testtest

So I did this, this past week..

Got my door up and painted, reinforcement kit installed but I’ll have to wait for the weather to spray it once more. Tried to touch it up and ended up orange peeling spots on the surface.

It doesn’t look like much but the kit I put on it stood up to both the battering ram and sledge hammer. You ain’t getting in easy. I’m still looking at fox style locks as an additional measure. Steel frame reinforcements are great, steel barricades are even better.
A7A09A0F-3AF7-485F-AE3E-A18B463DFD68.jpeg

Was talking with guys on another forum about a false wall to conceal the door completely. I have approximately 2” in front of this frame to work with. I’m investigating that now.

Got my door up and painted, reinforcement kit installed but I’ll have to wait for the weather to spray it once more. Tried to touch it up and ended up orange peeling spots on the surface.

It doesn’t look like much but the kit I put on it stood up to both the battering ram and sledge hammer. You ain’t getting in easy. I’m still looking at fox style locks as an additional measure. Steel frame reinforcements are great, steel barricades are even better.
View attachment 26279

Was talking with guys on another forum about a false wall to conceal the door completely. I have approximately 2” in front of this frame to work with. I’m investigating that now.
That would an interesting and probably a good ideal if you can do that.

I took all the pegboard off the wall and started over. I ran out of room. Goes floor to ceiling on both walls now. Moving the polymer handguns to their own wall (hasn’t been done yet), separated my Henrys from the rest of the wood stock rifles/shotguns with 2 rows of stainless 1911s. Now I have room to expand. I’ll post some new pics when I get done but for now, this is how the Henry/1911 wall is starting to come together.

4ADFF5F9-456E-4A6E-A2BB-9DA25F4AD70B.jpeg

Looks sooo much cleaner than the way I originally set it up. Flat black looks better too. The AR wall goes floor to ceiling now too. It’s also in progress.

All that walnut, brass and steel just looks sweet.

Last edited:
The rest of the progress pictures from tonight.
11B031F7-0325-420F-AFC0-8104C4559E8F.jpeg

E09AA1F7-30A7-4E6C-85C7-CF5DF78A26F9.jpeg

E4D6F092-3C59-43D0-8885-4A13E900CDB3.jpeg

I’ll get more mounts ordered Friday. I’ll start working on the pistol wall sometime tomorrow but it won’t get finished because I’m out of 1x’s for furring strips.

Like I said, I think it looks cleaner than it did.

That revolver display is t!ts! The whole job is nice but I especially like what you did with the revolvers.
Those mag clamps, do they work with GI aluminum mags or just the P-Mag style with the flared bottom?

Those mag holders appear special for each type...note the PCC mags top right have a groove on the left side, flat on the right. They are all different widths/thicknesses for different kinds of mags. Cool as heck though. Maybe each is a standard wood moulding you can chop to length and paint? Or maybe they are from Tactical Walls? Check out at Midway or other retailers....

That revolver display is t!ts! The whole job is nice but I especially like what you did with the revolvers.
Those mag clamps, do they work with GI aluminum mags or just the P-Mag style with the flared bottom?
Those mag holders appear special for each type...note the PCC mags top right have a groove on the left side, flat on the right. They are all different widths/thicknesses for different kinds of mags. Cool as heck though. Maybe each is a standard wood moulding you can chop to length and paint? Or maybe they are from Tactical Walls? Check out at Midway or other retailers....
They are unique per gun. I worked with them to create a bunch of pistol mag mounts a year or so ago. You'll see those when the pistol wall goes up.

Spartan Mounts: https://spartanmounts.com/?rfsn=6574245.3789b4

Back