testtest

All 3 guilty in Arbery murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good.

You don’t get to chase someone down with a shotgun and then claim they attacked you when they defend themselves.

May they rot in prison for the rest of their natural lives.

Good.

You don’t get to chase someone down with a shotgun and then claim they attacked you when they defend themselves.

Agreed. I was waiting for this information thanks Hans for posting!!!
This was true murder and to claim self defense from a guy after you attack him with a shotgun and he has NOTHING to defend himself with was reprehensible.
Lock them up and let them rot.

Good.

This is a wonderful thing! They all deserve what they get, no matter how harsh.

Odd man out here. I find no glee in the misfortunes of another.

I'm in the dark; did not attend or follow the trial.

What is the history of the victim, to/with LE, the community?

Why did local law enforcement not react timely, did they know something or have past involvement?

No opportunity for rehabilitation - thought that was supposed to be a part of the "justice" system?

If the son was influenced by a hater/racist father he deserves no consideration for reform or a release at some point but must "rot in prison and in hell" as the others even if he serves as a "model" prisoner, acknowledges and is remorseful for and forsakes his bigotry?

So what is the point of the additional federal trial/cost/result for "hate" crime if this sentence results in life without?

Just ask'n.

This is a wonderful thing! They all deserve what they get, no matter how harsh.
Hmm 🤔
Interesting take on it, benstt.

Myself? I cannot describe it as ‘wonderful’; it’s more like ‘distasteful, but necessary and correct’ to me…
Far as the punishment, I don’t support sending anyone to a medieval torture dungeon; use capital punishment if it comes to that.
But absolutely, get them out of society. Which is what prison does.

Why did local law enforcement not react timely, did they know something or have past involvement?

No opportunity for rehabilitation - thought that was supposed to be a part of the "justice" system?

If the son was influenced by a hater/racist father he deserves no consideration for reform or a release at some point but must "rot in prison and in hell" as the others even if he serves as a "model" prisoner, acknowledges and is remorseful for and forsakes his bigotry?

So what is the point of the additional federal trial/cost/result for "hate" crime if this sentence results in life without?

Just ask'n.
I never found glee in the verdict, but felt the correct verdict was given from what I have read.

And the following is an opinion. My opinion. They killed a person. The one crime in which there is no going back, no way to recover or get past with any amount of counseling or treatment. For that crime, the punishment should be commiserate with the severity and finality of the offense.

Just ask'n.
I think the court in which the three were just convicted was a state court. It was for murder, not hate crimes. the hate crimes case was just charged. The three guys chased their victim down with a shotgun, impeded his travel, then killed him when he tried to get away from them. People get sent to prison for life for murder all the time; this one is not out of bounds. His prior contact with LE is irrelevant; a person in this country is arrested and charged for what they did at the time. Even if he had prior LE contacts (I can't speak to this as I don't know if they existed), civilians don't get to hold him at gunpoint over a highly suspect belief the victim committed a property crime.

What was said above is correct: you cannot trap a man, while carrying a shotgun, then kill him when he fights back and call it self defense. That's pretty severe conduct deserving of severe condemnation.

I agree rehabilitation should be a/the goal in our justice system but it isn't and never has been. There needs to be consistency when dealing with murderers like these and life in prison for their list of convictions is consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back