bills hitting me right now :sneaky: :LOL:

Agreed Old_Me, I love the 4 Turkish guns I own (described in my previous post). I too have been looking for the same IWI handguns (Masada and Jericho), but haven't been successful in locating any.
And please share whatever technique you use to slow down additional gun purchases, as I could really used that with all the firearm related bills hitting me right now :sneaky: :LOL:
E3E4F802-921B-419B-9ED1-4775E93BFB38.gif

I know many praise the Caniks, but I have seen 4 fail on the range. 3 at different handgun, shoot on the move, holster draw type classes I was at and my brothers during normal range time.

I am not sold on the gun. Turkish handguns just dont do it for me.

I’m sure there are plenty of excellent Turkish pistols out there.

I give them a hard pass. Regardless of inexpensive costs
of course, i wouldn't know why 4 failed. but i do know this, from a Canik website that i belong to, and that is, way too many Canik owners are "hot to trot", to switch out the triggers..

and again, i don't know why, when the Canik trigger is fantastic out of the box.

i suspect the failures could be the result of improper installation of the after market triggers.

my wife has my "pee-pee" on velcro, and takes it away from me when ever i leave the house.

so if i cannot have mine with me, my "size don't matter" how big a gun i buy that day..

what pisses me off though, is that if i wanna go to the strip club, what good is a lap dance for me as well..>?????

Not all Turkish firearms are created equally…

My MKE (Zenith import) Z5RS is a Turkish license-built HK MP5SF…all parts with my HK94’s are completely interchangeable, as are my stock of spare MP5 parts.

I was playing with a Tisas (or maybe Girsan? I forget) 1911 the other day…the first actually impressed me to the point that I broke it down to really get a look at it….and I’ve seen Colt’s with worse machining.

I’d say Turkey is the new Italy when it comes to clones.

of course, i wouldn't know why 4 failed. but i do know this, from a Canik website that i belong to, and that is, way too many Canik owners are "hot to trot", to switch out the triggers..

and again, i don't know why, when the Canik trigger is fantastic out of the box.

i suspect the failures could be the result of improper installation of the after market triggers.
All were stock pistols. Instructors asked if any mods when they failed

I have seen both of them for sale recently. Both of these guns are on my list. Although I am sure you will land them before I do. :-0

Lookie here. And from one of my favorite sellers.

Back