testtest

NRA

Oh no JJ! Now you went and did it. :eek:
F31E0B37-7275-4EAD-B6A8-9C6B750CEDE2.gif

There is a grass roots movement to make changes at the NRA. Wayne Tait is the primary person I have been following, but there are others. I bullet voted for Wayne because if he is willing to give up his time to try to change things, I am willing to give him the chance to do that.

Back before I retired, I was on the Board of Directors in a state-wide professional associations. We had an Executive Director, and the Board members were all volunteers. The Executive Director's job was the day-to-day running of things and lobbying politicians. The Board listened and did our best to be sure things were being done like they should be. I understand the NRA Board has included quite a few folks who use the position just to make themselves "look good." Besides being a 75 member Board (which is ridiculous), most of the Board likely listens to WLP and believes what he is saying. Over the years, from what I understand, he has surrounded himself with "yes" people, and I guess the temptation, with the "star" status he had with politicians and the media and all the money the organization had was too great. It would be easy to see obscenely wealthy actors, politicians, etc. riding around on private jets, wearing expensive suits, etc. and feel like you were "one of them" and should be doing that too. WLP needs to retire. The NRA is our best hope as believers in the 2A. We are the NRA and we need to fix it if we can.

"it's more difficult to discern truth from disinformation...." very few truer words were ever spoken. I'm often afraid to even form an opinion based on anything I read on the computer anymore.(y)(y)(y)

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Ben Franklin, probably
I'm careful to believe what's said online (especially current events in Ukraine) and absolutely NEVER TRUST what the MSM is lying about on any given day! I stopped trusting the MSM over 35 years ago on account of how they lie like dogs about guns, 2A, the average law-abiding gun owner, etc!

Media weapon Guns Liberty.png

I honestly don't know what NRA members can do to reassert control over the association. WLP has concentrated all the power in the organization to himself alone over the last 25 years or so, and engineered the NRA's elections for BoD to favor only people who would be his 'yes men' (and women). As a consequence, we can't get Wayne fired and we can't replace the BoD, either. I do not see any options going forward.

Now, as an ex-NRA guy, I just hope that that commie Letitia James utterly fails at destroying the NRA (to avoid a precedent that would threaten the very existence of ALL other 2A orgs)!! But I also hope that the NRA simply dies on the vine because they are worse than useless. All of the other 2A orgs are already doing everything that the NRA should have been doing all along... Legislative activism, Legal challenges to all infringements, firearm education, instructional courses and certifications, etc. ...BUT, most of all, NRA keeps compromising away our Rights by cutting closed-door deals with politicians!

View attachment 25391

This is not an attack on the members of the NRA. If anything, I feel sorry for y'all. I left a long time ago because I discovered all of the facts in the meme posted above are verifiable and 100% truthful. We have all been betrayed by those who claimed to represent us.
I said my bit about the NRA and wasn't going to engage with detractors, but this nonsense I will not let stand. I'm responding directly to your "100% truthful" meme, which is false.

The 1930's, I don't know, and I don't care. This is now.

The NRA opposed the GCA of 1968. The demands of the supporters were far more draconian than what got passed, because of the NRA. You could say thank you.

The NRA did support the Firearm Owners Protection Act in 1986. That was a mostly positive law for gun owners. But no machine guns for you.

The 90's I remember well. That was my political awakening. I voted for Clinton the first time, realized I made a big mistake, and became part of the Republican Revolution. I became an NRA member. The NRA did not support the Gun Free School Zone Act.

The NRA did not support the 1993 Brady Bill. It was a waiting period law. The NRA supported the instant check system, which is what we got. No five day wait. You could say thank you.

The NRA vehemently opposed the 1994 "Assault Weapon Ban." We lost, but the sunset provision got put in, and it sunsetted. You could say thank you.

Bump stocks, I'm not really sure. Not a hill to die on, as far as I'm concerned.

The NRA has not supported "Red Flag Laws." I've received a million alerts from them calling on members to oppose these laws in numerous states, including my own.

Are you getting the picture yet? Without the NRA, our right to keep and bear arms would have gone the way of Great Britain long ago, and everything you take for granted now wouldn't even be conceivable to you.

Last edited:
I to was a member twice over the years but was ultimately turned off by the constant begging “yes begging” for more money, I have no issues with current members and their belief in the program however after hearing about the money mismanagement I can not bring myself to join again. I firmly believe upper management needs to go.

I said my bit about the NRA and wasn't going to engage with detractors, but this nonsense I will not let stand. I'm responding directly to your "100% truthful" meme, which is false.

The 1930's, I don't know, and I don't care. This is now.

The NRA opposed the GCA of 1968. The demands of the supporters were far more draconian than what got passed, because of the NRA. You could say thank you.

The NRA did support the Firearm Owners Protection Act in 1986. That was a mostly positive law for gun owners. But no machine guns for you.

The 90's I remember well. That was my political awakening. I voted for Clinton the first time, realized I made a big mistake, and became part of the Republican Revolution. I became an NRA member. The NRA did not support the Gun Free School Zone Act.

The NRA did not support the 1993 Brady Bill. It was a waiting period law. The NRA supported the instant check system, which is what we got. No five day wait. You could say thank you.

The NRA vehemently opposed the 1994 "Assault Weapon Ban." We lost, but the sunset provision got put in, and it sunsetted. You could say thank you.

Bump stocks, I'm not really sure. Not a hill to die on, as far as I'm concerned.

The NRA has not supported "Red Flag Laws." I've received a million alerts from them calling on members to oppose these laws in numerous states, including my own.

Are you getting the picture yet? Without the NRA, our right to keep and bear arms would have gone the way of Great Britain long ago, and everything you take for granted now wouldn't even be conceivable to you.
  • You say you won't let my comment stand, but then in the same breath you say you don't care and dismiss the issue with NFA and FFA because it happened 'a long time ago'. That's exactly the mindset of the anti's and their baloney 'Constitution is over 200 years old and is outdated' canard. Epic fail, dude.
  • NRA supported the '68 GCA till a certain provision was added by amendment and only then did the NRA 'oppose' it. They were fine with all the gun control before that amendment, so no, you're not just wrong, you're being ignorant.
  • NRA helped write FOPA and that's how they sold it to gun owners but promptly compromised away our 2A by letting the other side add the antigun additions to the bill. At that point, the proper course of action would have been for the NRA to call every Congressman on the pro-gun side and tell them to spike the tainted bill... but the NRA didn't, and so now law abiding civilian ownership of machine guns is infringed to the point that a whole class of firearms regardless of age or modernity is unattainable to the vast majority of Americans. Except Wayne. His overpaid position affords him to have machine guns anyway and he doesn't give a "F" if guys like you or me can't, because he thinks we're beneath him. Again, your ignorance of what happened there is telling.
  • 1990's. Wrong, period. You have no facts to support your false claim. For example, the NRA was willing to compromise and said "you can have your ban if you add a sunset clause", so the other side (expecting to be able to remove the sunset in subsequent legislation) accepted the compromise and assented. That wasn't an NRA win, that was the other side "blinking". This was before the antigun clowns realized that their cause was gonna get slaughtered in the 'Contract With America' initiative and the imminent Republican takeover in Congress.
  • Right after that, REAL NRA supporters tried to save the Association from WLP. The only thing that kept WLP from being ousted were the backroom deals and chicanery of his supporters. When he survived the attempt to oust him, he immediately set out to insulate himself from any and all future attempts to hold him accountable, which I outlined in another post. Since then, his corruption has rotted the leadership of the organization. Anyone who isn't a loyal yes-man gets isolated and eventually ousted by the insiders.
  • The fact you know nothing about the bump stock issue shows you're a low-information mushroom for WLP. Mushroom as in enjoying sitting in the dark and having Radioactive Wayne's bravo sierra shoveled on you. The bump stock issue started with WLP meeting with Trump and demanding that Trump compromise with the other side and direct BATF to ban the stocks, or NRA would withdraw their endorsement of him, something that Trump believed would have cost him in 2020. The one time I saw Trump get hoodwinked EVER. He KNEW that gun owners got him elected, but not being a part of the 2A community, did NOT know that NRA membership only accounts for 1/20th of all gun owners of America, and I am generously rounding up on that percentage.
  • Also, the reason why the bump stock issue is so critical is because it opened the door for BATF to reclassify ANY GUN PART as a 'machine gun' even though the BATF is not authorized to rewrite laws that define what a thing is!! As a direct consequence, now the BATF is looking to redefine other things like pistol braces, receivers, triggers, and even rewrite the very definition of a FIREARM.
  • Finally, Josh Powell (there with WLP when he met Trump) pushed even harder on the Red Flag stuff. To Trump's credit, he knew he couldn't roll with 2 antigun executive actions & survive the 2020 election, so he simply ignored Powell's appeal. BUT Powell DID make a video that was on NRA's website explaining that NRA DID support Red Flags like the kind Indiana has - and since I'm originally from Indiana, this was a hot button for me!! Anyway, Trump getting strongarmed on gun policy is likely why he didn't have a complete landslide victory in 2020, and that is probably because he lost a LOT of libertarian-leaning conservatives who never forgot or forgave that.
  • Britain and Australia did not have a 'Gun Owners of ~' or their own version of FPC. We do, and THAT THERE is what made the difference. Since 1975, GOA's activism has increased over the years and has picked up the slack where NRA simply was not doing their job. Instead, other 2A groups' victories were poached and claimed by NRA as their 'own efforts'. Claiming the 2nd Amendment only stands because of the NRA is a LIE directly from the mouth of WLP! If anything, the 2nd Amendment stands IN SPITE OF THE NRA. As GOA, JPFO, SAF, CCRKBA (and then more recently, FPC) increased their efforts, this quite literally was shaming the NRA leadership and forced the NRA to up their game. I liked this and so for a time, I was a GOA lifer as well as an NRA lifer. I only repudiated my life membership when Wayne LaPierre started shilling for an antigun bill that the NRA justified as "preemptively crafting gun legislation" that infringed on our gun rights to a lesser degree than what the other side would do. He told the RINOs in Congress it was 'a pro-gun bill they can stand behind', and lied about the same bill to the NRA membership in 'Americas 1st Freedom' at the time. I know this because what he said in print bore no relation to the bill as introduced in 2007 - and unlike you, I read things. I read the bill, so I know of what I speak.
Look... before you start calling someone a liar and whatnot, do your fricking homework FIRST. Like I did. And no, not a 5 min. Google search, either. Dig deeper. Also, don't call someone with legitimate concerns a 'detractor' when decades ago the then-head of the NRA stated in the American Rifleman that they were OK with "reasonable gun laws" (and now you know why the other side is so wedded to that phrase)!! The NRA has inflicted their own wounds, and I do not need to fabricate or exaggerate that. I did not wreck the NRA, Wayne did. If you wanna hate me, I don't care. But don't speak of that which you know nothing, and attack another gun owner because of your ignorance. Fortunately, ignorance can be remedied. Don't compound that with the stupidity of attacking someone who is not your enemy!

Never shoot the messenger.

This was a bit of a rant, but I think it's deserved. If you wish to be a real 2A activist, you need to arm yourself with knowledge. Believe me, I was ignorant before I had facts, but I didn't attack people who challenged my assumptions. In fact, let me conclude by saying IF the BoD of the NRA should choose wisely and fire Wayne in order to save the NRA, and they replace that tool with a REAL HARDCORE 2A ATTACK DOG, I'll GLADLY REJOIN & RESUME MY SUPPORT in time and treasure, and if they stay the course I may even get a new lifetime membership!
Understand that all I am interested in is ACCOUNTABILITY. Accountability for state and federal representatives, for government executives, for government agencies, and for 2A orgs that represent all gun owners. So do everyone a favor & let it go, and so will I. We do NOT have to agree on everything, or even a lot of things. We just have to agree to pull in the same direction. You have your preferred group, I have mine, and I will never call you a fudd, or fudd boomer, etc. as long as you understand I have what I believe are completely valid concerns even if you completely disbelieve those reasons. The antigun gang is the enemy, not any of us. [Fin.]

I to was a member twice over the years but was ultimately turned off by the constant begging “yes begging” for more money, I have no issues with current members and their belief in the program however after hearing about the money mismanagement I can not bring myself to join again. I firmly believe upper management needs to go.
Yes they do! Problem is, I cannot conceive of how that may be done under the current bylaws and the people WLP has carefully selected to be on the BoD. Wayne knew the rules well because he essentially had them re-written, and it was rubber-stamped by friendly Directors. With rule changes in place, he set about the process of eventually weeding out any and all reformers, such that there would be no way for voting NRA members to remove enough bad directors in every election and get new reformers on the Board. No nonprofit org has anywhere even close to 76 Directors on their board, not even within 50. It is deliberately cumbersome and makes substantive change impossible even if 95% of the voting members vote for reformers!

If someone really knows of a good way to fix things, I would love to hear it, because after studying the bylaws, it is apparent to me that the membership as a whole has zero control of the association at this point. ☹️😢

Has the NRA always been perfect ? No. My father resigned his membership over the bump stock thing and really more over the red flag law, which the NRA initially supported. By the way my old man doesn't know what a bump stock is nor does he have a rifle one would fit on.

Nevertheless, as I said a million times here, the NRA has more members, more money and way more political clout than any other gun rights organization. I kind of agree that they jump in on suits by other organizations, but those organizations, if you notice, aren't complaining about it. It helps them immensely. Why? Because there isn't a congress critter in existence that is afraid of the GOA. Hillary didn't say the GOA was her biggest enemy and the leftists and media haven't been demonizing the GOA for years. Why ? Because they aren't afraid of them.

WLP is a :poop: bag and needs to go. Everyone knows it. Nugent resigned over it. I don't pretend to know the inner workings of the NRA executive machine, but I support any attempt by them to oust WLP. I will however, not support:poop: canning the entire organization. Anyone who thinks abandoning the NRA isn't playing right into the hands of the politicians that want to destroy it is fooling themselves.

I support these other gun rights organizations. I also predict that in a few years we're going to see their top executives riding around in limos and wearing $1500 suits.

Has the NRA always been perfect ? No. My father resigned his membership over the bump stock thing and really more over the red flag law, which the NRA initially supported. By the way my old man doesn't know what a bump stock is nor does he have a rifle one would fit on.

Nevertheless, as I said a million times here, the NRA has more members, more money and way more political clout than any other gun rights organization. I kind of agree that they jump in on suits by other organizations, but those organizations, if you notice, aren't complaining about it. It helps them immensely. Why? Because there isn't a congress critter in existence that is afraid of the GOA. Hillary didn't say the GOA was her biggest enemy and the leftists and media haven't been demonizing the GOA for years. Why ? Because they aren't afraid of them.

WLP is a :poop: bag and needs to go. Everyone knows it. Nugent resigned over it. I don't pretend to know the inner workings of the NRA executive machine, but I support any attempt by them to oust WLP. I will however, not support:poop: canning the entire organization. Anyone who thinks abandoning the NRA isn't playing right into the hands of the politicians that want to destroy it is fooling themselves.

I support these other gun rights organizations. I also predict that in a few years we're going to see their top executives riding around in limos and wearing $1500 suits.
Agreed. 👆👆👆

I too accepted that the NRA isn't perfect, but they are far from even being effective or even doing much good. I said before that if the BoD were to surprise us and fire Wayne, get a real 2A attack dog of an EVP who refuses to ever compromise, and I'll be happy to re-up and resume donations.
The NRA has lost its clout. The politicians only play up the NRA, because it's a paper tiger and they don't want the public to know about the pair of 800lb. gorillas called GOA and FPC. Fact of the matter is, antigun Dems HAVE IN FACT SPOKE ILL of GOA. Here's a good quote from back when the NRA wasn't in freefall:
GOA Harry Reid Worse Than Bad.png

The NRA is practically bankrupt. Since 2015, NRA's expenditures have outpaced revenue every year until now, mainly because of Wayne & his top people (such as Josh Powell before his ouster) and Wayne's shark, Atty. WIlliam Brewer all getting paid at least a million every year for many years. When the truth got out what was being done in secret at NRA HQ, all the top NRA donors have halted their donations and even many rank-and-file members are letting their dues lapse, again in protest of the corruption.

Like many, I'll be very happy to resume my previous relationship with NRA when they finally choose to do the right thing. If the NRA goes the way of the dodo bird, it will be the fault of the BoD and them alone, because all this is self-inflicted. They have lost the support and funding from the vast majority of members, people who are now joining GOA and FPC and throwing all their 2A money and involvement towards those groups. I believe that 10 years ago, NRA had 6-7 million members and GOA had 3 million. Now the numbers have flipped according to my sources and both GOA and FPC have seen their support grow by roughly 3 million and 1-2 million, respectively, and NRA has lost at least 4 million. Essentially, the numbers have been flipped.

If you don't know the Execs at GOA & FPC, I believe it's a bit disparaging to assume they will become as corrupt as Wayne. Both groups are lean operations that even though have both been blessed with a surge in members, they don't let the extra support go to their heads - they keep putting every penny in their budgets into the fight, and it's making a difference; the antigun groups really do fear them and dare not speak of them lest they get sued MORE. We have been making HUGE 2A successes through direct activism, court challenges and legislative victories, EVEN NOW with the Commiecrats holding the House - both Congress and 1600 Pennsy.

GOA Bartlett Endorsement.png
David Clarke Sheriff - GOA endorsement.png

GOA stevedaines2.png
FPC The Real 99 Percent - Join.png

I want the NRA to survive and for Letitia James to utterly fail. If the NRA gets canceled, ALL the other 2A orgs WILL BE NEXT, because then the precedent will be set. But as long as the NRA is dying a lingering death, we'll still suffer. The best outcome would be Wayne getting the boot and the BoD reforming itself in the manner outlined by the Save the Second group of NRA reformers, but literally the only way for that to happen is for the BoD to throw WLP off the bus. I'm sure that IF that happens, the NRA will spring back to life as people come flocking back! I know I would come back, and even ante up & be an NRA lifer one more time.

Thought I would add this link to this post, just saw and read it

Thanks - I trust David Codrea. He broke open the story of Fast & Furious with Mike Vanderboegh. And I'm happy that the commie witch of NY was just denied the legal nuke that she wanted to vaporize the NRA. If WLP can be removed from his perch by the courts, then the BoD may be able to go forward without being put on Wayne's fecal list and pigeonholed.

I too accepted that the NRA isn't perfect, but they are far from even being effective or even doing much good. I said before that if the BoD were to surprise us and fire Wayne, get a real 2A attack dog of an EVP who refuses to ever compromise, and I'll be happy to re-up and resume donations.
The NRA has lost its clout. The politicians only play up the NRA, because it's a paper tiger and they don't want the public to know about the pair of 800lb. gorillas called GOA and FPC. Fact of the matter is, antigun Dems HAVE IN FACT SPOKE ILL of GOA. Here's a good quote from back when the NRA wasn't in freefall:
View attachment 25428

The NRA is practically bankrupt. Since 2015, NRA's expenditures have outpaced revenue every year until now, mainly because of Wayne & his top people (such as Josh Powell before his ouster) and Wayne's shark, Atty. WIlliam Brewer all getting paid at least a million every year for many years. When the truth got out what was being done in secret at NRA HQ, all the top NRA donors have halted their donations and even many rank-and-file members are letting their dues lapse, again in protest of the corruption.

Like many, I'll be very happy to resume my previous relationship with NRA when they finally choose to do the right thing. If the NRA goes the way of the dodo bird, it will be the fault of the BoD and them alone, because all this is self-inflicted. They have lost the support and funding from the vast majority of members, people who are now joining GOA and FPC and throwing all their 2A money and involvement towards those groups. I believe that 10 years ago, NRA had 6-7 million members and GOA had 3 million. Now the numbers have flipped according to my sources and both GOA and FPC have seen their support grow by roughly 3 million and 1-2 million, respectively, and NRA has lost at least 4 million. Essentially, the numbers have been flipped.

If you don't know the Execs at GOA & FPC, I believe it's a bit disparaging to assume they will become as corrupt as Wayne. Both groups are lean operations that even though have both been blessed with a surge in members, they don't let the extra support go to their heads - they keep putting every penny in their budgets into the fight, and it's making a difference; the antigun groups really do fear them and dare not speak of them lest they get sued MORE. We have been making HUGE 2A successes through direct activism, court challenges and legislative victories, EVEN NOW with the Commiecrats holding the House - both Congress and 1600 Pennsy.

View attachment 25431 View attachment 25432
View attachment 25433 View attachment 25434

I want the NRA to survive and for Letitia James to utterly fail. If the NRA gets canceled, ALL the other 2A orgs WILL BE NEXT, because then the precedent will be set. But as long as the NRA is dying a lingering death, we'll still suffer. The best outcome would be Wayne getting the boot and the BoD reforming itself in the manner outlined by the Save the Second group of NRA reformers, but literally the only way for that to happen is for the BoD to throw WLP off the bus. I'm sure that IF that happens, the NRA will spring back to life as people come flocking back! I know I would come back, and even ante up & be an NRA lifer one more time.
I disagree with practically all of this. If not for the NRA it would still be like the 70s as far as gun control is concerned.

• You say you won't let my comment stand, but then in the same breath you say you don't care and dismiss the issue with NFA and FFA because it happened 'a long time ago'. That's exactly the mindset of the anti's and their baloney 'Constitution is over 200 years old and is outdated' canard. Epic fail, dude.
  • NRA supported the '68 GCA till a certain provision was added by amendment and only then did the NRA 'oppose' it. They were fine with all the gun control before that amendment, so no, you're not just wrong, you're being ignorant.
  • NRA helped write FOPA and that's how they sold it to gun owners but promptly compromised away our 2A by letting the other side add the antigun additions to the bill. At that point, the proper course of action would have been for the NRA to call every Congressman on the pro-gun side and tell them to spike the tainted bill... but the NRA didn't, and so now law abiding civilian ownership of machine guns is infringed to the point that a whole class of firearms regardless of age or modernity is unattainable to the vast majority of Americans. Except Wayne. His overpaid position affords him to have machine guns anyway and he doesn't give a "F" if guys like you or me can't, because he thinks we're beneath him. Again, your ignorance of what happened there is telling.
  • 1990's. Wrong, period. You have no facts to support your false claim. For example, the NRA was willing to compromise and said "you can have your ban if you add a sunset clause", so the other side (expecting to be able to remove the sunset in subsequent legislation) accepted the compromise and assented. That wasn't an NRA win, that was the other side "blinking". This was before the antigun clowns realized that their cause was gonna get slaughtered in the 'Contract With America' initiative and the imminent Republican takeover in Congress.
  • Right after that, REAL NRA supporters tried to save the Association from WLP. The only thing that kept WLP from being ousted were the backroom deals and chicanery of his supporters. When he survived the attempt to oust him, he immediately set out to insulate himself from any and all future attempts to hold him accountable, which I outlined in another post. Since then, his corruption has rotted the leadership of the organization. Anyone who isn't a loyal yes-man gets isolated and eventually ousted by the insiders.
  • The fact you know nothing about the bump stock issue shows you're a low-information mushroom for WLP. Mushroom as in enjoying sitting in the dark and having Radioactive Wayne's bravo sierra shoveled on you. The bump stock issue started with WLP meeting with Trump and demanding that Trump compromise with the other side and direct BATF to ban the stocks, or NRA would withdraw their endorsement of him, something that Trump believed would have cost him in 2020. The one time I saw Trump get hoodwinked EVER. He KNEW that gun owners got him elected, but not being a part of the 2A community, did NOT know that NRA membership only accounts for 1/20th of all gun owners of America, and I am generously rounding up on that percentage.
  • Also, the reason why the bump stock issue is so critical is because it opened the door for BATF to reclassify ANY GUN PART as a 'machine gun' even though the BATF is not authorized to rewrite laws that define what a thing is!! As a direct consequence, now the BATF is looking to redefine other things like pistol braces, receivers, triggers, and even rewrite the very definition of a FIREARM.
  • Finally, Josh Powell (there with WLP when he met Trump) pushed even harder on the Red Flag stuff. To Trump's credit, he knew he couldn't roll with 2 antigun executive actions & survive the 2020 election, so he simply ignored Powell's appeal. BUT Powell DID make a video that was on NRA's website explaining that NRA DID support Red Flags like the kind Indiana has - and since I'm originally from Indiana, this was a hot button for me!! Anyway, Trump getting strongarmed on gun policy is likely why he didn't have a complete landslide victory in 2020, and that is probably because he lost a LOT of libertarian-leaning conservatives who never forgot or forgave that.
  • Britain and Australia did not have a 'Gun Owners of ~' or their own version of FPC. We do, and THAT THERE is what made the difference. Since 1975, GOA's activism has increased over the years and has picked up the slack where NRA simply was not doing their job. Instead, other 2A groups' victories were poached and claimed by NRA as their 'own efforts'. Claiming the 2nd Amendment only stands because of the NRA is a LIE directly from the mouth of WLP! If anything, the 2nd Amendment stands IN SPITE OF THE NRA. As GOA, JPFO, SAF, CCRKBA (and then more recently, FPC) increased their efforts, this quite literally was shaming the NRA leadership and forced the NRA to up their game. I liked this and so for a time, I was a GOA lifer as well as an NRA lifer. I only repudiated my life membership when Wayne LaPierre started shilling for an antigun bill that the NRA justified as "preemptively crafting gun legislation" that infringed on our gun rights to a lesser degree than what the other side would do. He told the RINOs in Congress it was 'a pro-gun bill they can stand behind', and lied about the same bill to the NRA membership in 'Americas 1st Freedom' at the time. I know this because what he said in print bore no relation to the bill as introduced in 2007 - and unlike you, I read things. I read the bill, so I know of what I speak.
Look... before you start calling someone a liar and whatnot, do your fricking homework FIRST. Like I did. And no, not a 5 min. Google search, either. Dig deeper. Also, don't call someone with legitimate concerns a 'detractor' when decades ago the then-head of the NRA stated in the American Rifleman that they were OK with "reasonable gun laws" (and now you know why the other side is so wedded to that phrase)!! The NRA has inflicted their own wounds, and I do not need to fabricate or exaggerate that. I did not wreck the NRA, Wayne did. If you wanna hate me, I don't care. But don't speak of that which you know nothing, and attack another gun owner because of your ignorance. Fortunately, ignorance can be remedied. Don't compound that with the stupidity of attacking someone who is not your enemy!

Never shoot the messenger.

This was a bit of a rant, but I think it's deserved. If you wish to be a real 2A activist, you need to arm yourself with knowledge. Believe me, I was ignorant before I had facts, but I didn't attack people who challenged my assumptions. In fact, let me conclude by saying IF the BoD of the NRA should choose wisely and fire Wayne in order to save the NRA, and they replace that tool with a REAL HARDCORE 2A ATTACK DOG, I'll GLADLY REJOIN & RESUME MY SUPPORT in time and treasure, and if they stay the course I may even get a new lifetime membership!
Understand that all I am interested in is ACCOUNTABILITY. Accountability for state and federal representatives, for government executives, for government agencies, and for 2A orgs that represent all gun owners. So do everyone a favor & let it go, and so will I. We do NOT have to agree on everything, or even a lot of things. We just have to agree to pull in the same direction. You have your preferred group, I have mine, and I will never call you a fudd, or fudd boomer, etc. as long as you understand I have what I believe are completely valid concerns even if you completely disbelieve those reasons. The antigun gang is the enemy, not any of us. [Fin.]
Well...if you'll wipe the froth from your mouth...

You posted a meme, which you claimed is "100% truthful." It isn't. That's all I said about you. You have responded that I am an ignorant dupe. Understood.

You also called me "dude." And a "mushroom." I take umbrage.

But, in the name of peace, I apologize for provoking your ire. Let us continue to defend our right to bear arms together, before the moderators decide they have to "shut this down."

Thought I would add this link to this post, just saw and read it

Hi,

As I'm reading through this ruling my blood pressure is starting to rise. Wayne needs to go. I don't know what kind of ego trip he's on but he seems to think the NRA is his cash cow, a blank check for his personal use. Just one line in the ruling:

From May 2015 to April 2019, the NRA incurred over one million dollars in expenses for private flights on which LaPierre was not a passenger (id. ¶ 160).

I might go along with private flights for him, "for security reasons", but to charter jets all over the country so his neice's husband can babysit is ridiculous. :mad:

Let's just say Wayne is NOT being a good steward of the blessings he's been given.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

As I'm reading through this ruling my blood pressure is starting to rise. Wayne needs to go. I don't know what kind of ego trip he's on but he seems to think the NRA is his cash cow, a blank check for his personal use. Just one line in the ruling:

From May 2015 to April 2019, the NRA incurred over one million dollars in expenses for private flights on which LaPierre was not a passenger (id. ¶ 160).

I might go along with private flights for him, "for security reasons", but to charter jets all over the country so his neice's husband can babysit is ridiculous. :mad:

Let's just say Wayne is NOT being a good steward of the blessings he's been given.

BassCliff
Please remember to consider the source of the accusations. These are allegations, not findings of fact. No trial has taken place, yet. The charges are being leveled by New York officials whose only ambition is to destroy the NRA, not protect it from mismanagement. I think it's a mistake to just take them at face value.

I'm not defending LaPierre. I'm just saying let's stay calm and take prudent action after carefully discerning the truth for ourselves. Let's not let anti-gun extremists sow discord among us and provoke us into burning our own at the stake.

Please remember to consider the source of the accusations. These are allegations, not findings of fact. No trial has taken place, yet. The charges are being leveled by New York officials whose only ambition is to destroy the NRA, not protect it from mismanagement. I think it's a mistake to just take them at face value.

I'm not defending LaPierre. I'm just saying let's stay calm and take prudent action after carefully discerning the truth for ourselves. Let's not let anti-gun extremists sow discord among us and provoke us into burning our own at the stake.
Hi,

Ok, innocent until proven guilty. 😉 But there are a LOT of examples that Wayne does not deny. Should he be that entitled?

BassCliff

Back