testtest

What influenced you to purchase your first Springfield product?

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
For me, many years ago, my one gun shop recommended to give one of the Springfield’s a try, they spoke highly of them, so I purchased one of there early Mil Spec 1911’s, It was a good shooter, the second Springfield I got was one of there original XD’s in 9mm, also a good shooter, I no longer have these two guns, but in 2009 I got one of there XDm’s 4.5 in 9mm and still have it.

Last edited:
I needed a pocket gun for summer time use. I had a Kimber Ultra Tactical in .45 and wanted to keep a gun in that cal. I knew I had to trade in the KImber to get the Ruger LCP II and then had to choose a small .45 to replace the Kimber.

I tried the XDs and the S&W Shield , both in .45. I chose the XDs because the Shield just didn't feel right in my hand.

I purchased my first Springfield in 2018. I was working as a LEO, and had actually gone to our distributor to purchase a Ruger AR556 through their First Responder program. The manager, who has been in the business for decades, told me that the Springfield Saint was only $50 more through Springfield's First Responder program. He said that he believed the Saint was "much more gun for the money". I decided to take his word for it and made the $50 gamble.

I shoot handguns much more often than rifles, but I was impressed by the Saint. A few months later, when I was looking for an off-duty pocket gun, the same manager told me that he had a brand new 911 Alpha in .380 acp that was selling for about half the price of the Sig Sauer P238, which was essentially the same gun. I added the 911 alpha to my collection, and loved that little gun. The rest is history.

Hi,

The salesman could tell I was quite disappointed that I could not get a Gen5 Glock 17. I was in California at the time. He then let me hold a Gen3 G17 and an XD9. The XD9 felt right. Sold! Now I've been shopping for an SA 1911, looking for a .45 with a 5" barrel.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

My first handgun was a SW MP Shield 40 then I started buying Springfield’s they just felt good in my hand.
My first was the SA XD Full size 40
Then I bought the SA XD 9mm XDM 45 and sub compact XD Mod2 9mm
I followed that up with the XD sub compact Mod2 40 and then the Mod2 45 love Springfield firearms.

Hi,

The salesman could tell I was quite disappointed that I could not get a Gen5 Glock 17. I was in California at the time. He then let me hold a Gen3 G17 and an XD9. The XD9 felt right. Sold! Now I've been shopping for an SA 1911, looking for a .45 with a 5" barrel.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I too was looking for a Glock when I bought my first SA. I went to several places and held and shot several Glocks. Didn't care for the feel of any of them. Picked up an XD Mod 2 and that was that.

I told this story elsewhere but it's a fun one... for me. Back in 2001 I believe it was, our police department finally let us have a choice of caliber, at the time we were only allowed to carry 9mm. This was just after I got my tax return of a few thousand. So, I went to my local gun store, saw the original Springfield XD's in .40 cal. They had a 5 in tactical, (for my main carry), a 4 inch (for my go bag and off duty), and a 3 inch for my ankle back up... I loved that all the mags were interchangeable so I bought all three right then and there.

3 of my favorite guns in my now huge collection and still have and carry them today. Well I'm retired now so my main 5 inch is in my nightstand, I conceal carry my 4 inch, and the 3 inch... well it's somewhere, in my safe.

For me, many years ago, my one gun shop recommended to give one of the Springfield’s a try, they spoke highly of them, so I purchased one of there early Mil Spec 1911’s, It was a good shooter, the second Springfield I got was one of there original XD’s in 9mm, also a good shooter, I no longer have these two guns, but in 2009 I got one of there XDm’s 4.5 in 9mm and still have it.

WHAT INFLUENCED YOU TO PURCHASE YOUR FIRST SPRINGFIELD PRODUCT?​

i honestly cannot recall.

i cannot even recall right now, without looking thru my logbook, which i even bought first.

coulda been, looks, pricing, or just the "wanting it".

but tell you what i have seen more so with S/A than some of the others is, more introductions to new product lines.

i only get (maybe) 2 gun magazines a month, so as a result, i wouldn't know what other companies' introduce a new line as frequently.

I went shooting with my best friend. He has a TRP Operator in .45 with the full rail. When I first picked up his pistol, I was put off by the super aggressive grips. After shooting just a single clip, I was absolutely in love. I started saving my pennies right then and about a year later we went and found the last one for sale here on the front range of the Rockies. I've got the 3/4 rail but otherwise a matched pair that I like to use for the "Danny Trejo/Bruce Willis" double up when I'm at the range with him these days.

I went shooting with my best friend. He has a TRP Operator in .45 with the full rail. When I first picked up his pistol, I was put off by the super aggressive grips. After shooting just a single clip, I was absolutely in love. I started saving my pennies right then and about a year later we went and found the last one for sale here on the front range of the Rockies. I've got the 3/4 rail but otherwise a matched pair that I like to use for the "Danny Trejo/Bruce Willis" double up when I'm at the range with him these days.
That is a fine defensive pistol.

Actually, my first 9mm gun was the XD, back in the day, I never wanted or owned any 9mm, if I wanted a revolver, I got a S&W, if I wanted a 1911, it was a Colt, after getting the Springfield Mil Spec then, I saw and liked how the XD felt, so it was my first 9mm, yes, I didn’t own any Glocks back then, but that was many moons ago.

XD 45 LGS package that came with 5-12 mags (Trijicon, mag loader, hard case) at the time, so it was value over the others. Being new to striker fire and surprised by the smooth action, so later on I went to find a deal on a Saint Victor vs Edge, which also proved to great out of the box. Next stop might be a Hellcat. Still on the fence and holding out for what new innovation they’ll come with next for that series.

I had become bored with the ARs I had been shooting for decades, and a shooting buddy with M14 training suggested the M1A. I purchased a Scout in the late 90's, and thus began my M14 addiction. The Scout is long gone, only to be replaced by a number of M14s custom built for me by Smith Enterprise including this 'Crazy Horse' M21A5 type SEI in a Blackfeather chassis.

IMG_7381.JPG

I have been thinking, my first Springfield is actually an 1873 Trapdoor that I inherited more than 40 years ago. I have not shot it for a while, I need to take it out and dirty up the barrel some.
If you plan to shoot it, I would recommend only using lead bullets. The steel in those old barrels doesn't hold up well to jacketed ammo. I shoot cowboy loads from these folks: https://www.georgia-arms.com/cowboy-loads-sass-1/

Back