testtest

Firearm for wheelchair person

Have you tried using a speed racker? It's a handle on the slide that you could use on your arm, or the chair.
12046731_10153646070439932_9004673406168174609_n.jpg

I am in a wheelchair and only have limited use of my left hand no grip in my right. I can shoot a pistol by using my right hand for leverage and gripping and firing with the left. Anybody have an idea on pistol that has an easy slide to rack.

thanks
Randy
I know you only asked for recommendations on easy racking slides, but the article below from “Pew Pew Tactical” gives tips for Wheelchair shooters including racking devices like Tactical-Review mentioned. You probably know much if not all that is written within, but I figured I’d share regardless. I hope you find what you’re looking for and have a range you can make use of.

I know you only asked for recommendations on easy racking slides, but the article below from “Pew Pew Tactical” gives tips for Wheelchair shooters including racking devices like Tactical-Review mentioned. You probably know much if not all that is written within, but I figured I’d share regardless. I hope you find what you’re looking for and have a range you can make use of.

Awesome article BET7! 😁👍

@Randy wallis - Is there an instructor/school near you who can work specifically with your disabilit(y/ies) in order to assess what may or may not work for you, as well as how you can adapt either gear (i.e. while that slide-racker above is a worthy addition, the body of that Trijicon RMR itself is often used both as the primary means of actuating the slide by able-bodied shooters as well as to aid them in single-handed manipulations when practicing injury drills) or techniques to your specific needs?

I am in a wheelchair and only have limited use of my left hand no grip in my right. I can shoot a pistol by using my right hand for leverage and gripping and firing with the left. Anybody have an idea on pistol that has an easy slide to rack.

thanks
Randy
My S&W SHIELD 40CAL has a pretty easy slide rack .maybe go to a firearm store and try a few - Whats easy for some might not be for others

That’s a neat accessory Tactical.
First I got it because like everything else on my body, my hands give me trouble, so pinching the slide to rack it was a bit hard, but was doable. The downside is you can't carry the firearm in a holster other than a comp holster because the handle will stick you hard. Some you can swap what side of the firearm the handle is on. Another option is something like this. It doesn't stick out as far, but I still found it uncomfortable while carrying it. Non of that should be an issue for the OP. When I was in my wheelchair, I still kept my firearm on my person, but using a left handed holster for a right handed person you can mount the holster to the chair. I had considered doing that but never got that far. Another one I looked at looked like a claw I guess you could say, I do not recommend that style because it had very sharp edges. The one I posted first is nice because you only need a finger to rack the slide and it's really fast. You yank the slide back and when it gets to the end, your finger rolls over the top and the slide will close. The one below you still need to pinch with your thumb and index finger, but not as hard as with the slide alone.

1582087131317.png

Back