testtest

Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP .45 ACP

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP .45 ACP" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-springfield-armory-xd-m-elite-3-8-compact-osp-45-acp/.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP .45 ACP" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-springfield-armory-xd-m-elite-3-8-compact-osp-45-acp/.

Outstanding I’ve been waiting for this since I (sadly) sold my XDS 4.0, looks to be perfect, will there be extended mags for range work?

Got the 9mm Elite 3.8, Wanted to mention that the flared magwell will be removed on 99% of these pistols because a solid grip is not possible unless your hands are the size of a small child. Once removed and correct backstrap is chosen your hand will be absolutely and solidly locked in. Feels great in the hand. Super accurate and a pleasure to shoot and own.

Last edited:
I know this probably the wrong place to post, so forgive me.

I ordered an M1A Loaded and can't get a approximate delivery date. I don't care how long it's going to take. I would just like to know how long the lead time is on these rifles. Can anyone clue me in?

I know this probably the wrong place to post, so forgive me.

I ordered an M1A Loaded and can't get a approximate delivery date. I don't care how long it's going to take. I would just like to know how long the lead time is on these rifles. Can anyone clue me in?
The store you purchased your M1A loaded would be the best source for a delivery date. Did you purchase online or at a local shop?

Locally and he's not getting an expected delivery date from his distributor. I was just hoping to get an idea of how long other people are waiting.
Most likely he's not buying direct from SA and he's probably buying from a buyers group/distributor as most shops do, so it would be really tough for SA to answer when you're rifle would ship.

Local stores buy their firearms from distributors that deal in volume sales. These distributors buy large volume orders direct from the factory from all the major brands of firearms and sell them around the country to the local shops.

Negative.

As same as the 10mm version, full-sized .45 mags will work & the installed mag well will not inhibit their use. The full-sized mags will just stick out the grip further.
Well if you want to use the mag sleeve to match the back of your grip yes the mag well needs to come off.

If you just want the naked extended mag sticking out the bottom it will work. You are correct.

Personally if I'm using the extended mag I want the full uninterrupted grip like the full sized grip.

Last edited:
Well if you want to use the mag sleeve to match the back of your grip yes the mag well needs to come off.

If you just want the naked extended mag sticking out the bottom it will work. You are correct.

Personally if I'm using the extended mag I want the full uninterrupted grip like the full sized grip.
Ditto. Not only do I like the full grip given by the extended magazine but I get more rounds. The extended mag also gives me a more positive grip on the gun. I don’t like the feel of my pinky hanging off or resting on the the raised edge of the enlarged mag well attachment.

Question for all you that have OSP style pistols. Does your red dot stay on all the time, or do you have to turn it on after drawing your weapon? If it stays on all the time, what kind of battery life do you get out of it?

On my AR I have a motion activated red dot that turns on when it senses motion. It works great, however I doubt that would be the most efficient setup for a carry weapon, as it would have almost constant movement.

Just curious how it works for y'all

Question for all you that have OSP style pistols. Does your red dot stay on all the time, or do you have to turn it on after drawing your weapon? If it stays on all the time, what kind of battery life do you get out of it?

On my AR I have a motion activated red dot that turns on when it senses motion. It works great, however I doubt that would be the most efficient setup for a carry weapon, as it would have almost constant movement.

Just curious how it works for y'all
I have a Hellcat FDE OSP, it came with the WASP installed, the dot stays on all the time, battery is supposed to last around 65,000 hours or 2 years

Back