testtest

Ukraine… Will Russia Invade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hear it.
Forum thoughts?

I say Putin goes for it. What does he have to lose? Stern warnings, Pipeline cancel? He doesnt care.
Remember, Putin is old school KGB. He doesn't expect the west to challenge him militarily. Sanctions, he could care less.

US, Canada, France, Germany , etc, could send 5000 troops to Ukraine for “exercises”. Not enough to defend, but enough to put NATO troops in harms way for Russia to rethink

I think they will. They know this administration doesn’t have the backbone to do anything other than teleprompter lip service.

Eventually we will wake up one morning to the same environment that our parents awoke to on Dec 8th, 1941. The problem is many Americans can't survive in an era of sacrifice and lack of all the conveniences folks take for granted. I'm afraid our country will collapse in short order should China's flow of goods be cut off.

Trump was right. Critical materials and durable goods need to be made here in the USA for several reasons. It is stupid to rely on potential enemies for critical supplies.
I can't remember where I read this but a nations economy is indicative of its status. Once services and recycling become the dominant industry it is in decline. I believe we took that turn a while ago.

Eventually we will wake up one morning to the same environment that our parents awoke to on Dec 8th, 1941. The problem is many Americans can't survive in an era of sacrifice and lack of all the conveniences folks take for granted. I'm afraid our country will collapse in short order should China's flow of goods be cut off.
We should never underestimate our enemies. Likewise they should never underestimate American courage and resolve. I have the privilege of knowing many currently serving warriors, and have no doubt as to their willingness to defend America. What I worry about is the nature of our leadership, but I think strong leaders will emerge to serve in times of crisis. Sometimes I think a Pearl Harbor style attack is what it will take to get American policy back on track.

We should never underestimate our enemies. Likewise they should never underestimate American courage and resolve. I have the privilege of knowing many currently serving warriors, and have no doubt as to their willingness to defend America. What I worry about is the nature of our leadership, but I think strong leaders will emerge to serve in times of crisis. Sometimes I think a Pearl Harbor style attack is what it will take to get American policy back on track.

I'd like to think that, but modern history has shown us it is unlikely. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 what happened ? With a republican president and a " United" America and congress. 19 Afghans and Saudis attack 3 high profile targets on US soil with planes and kill over 3000 people. So we invade Iraq. Then pass that POS unconstitutional " Patriot Act". Then elect a guy named Barrack Hussein Obama.

I have no faith in our "Leaders".

I'd like to think that, but modern history has shown us it is unlikely. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 what happened ? With a republican president and a " United" America and congress. 19 Afghans and Saudis attack 3 high profile targets on US soil with planes and kill over 3000 people. So we invade Iraq. Then pass that POS unconstitutional " Patriot Act". Then elect a guy named Barrack Hussein Obama.

I have no faith in our "Leaders".
I agree with your lack of faith in our leaders. What we have to a large extent are not leaders but career politicians who are in it to server themselves. True leaders are immediately apparent vice careerists, because they are there to serve others. Good men and women are there. As a good friend once said, how many competent leaders want to run for office and subject themselves to such media abuse? True leaders will emerge in times of great conflict, and leadership will look nothing like what we have seen in recent times.

I agree with your lack of faith in our leaders. What we have to a large extent are not leaders but career politicians who are in it to server themselves. True leaders are immediately apparent vice careerists, because they are there to serve others. Good men and women are there. As a good friend once said, how many competent leaders want to run for office and subject themselves to such media abuse? True leaders will emerge in times of great conflict, and leadership will look nothing like what we have seen in recent times.
One can only hope.

I agree. The only way to deal with a bully is to call his bluff.
It's scary how many Americans back Putin. Tucker's been making excuses for him and criticizing NATO. It'd be great if there wasn't a contingent in our country who think it's a good idea. Shooting wars are bad.

It's scary how many Americans back Putin. Tucker's been making excuses for him and criticizing NATO. It'd be great if there wasn't a contingent in our country who think it's a good idea. Shooting wars are bad.
Shooting wars are bad.
What needs to happen is the world understands that we will ruin their day. Reagan vs Russia and the cold war. Russia knew and didnt trust Reagan because they knew he would not hesitate.

Here's the deal. For those with age enough to remember the Russian response during the Cold War war was "we will not fire a shot but take you from within". Seems to me that plan is working well, with "Agents" of other nations now serving in Politics, Intel, and even a not so small population of US citizens voting for them and preferring a Communist model over Democracy. China has us by the short hairs with manufacturing/supply. In reality, it is Wall Street/the Stockmarketers/dividend demanding retired folks on the golf green in Florida that dictate low priced products by slave/foreign labor over quality products produced by employment of their own neighbors. Had to swallow and admit but the real enemy is "us".

Shooting wars are bad.
What needs to happen is the world understands that we will ruin their day. Reagan vs Russia and the cold war. Russia knew and didnt trust Reagan because they knew he would not hesitate.
Our current administration is nothing like past administrations, we are currently the laughing stock around the world.
We have allowed other countries to purchase a large amount of our infrastructure including companies.
The biggest problem in politics is no matter what side of the isle it’s all about personal power, we vote people into office then those who have promised to support them leave them wondering what their priorities are.

It’s interesting that Trump was no friend of NATO which used to really wind me up because my parents survived The Blitz and then Biden says we won’t honor Article 5 and I think then what’s the point of NATO? If we don’t have the stones to honor Article 5, then no one will. And what kind of example are we setting for future generations. I barely recognize the world anymore.
Trump did not dislike NATO he disliked the fact that the other members of NATO were not paying their fair share. They expected the protection of NATO but when the bill comes for their fair share they don't pay. The US then looks the other way and when NATO runs short the US opens their purse strings and ponies up more. It has been going on for decades and our previous administrations looked the other way as to not anger our allies. Trump never had a problem calling them out. Same deal with the UN...

I have wondered why the current Love affair between China and Russia (the two leaders suggesting they are/could be allies) has not happened before now. Of course they each may remain enemies to each other but Allies against the USA?
If the two were to coordinate/oppose the US in unison...........could be a game changer and a brand new game.........

Why Putin wanted to wait on the weather …. Doh !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back