testtest

NRA

Hi,

Did everyone get this email from Wayne? (Like we're really on a first name basis.) :ROFLMAO:

-------<Quote>------

Dear NRA Members:

Today, we are celebrating an NRA that is safe and energized – poised to continue its fight to protect Second Amendment freedom.

The NRA scored a major legal victory this week in its dispute with the New York Attorney General. As you will recall, on August 6, 2020, the NYAG filed a lawsuit that sought to dissolve our Association – to shut it down forever.

We fought back to protect our Association and the vital services it supplies to its members, donors, and millions more. After 18 long months, a New York court rejected the NYAG’s bid to shut us down. The case is not over but this ruling declares what is most important: the NYAG cannot shut down the NRA or seize its assets.

As NRA President Charles Cotton explains, “The message is loud and clear: the NRA is strong and secure in its mission to protect constitutional freedom.”

For additional information, please see these links below to an NRA media advisory and a few news reports recognizing these positive developments.

Media Advisory:
“NRA Prevails Over NYAG: Court Rules Association Cannot be Dissolved”

New York Post:
“Judge tosses Letitia James’ bid to break up NRA”

The Daily Caller:
“NRA Scores Court Victory Against AG Letitia James in New York”

Thanks to all of you – fellow members and patriots – for your belief in the NRA. We are proud to stand with you in the fight for freedom, today and always.

Wayne
-----------<End Quote>-----------

As a new member of the NRA I'm just trying to get caught up, and keep up. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited:
Hi,

Did everyone get this email from Wayne? (Like we're really on a first name basis.) :ROFLMAO:

-------<Quote>------

Dear NRA Members:

Today, we are celebrating an NRA that is safe and energized – poised to continue its fight to protect Second Amendment freedom.

The NRA scored a major legal victory this week in its dispute with the New York Attorney General. As you will recall, on August 6, 2020, the NYAG filed a lawsuit that sought to dissolve our Association – to shut it down forever.

We fought back to protect our Association and the vital services it supplies to its members, donors, and millions more. After 18 long months, a New York court rejected the NYAG’s bid to shut us down. The case is not over but this ruling declares what is most important: the NYAG cannot shut down the NRA or seize its assets.

As NRA President Charles Cotton explains, “The message is loud and clear: the NRA is strong and secure in its mission to protect constitutional freedom.”

For additional information, please see these links below to an NRA media advisory and a few news reports recognizing these positive developments.

Media Advisory:

New York Post:

The Daily Caller:

Thanks to all of you – fellow members and patriots – for your belief in the NRA. We are proud to stand with you in the fight for freedom, today and always.

Wayne

BassCliff
not yet, but just as i joined 2 years ago, and keep getting spammed getting asked TO JOIN, i'm sure I'll get that soon.

not yet, but just as i joined 2 years ago, and keep getting spammed getting asked TO JOIN, i'm sure I'll get that soon.
Hi,

Yeah, I wouldn't get my money's worth from a lifetime membership either. :ROFLMAO: So I'm buying a couple years or so at a time. I realize there are other 2A advocacy groups out there that need support. I'm still researching and learning how to get the best bang for my buck.

Am I to understand that the upper management of the NRA have not been good stewards of the assets given to them by the membership? I've been reading about lavish lifestyles, Bahama trips, yachts, etc.

BassCliff

Hi,

Yeah, I wouldn't get my money's worth from a lifetime membership either. :ROFLMAO: So I'm buying a couple years or so at a time. I realize there are other 2A advocacy groups out there that need support. I'm still researching and learning how to get the best bang for my buck.

Am I to understand that the upper management of the NRA have not been good stewards of the assets given to them by the membership? I've been reading about lavish lifestyles, Bahama trips, yachts, etc.

BassCliff
i am not up on all the improprieties or allegations. i get my info from many of the same links, that others provide.

Hi,

-------<Quote>------

Dear NRA Members:

Media Advisory:

New York Post:

The Daily Caller:

Wayne

BassCliff
He should have ended that message with “please support the NRA as I have another vacation scheduled”

Proud life member. True the NRA isn't perfect, But what made by the hand of man is? Remember all this started with two old over inflated egos, Wayne&Oliver peeing in each others litter box. I haven't seen it here but what amazes me are the gun owners that go out of their way to attack the NRA at every opportunity. I suspect that these persons are too cheap to help out and hide their embarrassment with anger. Then I'm a grumpy middle aged man so take that with how many ever grains of salt as you see fit. No I don't like every thing the NRA dose, but better the devil you know than the you you don't or no worse still, devil at all.

I haven't seen it here but what amazes me are the gun owners that go out of their way to attack the NRA at every opportunity. I suspect that these persons are too cheap to help out and hide their embarrassment with anger.
As I stated earlier in this thread I canceled my membership after over 30+ years, I have sent my share of donations over that time period, I have not went out of my way to attack them, I just can’t at this time support the upper management and the way the NRA is heading.

Hi,

-------<Quote>------

Dear NRA Members:

Media Advisory:

New York Post:

The Daily Caller:

Wayne

BassCliff
I was an NRA lifer, and if only two things ever bothered me about NRA, it was the self-serving propaganda laid on as thick as a certain televangelist's wife and her makeup... the other was how newer, younger 2A defense groups (namely GOA & FPC) would do more in a month than NRA would do in a decade, and NRA would pump out press releases that poached the victories of those smaller groups AS IF the NRA did it alone! The final straw for me was when the NRA lied about a gun bill they drafted, presented to RINO politicians as though it was pro-2A, and shoveled manure on the membership about it all. I was livid because I actually read the bill and saw everything that was said about it was a total lie. So in 2007 I resigned my life membership and concentrated on my GOA life membership which I got in 2004. Turns out when I did some research, I learned just how bad the NRA was on gun rights. No wonder then that all of the groups doing 2A activism are touting they are "no compromise", implicitly condemning NRA's non-performance.

I wish that the NRA would return to its roots, reform itself and reorganize, but Wayne LaPierre is determined as hell to ride the NRA all the way down to ground zero like 'Major Kong' from the movie, "Dr. Strangelove!!

YEE HAW - Major Kong - Strangelove.png

I am an endowment life member but I don't like the fact that W.L.P. cries about not having a big enough expense account to buy a new suit for every time he goes out the door. That among many other things.

I do not give any extra donations anymore either. I won't quit them but I won't give any extra money these days so WLP can live high on the hog .

As I stated earlier in this thread I canceled my membership after over 30+ years, I have sent my share of donations over that time period, I have not went out of my way to attack them, I just can’t at this time support the upper management and the way the NRA is heading.
Anni, it's not often I find a disagreement with much of what you have to say, and even fewer times when I mention it, but in this case, and with all due respect, I'd like to offer a little different perspective.

You said "I just can’t at this time support the upper management and the way the NRA is heading". While I agree it 'appears' some upper management is benefiting in ways not particularly savory to the rank and file, that's not what we're supporting when we pay our dues and or donations to the organization. Yes, those you mention may or may not be benefiting, but that's an aside and indirectly from what we're actually supporting with our dues, etc. Those monies are the lifeblood of the organization as a whole, not just a lifestyle for a select one or few.

And this particular organization is one of, if not the absolute most valuable to the pro gun world there is. Of course there are a few other groups who all do a good job with their available resources, but those resources are minimal at best when compared the NRA.

Influences on certain politicians by the NRA is immeasurable compared to most of the other organizations and has without question been responsible for supporting, upholding, and preserving our 2nd amendment rights more than all others combined.

I guess what that boils down to for me is that I'll continue to support the organization that best supports me and my pursuits, even if there is some amount of 'stuff' I don't like.

I dunno, maybe jus' me !!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

I am an endowment life member but I don't like the fact that W.L.P. cries about not having a big enough expense account to buy a new suit for every time he goes out the door. That among many other things.

I do not give any extra donations anymore either. I won't quit them but I won't give any extra money these days so WLP can live high on the hog .
I honestly don't know what NRA members can do to reassert control over the association. WLP has concentrated all the power in the organization to himself alone over the last 25 years or so, and engineered the NRA's elections for BoD to favor only people who would be his 'yes men' (and women). As a consequence, we can't get Wayne fired and we can't replace the BoD, either. I do not see any options going forward.

Now, as an ex-NRA guy, I just hope that that commie Letitia James utterly fails at destroying the NRA (to avoid a precedent that would threaten the very existence of ALL other 2A orgs)!! But I also hope that the NRA simply dies on the vine because they are worse than useless. All of the other 2A orgs are already doing everything that the NRA should have been doing all along... Legislative activism, Legal challenges to all infringements, firearm education, instructional courses and certifications, etc. ...BUT, most of all, NRA keeps compromising away our Rights by cutting closed-door deals with politicians!

NO NRA.png

This is not an attack on the members of the NRA. If anything, I feel sorry for y'all. I left a long time ago because I discovered all of the facts in the meme posted above are verifiable and 100% truthful. We have all been betrayed by those who claimed to represent us.

Anni, it's not often I find a disagreement with much of what you have to say, and even fewer times when I mention it, but in this case, and with all due respect, I'd like to offer a little different perspective.

You said "I just can’t at this time support the upper management and the way the NRA is heading". While I agree it 'appears' some upper management is benefiting in ways not particularly savory to the rank and file, that's not what we're supporting when we pay our dues and or donations to the organization. Yes, those you mention may or may not be benefiting, but that's an aside and indirectly from what we're actually supporting with our dues, etc. Those monies are the lifeblood of the organization as a whole, not just a lifestyle for a select one or few.

And this particular organization is one of, if not the absolute most valuable to the pro gun world there is. Of course there are a few other groups who all do a good job with their available resources, but those resources are minimal at best when compared the NRA.

Influences on certain politicians by the NRA is immeasurable compared to most of the other organizations and has without question been responsible for supporting, upholding, and preserving our 2nd amendment rights more than all others combined.

I guess what that boils down to for me is that I'll continue to support the organization that best supports me and my pursuits, even if there is some amount of 'stuff' I don't like.

I dunno, maybe jus' me !!! (y)(y)(y)(y)
Yea Joe, I understand what your saying, but for me I can’t, I’m stubborn old man here and once I made up my mind that’s it, if the direction changes and I see other changes, yes, I will rejoin. When I canceled it wasn’t just a rash judgment call, I was thinking on it for quite sometime before I did, sorry to disappoint on this issue

MN.Militia said "I discovered all of the facts in the meme posted above are verifiable and 100% truthful".​

I don't know what I'm maybe missing here but in checking just a few of these assertions I find that most are not true to the extent they appear in the titles. Most have extenuating circumstances attached and/or other concessions not mentioned in the direct quote.

I'm not the most skilled computer user in the world and don't claim to be the sharpest, but if I'm finding incorrect info I'll be the first to admit it. I don't intend to get into a contest or any argument here, I'm just asking for some verification to these statements that's irrefutable since I can't seem to find it. (y)(y)(y)

Yea Joe, I understand what your saying, but for me I can’t, I’m stubborn old man here and once I made up my mind that’s it, if the direction changes and I see other changes, yes, I will rejoin. When I canceled it wasn’t just a rash judgment call, I was thinking on it for quite sometime before I did, sorry to disappoint on this issue
LOL! LOL! Hey you "stubborn" old man, I didn't say you were wrong in your decision ........... just offered another perspective.

On the other hand, if you were to reconsider, I'd consider you an unusually intelligent 'stubborn old man' at that point !!! ;)

LOL! LOL! Hey you "stubborn" old man, I didn't say you were wrong in your decision ........... just offered another perspective.

On the other hand, if you were to reconsider, I'd consider you an unusually intelligent 'stubborn old man' at that point !!! ;)
9691F37B-7151-490F-9E41-1CFD762B0A55.gif

MN.Militia said "I discovered all of the facts in the meme posted above are verifiable and 100% truthful".​

I don't know what I'm maybe missing here but in checking just a few of these assertions I find that most are not true to the extent they appear in the titles. Most have extenuating circumstances attached and/or other concessions not mentioned in the direct quote.

I'm not the most skilled computer user in the world and don't claim to be the sharpest, but if I'm finding incorrect info I'll be the first to admit it. I don't intend to get into a contest or any argument here, I'm just asking for some verification to these statements that's irrefutable since I can't seem to find it. (y)(y)(y)
A lot of this info I got by tracking down the breadcrumbs from what was posted at KeepAndBearArms.com by Angel Shamaya.
Back then, there wasn't an army of leftist "fact checkers" attacking every truth that we speak to. Now, it's more difficult to discern truth from disinformation....

A lot of this info I got by tracking down the breadcrumbs from what was posted at KeepAndBearArms.com by Angel Shamaya.
Back then, there wasn't an army of leftist "fact checkers" attacking every truth that we speak to. Now, it's more difficult to discern truth from disinformation....
"it's more difficult to discern truth from disinformation...." very few truer words were ever spoken. I'm often afraid to even form an opinion based on anything I read on the computer anymore.(y)(y)(y)

Back