testtest

Your Best Home Defense Gun?

Hi folks! I just read this article and I find that like most other articles of this ilk, it lacks the single most important as well as obvious idea. The best home defense gun, or for that matter, weapon, is that which is IN YOUR HAND at that time when needed! Unless the home invader has entered the home with the premeditated intent of committing murder or rape, provoked or not, 90% of them are "scared off" when presented in one fashion or another by the "home owner's" presence at the scene. (Confrontation is most often not a necessary factor.) And I'd have to say, yup ---- a sword would do also!
I have been seeing as well as reading articles that actually attempt to put you in a "defcon red" stage for everything. This state ranges from hand guns to rifles to shot guns, with or without all kinds of "mods" and ammo, etc. Look, the bottom line is this, --- unless you subject yourself to these situations, --- where you live, and how you live, (meaning how you present your home, as in "ripe for the taking"), the chances of a home invasion are rather nill. Yes there is always the possibility that this can happen, but we, under normal circumstances do not live in a war zone. I realize there will be those who strongly disagree with me on this, and I will concur, there are instances and situations where the individual may be in a "war zone" situation, several places do come to mind.
However, for the majority of us that isn't the case. I am absolutely not saying "forgetaboutit!", I certainly do believe in preparedness in all ways. However one should consider the possible ramifications of shooting your gun's projectile through the wall(s) of your home into your kid's room(s) or through the apartment's walls into your neighbor's place. Consider that when choosing a weapon and calibre for home defense.
Well, I've managed to ramble on for long enough, and I do want to thank all that took the time to read this lengthy diatribe. Just try to remember if you will, "IT'S JUST MY OPINION".

Hi folks! I just read this article and I find that like most other articles of this ilk, it lacks the single most important as well as obvious idea. The best home defense gun, or for that matter, weapon, is that which is IN YOUR HAND at that time when needed! Unless the home invader has entered the home with the premeditated intent of committing murder or rape, provoked or not, 90% of them are "scared off" when presented in one fashion or another by the "home owner's" presence at the scene. (Confrontation is most often not a necessary factor.) And I'd have to say, yup ---- a sword would do also!
I have been seeing as well as reading articles that actually attempt to put you in a "defcon red" stage for everything. This state ranges from hand guns to rifles to shot guns, with or without all kinds of "mods" and ammo, etc. Look, the bottom line is this, --- unless you subject yourself to these situations, --- where you live, and how you live, (meaning how you present your home, as in "ripe for the taking"), the chances of a home invasion are rather nill. Yes there is always the possibility that this can happen, but we, under normal circumstances do not live in a war zone. I realize there will be those who strongly disagree with me on this, and I will concur, there are instances and situations where the individual may be in a "war zone" situation, several places do come to mind.
However, for the majority of us that isn't the case. I am absolutely not saying "forgetaboutit!", I certainly do believe in preparedness in all ways. However one should consider the possible ramifications of shooting your gun's projectile through the wall(s) of your home into your kid's room(s) or through the apartment's walls into your neighbor's place. Consider that when choosing a weapon and calibre for home defense.
Well, I've managed to ramble on for long enough, and I do want to thank all that took the time to read this lengthy diatribe. Just try to remember if you will, "IT'S JUST MY OPINION".
And consider you ammunition. Hollow points tend to stay in an assailant's body, and not rip through him and walls. Frangable bullets break apart and create schrapenal inside the body as well. Finocci has a new defence round that penetrates flesh handily, but will destroy itself coming into contact with drywall or other harder objects. All mentioned, and more, will protect you and your family and sharply reduce the chances of causing harm to third party innocents.

I HAVE TO BE CRAZY.
First let me say I have no idea how to start my own post so I’m adding this question to this post to ask all the 1911 experts to weigh in to what I’m looking at to add to my collection.
I visited the Springfield website and I’ve chosen 3 1911’s please see the pictures I’ve added and would appreciate any information to help me in my decision.
C54C095D-EB24-4F2D-B080-057AD73B1C78.jpeg
2788BD60-29D3-41FB-9292-0CA7145F9450.jpeg
EEEFC0EF-94E0-45BC-85BE-36FBAB7AC10B.jpeg

Back