testtest

Recoil Reduction System

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
So on the John Stayer 50,000 round 1911 post in this forum, it mentioned him using a DPM Systems recoil reduction system.

it spiked my interest for some of my .45’s.

it can be used on all calibers, and they have one for just about every gun maker.

I ordered one and will give it a try for a good test.

anyone ever use one ?
or other recoil mitigation ?

i attached a pic for refer

Description from DPM

The DPM Recoil Reduction System is a direct replacement for the stock recoil rod and does not change the configuration of the gun. This system works due to the multi spring intricate rod (three springs) and controls the functionality of the gun. The third spring which is contained within the rod controls the movement of the slide so it never rams on the frame. Also accompanying this system are two separate springs so the owner can fine-tune the weapon for his/her personal standards.

The slide extended system is an innovation of DPM Systems Technologies and it is available only for the subcompact pistols.
A plug (bushing) is used in cooperation with the DPM Recoil Reducer System so as to create more space in the slide of subcompact pistols so these models can accommodate the DPM Mechanical recoil reduction system.

OVERALL ADVANTAGES

• Faster follow up shots
  • Improved firing speed
  • Slide and Frame Protection
  • Elimination of jams
  • Significant recoil reduction
  • Better double-tap concentration
  • Better control and greater accuracy

• Link to a USA dealer:
  • https://www.mountsplus.com/searchspring-search.html?q=dpm+recoil+reduction+system
  • ED63B0CA-98EE-4A57-B50A-76B0D8126DFB.jpeg

Anxious to hear your take on it. I like the snappy nature of my XDs, when I stick to it as my only shooter. But, when I switch to dad's old '51 Colt revolver...I can't hit the side of a barn, because I'm used to "shooting around" the recoil.

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you - keep us posted!

There have been variations of these things for many years. I tried one in a 1911 ages ago and didn't see any noticeable differences, so I went back to the standard set up in the 1911.

In others I just swap out recoil springs every few K rounds in the others.

So on the John Stayer 50,000 round 1911 post in this forum, it mentioned him using a DPM Systems recoil reduction system.

it spiked my interest for some of my .45’s.

it can be used on all calibers, and they have one for just about every gun maker.

I ordered one and will give it a try for a good test.

anyone ever use one ?
or other recoil mitigation ?

i attached a pic for refer

Description from DPM

The DPM Recoil Reduction System is a direct replacement for the stock recoil rod and does not change the configuration of the gun. This system works due to the multi spring intricate rod (three springs) and controls the functionality of the gun. The third spring which is contained within the rod controls the movement of the slide so it never rams on the frame. Also accompanying this system are two separate springs so the owner can fine-tune the weapon for his/her personal standards.

The slide extended system is an innovation of DPM Systems Technologies and it is available only for the subcompact pistols.
A plug (bushing) is used in cooperation with the DPM Recoil Reducer System so as to create more space in the slide of subcompact pistols so these models can accommodate the DPM Mechanical recoil reduction system.

OVERALL ADVANTAGES

There is a little known company named GLOCK with gen4 duel spring, but that's not all that new.

I use STI Recoil Master guide rods on all my 5" 1911's and think they are great. They mitigate recoil and make racking the slide easier. They are also available for Commander sized Bull barrel but for some reason not other Commanders. I believe STI ships all there guns with them. Most sub compacts and micros have a similar system.

A 1 minute conversion with the DPM system. Super simple. Black and green is the OEM spring.

seems to have more tension as you rack the slide. about 3/4 way back you get a stiffer resistance over oem but not overtly stiff

prob wont be able to fire until Monday, but with luck with to range tomorrow unless the honey do’s keep piling up 😫
3658186A-F3F3-4070-86B7-FD7C8E6C939E.jpeg
C793377F-D0CB-4E33-8B90-22D9CFADEE3D.jpeg
9A5363EC-1F51-4324-90D6-70D2FFAF1728.jpeg
E7192CB4-DD3F-4A9B-BAB1-7EF35813BDD1.jpeg
EA5D2808-CFEA-471B-ADA2-CB8341DE8B85.jpeg

I was able to test the DPM system today.

fantastic for my .45
Sig Legion 220

Took about 50% of the recoil “snap” out of the gun. Provided quicker return to target and was able to double tap quite efficiently .
Ran 24 rounds on DPM then put stock spring back in and ran 24 rounds.

big difference on recoil between the 2

bottom line: Worked as stated and perfect for my .45

Would I do it for my 9mm .... prob not. I’m not a competition shooter and the recoil effects on my 9mm provide me no issue for a mid-full size gun.
i bet it would benefit small Conceal Carry 9mm quite effectively though.

was well worth the $70 and will go on all my .45’s/1911’s

Back