testtest

New EDC holster

Sld1959

Hellcat
Just got the new Stoner for the P365Xl. It's just as nice as the one I use for the Model 60. The DeSantis was ok, great quality but it held it so tight to the body. Nice for concealment, but not my preference. I prefer just the slightest amount of cast-off where I can get a full grip without having to manipulate. And it is especially nice with the P365 with its sandpaper grip texture, my old skin just felt raw after a day's wear.

Also really like my new SafariLand horizontal mag pouch.

Now I can give the P365Xl the tryout it deserves and not just give up on it.

20220415_095900.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I like gear reviews. But I'm not familiar with the term "cast off". Are you referring to the cant of the gun in the holster? Are you referring to the space between the grip and your body?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Cast off , was what I was told was the distance of the throat of the holster from the body. Now whether that is a real term lol you are as knowledgeable as I lol

It did make sense to me though.

OK, cool. Yes, that makes sense. To be sure I understand, the slightly increased "cast off" angle allows an easier/firmer grip right out of the holster. There's a little more room to stick your thumb in behind the pistol and get your fingers around the grip. Correct?

With my EDC, I'm always trying to keep the grip from poking out and being visible from under my shirt. I wear a muzzle pad on my kydex holster to force the grip closer to my body. My leather holster allows a deeper carry but my draw is a little slower because I have to dig it out a bit more.

I'm a relative noob to all this. I've been learning, practicing, and training hard less for than two years now. This was a new term for me. There's still a LOT that I don't know. ;)

BassCliff

Hi,

OK, cool. Yes, that makes sense. To be sure I understand, the slightly increased "cast off" angle allows an easier/firmer grip right out of the holster. There's a little more room to stick your thumb in behind the pistol and get your fingers around the grip. Correct?

With my EDC, I'm always trying to keep the grip from poking out and being visible from under my shirt. I wear a muzzle pad on my kydex holster to force the grip closer to my body. My leather holster allows a deeper carry but my draw is a little slower because I have to dig it out a bit more.

I'm a relative noob to all this. I've been learning, practicing, and training hard less for than two years now. This was a new term for me. There's still a LOT that I don't know. ;)

BassCliff
I was always taught, and firmly believe there are no frivolous questions, only poor answers. :)

I guess I am lucky in as much as the width of my shoulders tends to let my shirts be looser and drape away from my hips so I can use a holster that does not hug real tight to my body. Even with the extra pounds I am trying so hard to get rid of.

Hi,

BassCliff
Sounds like you're carrying at 4:00-5:00. Try carrying at 2:30-3:00. That will bring the grip more into the silouhette of your body. Clinger Holsters has a model that they used to call the No Print Wonder. It's OWB, but has clips that will let you carry it IWB as well. I wear mine OWB and it hugs the body very tightly. Muddy River Tactical holsters also hug the body tightly. Both are supremely comfortable OWB.

Hi,

Sounds like you're carrying at 4:00-5:00. Try carrying at 2:30-3:00. That will bring the grip more into the silouhette of your body. Clinger Holsters has a model that they used to call the No Print Wonder. It's OWB, but has clips that will let you carry it IWB as well. I wear mine OWB and it hugs the body very tightly. Muddy River Tactical holsters also hug the body tightly. Both are supremely comfortable OWB.

I carry AIWB, around 1 or 2 o'clock, depending on where the belt loops are on my pants. I lot of folks use a "claw" to turn the grip more into their body. I find the muzzle pad on the holster much more comfortable. It doesn't pinch my tender bits. ;)

BassCliff

Back