testtest

A Case For The Defensive Big-Bore Revolver

This is what it looked like, big budda boom…..
1646066792394.jpeg

I took this off the hands of an idjit that was using it as a carry gun. No reasonable person would consider a 500 mag to be an appropriate carry weapon unless you were in the Alaskan wilderness or roaming around out in bear country. I think I did the world a favor taking it off his hands.

View attachment 25201
With the proper loads, it’s entirely appropriate for anywhere.

Who are you to smugly decide what someone else should be carrying?

With the proper loads, it’s entirely appropriate for anywhere.

Who are you to smugly decide what someone else should be carrying?
Someone who has seen a 500 magnum round travel through 64” of ballistics gel, through the back stop and keep going. That’s who.

The defensive HP bullets travelled almost 40" through the gel. That enough to go through 3 grown men back to back.

Last edited:
Someone who has seen a 500 magnum round travel through 64” of ballistics gel, through the back stop and keep going. That’s who.

The defensive HP bullets travelled almost 40" through the gel. That enough to go through 3 grown men back to back.

Yes, a round designed to penetrate will do that. Rounds not designed to do that usually won’t.

And you should always apply rule 4, no?

Yes, a round designed to penetrate will do that. Rounds not designed to do that usually won’t.

And you should always apply rule 4, no?
I just told you how far the factory defensive ammo travelled through ballistics gel, leaving a wound cavity the size of a 12 ga slug. If you feel comfortable with your assessment of your 500 magnum rounds, you do you. The consequences of that, should you ever have to draw that weapon, are between you, your god and the judge. There is no way you will ever convince me that a 500 is an appropriate carry weapon.

Here is a pretty cool video of what happened to a ballistic head, one designed to replicate an actual human head with bone structure and all. The 9mm went through the head as expected. The 500 actually blew the skull completely out of the ballistic head.

I just told you how far the factory defensive ammo travelled through ballistics gel, leaving a wound cavity the size of a 12 ga slug. If you feel comfortable with your assessment of your 500 magnum rounds, you do you. The consequences of that, should you ever have to draw that weapon, are between you, your god and the judge. There is no way you will ever convince me that a 500 is an appropriate carry weapon.
you said you removed such a gun from someone.

then you were asked, who are you to have done so to that person?

you a cop?

people that have a CCW qualify for the gun caliber they can carry, for instance, i qualified on a .45 ACP, so i can carry any gun caliber "up to" that 45.

that's in my state. i presume other states one does not need a permit to carry?

why did you see fit to take a gun away from someone?

again, are you a cop?

and what are the carry laws and calibers in YOUR state, where YOU did this..??

Nice Anni, and good article posting. Here's one of my Big Bore "Carry" guns (S&W PC 10.5" 500 S&W Magnum) :sneaky:

View attachment 25204
You are going to need some suspenders for that thing
500 mag long.jpg

you said you removed such a gun from someone.

then you were asked, who are you to have done so to that person?

you a cop?

people that have a CCW qualify for the gun caliber they can carry, for instance, i qualified on a .45 ACP, so i can carry any gun caliber "up to" that 45.

that's in my state. i presume other states one does not need a permit to carry?

why did you see fit to take a gun away from someone?

again, are you a cop?

and what are the carry laws and calibers in YOUR state, where YOU did this..??

No one asked that, nor did I say that. I said, "I took this off the hands of an idjit".

Are you worried I'm a cop?

There are no caliber constraints that I am aware of. You can qualify with a 22.

Again, are you worried I am a cop?

No, I am not a LEO.

You are going to need some suspenders for that thing
View attachment 25206

No one asked that, nor did I say that. I said, "I took this off the hands of an idjit".

Are you worried I'm a cop?

There are no caliber constraints that I am aware of. You can qualify with a 22.

Again, are you worried I am a cop?

No, I am not a LEO.
how do you mean, you took it off the hands of an idiot?

you a gun store owner?

you an gun range RSO?

explain yourself.

who are/were you to take a gun away from someone, then not explain it?

this is what you said....
"I took this off the hands of an idjit that was using it as a carry gun. No reasonable person would consider a 500 mag to be an appropriate carry weapon unless you were in the Alaskan wilderness or roaming around out in bear country. I think I did the world a favor taking it off his hands."

again, who are you to take something away from someone and think they have no right to carry what they want to carry..??

you some sort of "God of the gun"?

you made a comment, and were asked now (more than once) to explain yourself, very simple really.

Last edited:
how do you mean, you took it off the hands of an idiot?

you a gun store owner?

you an gun range RSO?

explain yourself.

who are/were you to take a gun away from someone, then not explain it?

this is what you said....

again, who are you to take something away from someone and think they have no right to carry what they want to carry..??

you some sort of "God of the gun"?

you made a comment, and were asked now (more than once) to explain yourself, very simple really.
Yes, I am "God of the gun"

Back