testtest

How to Spot a Concealed Carrier

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

PLAYING THE SPOT THE CONCEALED CARRIER GAME

HOW TO SPOT A CONCEALED CARRIER

1657322987952.png

That lad needs a bigger t-shirt, toga or maybe an Eastwood style poncho serape.

Always a good article by CB, dressing for the season and the occasion takes some consideration that’s often overlooked. While I don’t play Spot the CC, but may encounter some other people these days that like to - and those folks probably call you out and maybe even drop a dime.

I‘ve made mental notes to some captain obvious’ and find to just not to be in a particular vicinity or have my back to certain individuals. Those No Beretta 92F signs some places are forced to put up are not effective, Loose open shirts, sports jerseys and Fanny pack backpacks are dead giveaways. You never know, especially with mall rats looking to settle a territorial or disrespecting dispute. There’s just a certain drape a garment has that makes it look out of place And that is very important when out where certain justice involved elements may group.

Tip: Never be the guy among others using a urinal while printing or accidentally moving the garment out of the way. Happens too when extending reach or bending over to pick up that shiny penny. Avoidance is key.

Unfortunately it may take a few expensive holsters to find one that fits for EDC, and out of sight is best.

Loose plaid or Hawaiian shirts in summer.

I used to think that. I can't remember the last time I saw an actual Hawaiian shirt so that one's kind of out.

Wednesday afternoon I went to Costco with my wife. I wore Wrangler Cargo Pants and a Red Head camp shirt.

I decided to count how many people in the store were dressed in approximately the same outfit.

I counted 15 pairs of Wrangler cargo pants, like literally the same model just different colors. Of the 15 nine were wearing lose fitting plaid shirts. I'm guessing some of them were armed but I doubt all.

that's just the fashion around here.

I don't see this often but there's one thing that I think is dead give away. If I see a IFAK, they're carrying.

Reading the comments on that story's website, one poster seemed to think the term pistol excludes revolvers. The term pistol refers to a handgun of any type, as long as I've paid attention. Didn't the expression "dueling pistols" refer to muzzle-loading handguns from way before either revolvers or semi-auto's existed? Just an observation...not trying to argue a point here.

Reading the comments on that story's website, one poster seemed to think the term pistol excludes revolvers. The term pistol refers to a handgun of any type, as long as I've paid attention. Didn't the expression "dueling pistols" refer to muzzle-loading handguns from way before either revolvers or semi-auto's existed? Just an observation...not trying to argue a point here.
I’ve always understood revolvers not to classify as pistols. Per the internet:The ATF defines a pistol as any handgun that does not contain its ammunition in a revolving cylinder

I don't like Hawaiian print shirts. I like Polos for when the wife and I go out, and I wear a teeshirt with some sort of print or picture on it. Not firearm related. And now I like to wear my tie-dyed shirts. Not many people see a Dead Head wearing a tie-dyed shirt as being a concealed carrying type. I will get by.......

If you look in the dictionary, at least older ones, the term pistol refers to a handgun with a chamber integral to the barrel. This includes modern pistols and muzzleloaders, single shots etc.

Revolvers are not pistols, the chamber revolves and there are 6 of them. This is how I was taught also but I have gotten a lot less emphatic as the definition slowly morphs into ant handgun.

Here is the official ATF definition.

If you look in the dictionary, at least older ones, the term pistol refers to a handgun with a chamber integral to the barrel. This includes modern pistols and muzzleloaders, single shots etc.

Revolvers are not pistols, the chamber revolves and there are 6 of them. This is how I was taught also but I havevgotten a lot less emphatic as the definition slowly morphs into ant handgun.

Here is the official ATF definition.

There are also revolvers with 5 chambers. And 7. And 8. And 10, even.

Back