testtest

Looking For an Ankle Holster

I’m looking for an ankle holster for my Taurus M605
Since I’ve had good luck with Galco I found this.
3FD8783F-01F6-4B97-8B05-01534C06DAFF.jpeg

Does anyone have this or other ideas?

To be worn on the inside or outside of the ankle?
Its been many a year since I carried in that fashion but my thoughts are this: Lower leg would be a more appropriate term and location for carry. Whichever holster you decide on (in my experience and opinion) none of them will have sufficient padding next to the leg for really comfortable carry for long durations and especially for physical activity such as running. I customized mine with additional padding to suit my needs. Back in that day (and perhaps still?, I have no idea what is available now) no "ankle" holster came with a strap/loop that ran above the calf and just below the knee for optimum comfort/retention which I also self customized. I preferred to wear two matching rigs, one on each leg which for me gave a feeling of balance/comfort better than only one leg. No skinny peg leg trousers in my wardrobe. :)

I once considered an ankle holster for deep concealment. I mean that IS it's only viable function. Then I found the deep concealment, spandex infused undershirts. 1000 times more comfortable and infinitely more accessible.

I once considered an ankle holster for deep concealment. I mean that IS it's only viable function. Then I found the deep concealment, spandex infused undershirts. 1000 times more comfortable and infinitely more accessible.
I like that idea, beats having to bend down, pull up pants leg and pull gun.
Thanks. Where did you find those?

I like that idea, beats having to bend down, pull up pants leg and pull gun.
Thanks. Where did you find those?
5.11 has some, but you're going to pay for the name. I got several of these. They work great. In summer time just wear a wife beater under them otherwise your body sweat is likely to get on your pistol.

5.11 has some, but you're going to pay for the name. I got several of these. They work great. In summer time just wear a wife beater under them otherwise your body sweat is likely to get on your pistol.

I usually wear two shirts even in the summer, a t-shirt and an un-tucked Polo.
So extra shirts are not an issue. I’d like to find one of those shirts with the spandex gun holster part is down in the waist area and for a right hand cross draw. I’ll keep looking but great information.

I usually wear two shirts even in the summer, a t-shirt and an un-tucked Polo.
So extra shirts are not an issue. I’d like to find one of those shirts with the spandex gun holster part is down in the waist area and for a right hand cross draw. I’ll keep looking but great information.

I always wear a wife beater under whatever shirt I have on. I usually tuck it into my underwear that way IWB carry is more comfortable.

I've not seen any with the holster part in the waist area. But I do have a belly band that would do that rather easily. I have one, but I wore it up under the arms. That was before I found these shirts. Under the arm is completely undetectable with any cover garment. If you're going for around the waist why not just buy an IWB holster and put it on the other side, crossdraw.

When I was a kid playing cops and robbers I always carried my favorite shooting shell chrome snub nose in my jeans hip pocket, hated the shoulder holster it came with.

That habit has carried over lol...

I always wear a wife beater under whatever shirt I have on. I usually tuck it into my underwear that way IWB carry is more comfortable.

I've not seen any with the holster part in the waist area. But I do have a belly band that would do that rather easily. I have one, but I wore it up under the arms. That was before I found these shirts. Under the arm is completely undetectable with any cover garment. If you're going for around the waist why not just buy an IWB holster and put it on the other side, crossdraw.
Yes belly band is what I was thinking of👍
Now I’m thinking of something I can incorporate a back support wrap as well. My mind is now spinning with ideas.

I'm ignorant, but you already know that.........what is a wife beater??

Well I don't have the build of the dude in the advert; how do they work for you guys that have a buckle hiding gut?
Still got to wear an overgarment for concealment, correct?

Well I don't have the build of the dude in the advert; how do they work for you guys that have a buckle hiding gut?
Still got to wear an overgarment for concealment, correct?
Physique makes no difference. The gun rides under your armpit.

Wife beater is a tank top t-shirt. Think Samuel L Jackson.

Back