testtest

FedEx Are You Kidding Me?

I had ordered (from Amazon) a suspension seat post for my bike, and in ordering found that they were made in and shipped from the UK., and I rec'd it within 5 days. The detailed tracking info included it going through customs when it arrived stateside. The entire shipping, handling and delivery was through DHL. 👍
I despise Amazon - think DHL may be an up and comer, I use them too.

My wife has friends in a small town in Indonesia. DHL does a fantastic job of estimating and updating packages going both ways. You get everything and its accurate. Its kind of funny though, once the package arrives in Indonesia on their island it has to fly out to Malaysia for customs and then fly back. DHL apologized for it taking 5 days from western PA to their mail drop in Indonesia because of Covid slowdowns in other countries around the world.
I opened my front door as the DHL driver was putting the seat post pkg on my porch. He then took a photo of the box, as it had some very slight damage to the corners, and he stated they do that to document any problems with possible damage complaints. Basically it was a CYA thing for them, which is a good idea I think. The 11' 6" kayak I ord'd yrs ago was shipped via DHL. No problems whatsoever.

My wife has friends in a small town in Indonesia. DHL does a fantastic job of estimating and updating packages going both ways. You get everything and its accurate. Its kind of funny though, once the package arrives in Indonesia on their island it has to fly out to Malaysia for customs and then fly back. DHL apologized for it taking 5 days from western PA to their mail drop in Indonesia because of Covid slowdowns in other countries around the world.
i worked for a trucking company, that had the DHL account. i used to drive from MA to Allentown, PA, and switch out trailers, and return.

great job, but the trucking company lost the contract, then DHL stopped operations in the states, at least for domestic deliveries. out of country deliveries are still being done, like yours was.

this was my company truck back then

5AGl7PnmIi0JIcEDijBxjd5XrbHsu8Tk4wcb2RmvaBvDjxsUSJdoGmZIXLyI4wRdrvQZWx7M5_fIWO2sWGbwJ8uMyYKHa8BBpFP21eICvyHfL8sh5UH__GCj2uUyJ3EEMlt5tWBE0AU9aque-R56fmsx-DSIrD4And0WikMeLsXF2uNT-CDmmXnHLqwlbmlwOINPXinwCTodbLTOR4M0wC3Q1kpOU3yDTZYwbrIukAJgx6fOSbCj3fTtIGDOmNmLGPkQJyhpd1Purb_lN9jDOO01nxXGAwuhxKE0LPSL6co78uzrhWD97Y1D0sfC18G1liRDQZiBwfcMlSgVkrzHMlMRSPu0GhaC3ksNDxT0PdWzOYlT6PZNYovGGlPEPg0X0hUoYkyMnkTGpTBBn8d34bQveCRCQtUuqQ_xx5hmH15wCe5wt358GGXd9pdfH1HWqZbLkfO-lPl5INcMc8BCFTFuy9OBvcCtbWnAlP7xbNctLXzBkG6VtTMdQ8uY9JN3z2KRRWoK9NdrllFuzwnNx0WKZutZoQDh5DUl0OqNP-ubdtOCcxP4v5j1nK6dZ_uaaNI1mPaohfm4q1mWxPHuf6ZiR1JdW2a6ZSwB3JLFJ9vPiJMDYHmgAuNSj2pL0usOGT2gD2TP4xkHd_TKEDLJa2MmJFA2v-FVGi5OeQPxdWsI9nvDipR7D6n6AeIYi1XruDeiO68xD0M3-HbdS8Zc6z4=w1250-h937-no

OMG! There to this day is no such thing as an "automatic" transmission that functions as it should in the tractor/trailer category of vehicles. They are getting there but for seasoned old school drivers like myself, I simply refuse to operate one. One of the best automatic transmissions for heavy vehicles is a hybrid adapted from fork lifts now used in the Diesel/Electric transit buses. They are great, with a no feel up/down shift that also holds the vehicle on the downgrade; there were only a few 8%+ grades in the US which required a bit of braking on the downhill.

In other news, I observe package delivery drivers taking photos of the package (with the address or building in view) even when/if the company does not require it to cover their hinny against damage/ failure to deliver / wrong delivery address / false non delivery claims. Smart.

OMG! There to this day is no such thing as an "automatic" transmission that functions as it should in the tractor/trailer category of vehicles. They are getting there but for seasoned old school drivers like myself, I simply refuse to operate one. One of the best automatic transmissions for heavy vehicles is a hybrid adapted from fork lifts now used in the Diesel/Electric transit buses. They are great, with a no feel up/down shift that also holds the vehicle on the downgrade; there were only a few 8%+ grades in the US which required a bit of braking on the downhill.

In other news, I observe package delivery drivers taking photos of the package (with the address or building in view) even when/if the company does not require it to cover their hinny against damage/ failure to deliver / wrong delivery address / false non delivery claims. Smart.
that transmission was "automated", (it still had a clutch) not a full on Allison automatic.

i kinda liked/hated it...

i would very often "forget" to put the clutch in at toll plazas, stop signs, red lights, and of course, the engine would stall.....

i hated when i did that.

Back