testtest

Does anyone else try

To normalize gun ownership? For example, and I know it's not tactically intelligent, I open carry everywhere. I've had no interaction but it's hard to miss a Glock 19 and a spare magazine in an appendix rig.
I also live in a purple state and county.
I live in a red state in a very red county. I never felt the need or desire to broadcast being armed. I understand why some do and personally I have no issue with it. I do see some positive impact in attempting to normalize it, but I think it's like trying to stay clean in a $h17 fight. There's just no way it's going to happen.

I live in a red state in a very red county. I never felt the need or desire to broadcast being armed. I understand why some do and personally I have no issue with it. I do see some positive impact in attempting to normalize it, but I think it's like trying to stay clean in a $h17 fight. There's just no way it's going to happen.
Quote of the day, “it's like trying to stay clean in a $h17 fight.”

To normalize gun ownership? For example, and I know it's not tactically intelligent, I open carry everywhere. I've had no interaction but it's hard to miss a Glock 19 and a spare magazine in an appendix rig.
Yes, quite often. I have some threads or posts on what works for me on the forum. I live in a blue state but one that has a lot of hunters outside the metro. Being a Democrat and a professional who also strongly supports 2A gives me a good platform to talk with the antis.

An oldie but a goodie... “you can’t polish a turd.”
Actually... funny you should say that. Ever hear the old saying "he doesn't know shot from Shinola "

A bit of background. Shinola was at one time the largest shoe shine wax in the business. The very start of the article has the origin of the phrase, according to folklore.

Yes! I find myself in the same position as Austin grows increasingly blue, from a more purple status it is in currently in now.

As i've stated a handful of times here I don't love the idea of open carry. I get why many are EDC'ers frown upon it. I do however, find myself open carrying on weekends if im going out and about to firearms-related functions or my LGS, big box retailer, Gun Range etc.

In doing so I will make stops along the way wherever my other errands may lead me that day. I love carrying my 1911 and it's a full size so it's pretty hard to conceal so I just opt to open carry it instead of having a giant grip sticking out the back of my shirt which I think looks more foolish lol.

Anyway, point being is I think it serves a "purpose" for lack of a better word, two-fold. I think it let's locals and born and raised Texans know that not every person moving here from out of state is anti 2A and is just the opposite, willing to embrace the culture and understands it. I think it shows a bit of acceptance. On the other aspect, I am hoping that it will show anti-2A that it's assinine to think everyone who has a gun is a bad person, and that inherently bad things happen from legal gun ownership.

Doing so often shows me who is and is not not from Texas originally, as i'll get looks or stares. But locals and natives often strike up a conversation with me and are far more receptive which is encouraging.

I'm not sure where I went with this, but it's something that i've been conflicting with for awhile now.

Thanks @Wannabewoodsman for bringing it up.

Actually... funny you should say that. Ever hear the old saying "he doesn't know shot from Shinola "

A bit of background. Shinola was at one time the largest shoe shine wax in the business. The very start of the article has the origin of the phrase, according to folklore.

My mom used to say it all the time. Never knee the meaning.

I live in a military town in SW Oklahoma, so this area is 2A friendly. I've seen quite a few folks open carrying and no one gives it a second thought.

I've only seen one of those with a quality holster. This individual was carrying a 1911 in a leather holster tucked tight to the body (very nice combination). All of the others had clip on polyester holsters that flopped around with each step taken. My wife never saw a thing.

Firearms ownership has been normal for me since my first purchase with my own funds at age seven.

Clearly, there is a case for both open & concealed.

I appreciate the open carry people as much as the "think it's concealed" folks with more tells than a poker player.

As time progresses, and as society continues to decay, open carry may dominate. Frankly, I'd enjoy the atmosphere of bygone days; when a man who did not carry was quickly noticed and thought of as "peculiar".

One of my Dad's favorites was that someone "didn't know s#(* from apple butter".

Back