testtest

Allen West to Oust Lapierre?

I hope it happens, I am going to do everything I can in my area to make it happen. Lapierre was responsible for the current state of affairs. If I was not a lifetime member and required to be a member, in order to be a member of a co-op range I would not have renewed.

Best news I've heard in a long time. I hope it happens. My membership was up in February, the NRA has sent about 15 letters begging for me to renew my membership. Each one more desperate (in my eyes) than the previous. On each one I wrote that until Wayne was ousted I couldn't continue to support them anymore.
When leadership like Wayne get entrenched for as many years as Wayne the whole organization has seemed to stagnant a bit. I support term limits on both the NRA and Congress and state legislatures. Heck my state had a leader(Madigan) who strangled anyone who didn't ride his boat. It absolutely affected everything about our state.

I also hope he is ousted. I am an Endowment life member and got a call from a nice lady asking me to move up to the next level because they needed money to fight the bad gun bills. I told her as long as W LP was at the helm they would never see any more money from me. She said she would pass on the info.

Best news I've heard in a long time. I hope it happens. My membership was up in February, the NRA has sent about 15 letters begging for me to renew my membership. Each one more desperate (in my eyes) than the previous. On each one I wrote that until Wayne was ousted I couldn't continue to support them anymore.
When leadership like Wayne get entrenched for as many years as Wayne the whole organization has seemed to stagnant a bit. I support term limits on both the NRA and Congress and state legislatures. Heck my state had a leader(Madigan) who strangled anyone who didn't ride his boat. It absolutely affected everything about our state.
Unfortunately , he would still be there if not for the indictment.

I really do hope this is the end of W. LP being anywhere near the NRA. I think he should have any and all benefits , including a pension if available , revoked .

I agree that WLP should go. He has gotten too smug and thinks we owe him a living. I will be going to the Annual Meeting the week after next so I hope we get a chance to vote on it. However, the way they have changed the rules, I suspect we will get locked out.

Wouldn't it be nice if they sent every member a no confidence/ confidence ballot for just WLP. I'm sure there are many members who have lost confidence in his leadership. The only way for him to stay would be an overwhelming confidence vote. If it's even close to a 50/50 he's gone...TODAY!

The previous post from Pittdogg2 makes perfect sense for a couple reasons. For one, what I'm about to type does not necessarily indicate my personal preference as to whether WLP stays or goes, but it does indicate my preference for supporting not only the 2nd amendment, but the other amendments as well, and especially the 5th.

And two, I can't say and can't possibly know for certain whether he's guilty of anything or not, personal opinions not withstanding, but I'll go down swinging in defending his presumed innocence and right to trial by a jury of his peers just as I'd hope to be tried if ever accused. But hey, that's just me !!! (y)(y)

And as an aside, I'm a big fan of Allen West. I personally have a lot of confidence in him.

If it weren't for the fact that the range I belong to requires membership to the NRA, I would have canceled mine. LaPierre, at the very least, has been irresponsible, and even the mere appearance of impropriety by someone in a position of leadership in such an important organization is inexcusable.

If it weren't for the fact that the range I belong to requires membership to the NRA, I would have canceled mine. LaPierre, at the very least, has been irresponsible, and even the mere appearance of impropriety by someone in a position of leadership in such an important organization is inexcusable.
I’m curious, is this a privately owned range or company owned? Having a “requirement” for membership to an organization smacks of kick backs.
Just my thoughts.

I’m curious, is this a privately owned range or company owned? Having a “requirement” for membership to an organization smacks of kick backs.
Just my thoughts.
No it doesn't. It's a way for ranges to keep from extending membership privileges to people who don't support gun rights. The NRA funds many, MANY gun ranges, not the other way around.

And all you guys who have taken media accounts of what one A hole at the top may or may not be doing and decided it's cool to trashcan the whole organization would do well to remember that even to this day, the only organization that has enough clout to influence politicians and actually get something done is the NRA. Hillary never said her number one enemy was the GOA. Go ahead and help the crooked NY district attorney dismantle the only organization that made it possible to have concealed carry in this country. When the anti-gun politicians finally have nothing to fear and you're burying your guns on the 200 wooded acres your second cousin owns you'll only have yourself to blame.

No it doesn't. It's a way for ranges to keep from extending membership privileges to people who don't support gun rights. The NRA funds many, MANY gun ranges, not the other way around.

And all you guys who have taken media accounts of what one A hole at the top may or may not be doing and decided it's cool to trashcan the whole organization would do well to remember that even to this day, the only organization that has enough clout to influence politicians and actually get something done is the NRA. Hillary never said her number one enemy was the GOA. Go ahead and help the crooked NY district attorney dismantle the only organization that made it possible to have concealed carry in this country. When the anti-gun politicians finally have nothing to fear and you're burying your guns on the 200 wooded acres your second cousin owns you'll only have yourself to blame.
And I NEVER said the NRA was a worthless organization and not doing anything to protect the 2A and our rights as civilized gun owners however I do have a huge freaking problem when those at the top of any organization take advantage of their position and abuse their authority. So that being said you can look back into any and all posts in any and all threads concerning this and I’ve NEVER advocated for the dismantling of the NRA however I do believe it’s time for new upper management.

Back