testtest

How to Spot a Concealed Carrier

I never thought about it. It just seems like the easiest way to describe them. When you say it, people know what you're talking about.

On a related note, it used to be a thing among, eh, enlightened folk, to comment in an argument something like " When did you stop beating your wife?" To which I replied " When your wife started letting me beat her." :)
I get that it’s just slang to describe a shirt but my lady was abused and beaten repeatedly by her husband so it’s a little personal. When we met in Texas she didn’t trust guys to treat her right.
56D6B91E-06E1-4652-928D-DA6E176A1CBA.jpeg

I have to say for an old man I’m one lucky guy. Not only very beautiful but also very intelligent.

I’ve shown her how to shoot and she is very good with my Taurus revolver.
Mine isn't real into guns, though she has shot most of the ones I have that she has access to. She is however a ridiculous slayer of deer with a bow. I bought her a Hoyt cam and a half when they first came out and she makes me look like :poop: when we shoot. She has a thing for heights too. Her stand is always about 15-20 feet off the ground.

Mine isn't real into guns, though she has shot most of the ones I have that she has access to. She is however a ridiculous slayer of deer with a bow. I bought her a Hoyt cam and a half when they first came out and she makes me look like :poop: when we shoot. She has a thing for heights too. Her stand is always about 15-20 feet off the ground.
My lady hated guns at first but I couldn’t blame her as her ex tried to kill her two times when they lived in Mexico. He was arrested both times and released because he was connected,
“Son of a government official”
When she met me I helped her get a divorce, when he threatened me I talked to some guys I knew at work who knew him, they had some friends in Mexico who lets just say changed his way of thinking about threatening people.

If you look in the dictionary, at least older ones, the term pistol refers to a handgun with a chamber integral to the barrel. This includes modern pistols and muzzleloaders, single shots etc.

Revolvers are not pistols, the chamber revolves and there are 6 of them. This is how I was taught also but I have gotten a lot less emphatic as the definition slowly morphs into ant handgun.

Here is the official ATF definition.

Revolves were called pistols long before auto loaders

Revolves were called pistols long before auto loaders
No they were not, single shot muzzloaders were called pistols. When revolvers were invented they were specifically called revolvers to differentiate them.

Colts patent specifically called it a revolving firearm, not revolving pistol, which was shortened to revolver.

Now there were likely sone people who still used the word pistol interchangeably, but the proper term was revolver. Much like the people who call magazines clip to the point that many feel it is the correct term.

Last edited:
There have been revolving pistols, like the Volcanic and pepperbox where the chamber was integral to the barrel and the entire assembly revolved

Back